What's new

Photography Critiques Corner

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was shot with a fisheye lens. Should have clarified.
I assumed as much, just not my style.
Ah, I love the effects of it. Just makes it dramatic to me.
Have you tried fixing the distortion in post before? Just wondering how well it works. I thought about buying a cheap manual focus fisheye just so I would have something wide and then I could fix them in post processing.
I have not. I love the distortion on some pics so I leave it as is. That being said it doesn't work on every shot.

I use this lens
http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=NK105F28G&ref=PLA&omid=103&CAWELAID=1503877920&catargetid=1896140058&cadevice=c&&cagpspn=pla

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Rac I forget what you shoot with.
Canon 40d. My widest lens is a 35mm. Kicked around the idea of picking up a Rokinon or Samyang 14mm f2.8 manual focus because they are pretty cheap. They also have an 8mm fisheye. The Canon varieties are just too expensive at this time in my life.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried fixing the distortion in post before? Just wondering how well it works. I thought about buying a cheap manual focus fisheye just so I would have something wide and then I could fix them in post processing.
I have not. I love the distortion on some pics so I leave it as is. That being said it doesn't work on every shot.

I use this lens
http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=NK105F28G&ref=PLA&omid=103&CAWELAID=1503877920&catargetid=1896140058&cadevice=c&&cagpspn=pla
Wow a 10.5mm! You must get your feet in the pictures a lot.:skew:

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
The distortion is to much for me. But then again anytime I see a non-level horizon I look away. ;)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I use this lens
Wow a 10.5mm! You must get your feet in the pictures a lot.:skew:
Yeah, it happens a lot. Not feet per say but I have to be in front of everything by about 8 inches of it'll show up in the side of the shots.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I have a question on the shot below. Ive asked quite a few people for their opinions. Is it too saturated or does it work? I lightened it up and it just didn't have as much of a "pop" as it does bold, but part of me thinks it's too dramatic. Is it ruining the picture or do you agree?

Personally, I am not a huge fan of the fish-eye when it comes to including water in the composition, but that's not what you asked. As a b+w image, there's no over-saturation to worry about, but it is a bit dark. Or, to be more accurate, I think the contrast could be slightly increased and the luminosity adjusted. If you have Photoshop, you could adjust the curves because there are highlights in the image that are in any immediate risk of being blown out if you make those two changes.

Thanks for sharing!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question on the shot below. Ive asked quite a few people for their opinions. Is it too saturated or does it work? I lightened it up and it just didn't have as much of a "pop" as it does bold, but part of me thinks it's too dramatic. Is it ruining the picture or do you agree?

Personally, I am not a huge fan of the fish-eye when it comes to including water in the composition, but that's not what you asked. As a b+w image, there's no over-saturation to worry about, but it is a bit dark. Or, to be more accurate, I think the contrast could be slightly increased and the luminosity adjusted. If you have Photoshop, you could adjust the curves because there are highlights in the image that are in any immediate risk of being blown out if you make those two changes.

Thanks for sharing!
I see it now. Believe it or not I had my monitor at 100 brightness without even knowing it. I was looking at the pics from a friend's PC and seen a lot of my pictures as a whole need to be "brighter". Thanks for pointing it out

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Taken Tuesday night at book release party for NY Times Best Selling Author, Tonya Hurley.

I absolutely love this image!!!!! I am a huge B&W fan and love images like this that make me think what the hell is this all about.
I like the image, but the black thing behind the guitar is distracting and lends nothing to the image. Would have been nice if it could have been moved or move everything else a bit to the left to eliminate the interference.