What's new

Phrases that drive you crazy

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
What phrases are used around you (work, school, friends, media, etc) that just drive you up a wall. I've got 2 and not sure which I dislike more:

- use of the word "hater"
- "I'm gonna to get my *fill in the blank* on" or "I'm about to get my *fill in the blank* on"

What annoys you? Let it out before it drives you crazy inside.

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Oh man, where do I start.....

"I'm all about..." as in "I'm all about selling my soul for Apple."
Unironic/weirdly inappropriate use of the word "badass." As in, "hey are you going to meditation tonight? It's gonna be badass!" (actually overheard this)
"I'm all..." as in "I'm all like, totally, huh?"
Overuse of "totally."
Overuse of "like."

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I hate when white people try to use "Ebonics" as soon as an African American walks into the room. I hate that almost as much as when African Americans use a "white voice" that speaks proper. Proper English and grammar is not limited to the color of ones skin. That's just today's annoyance....
True dat!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself...:rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I hate when white people try to use "Ebonics" as soon as an African American walks into the room. I hate that almost as much as when African Americans use a "white voice" that speaks proper. Proper English and grammar is not limited to the color of ones skin. That's just today's annoyance....
wholeheartedly agree with you one this one. speaking proper english is achievable by any one

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
"Cray cray"
"Totes"
"Laters"/"lates"
Any and all uses of "throwing shade"
"-izzle" (Even the word "fizzle" irritates me, just because it has the same sound.)
"I <3 Haters"
"Do you" (as in "Just do you, man. Do you.")
"Picked up" when used to try and minimize financial stupidity, as in "Yeah, I picked up a new X-Box last week."

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yeah, spoken internet acronyms! *shudder*. My sister lives in LA and she's heard people say "B-T-dubs." Arrrrgh!

I also hate the use of "sick" to mean something good; and "gay" to mean lame or terrible. As in "dude, using correct grammar is totally like so fuckin' gay, right?"

And that's another one I can't stand - "I know, right?" or just "right?" when someone is just agreeing with you.