What's new

Phrases that drive you crazy

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
I work in the ski/outdoor industry so I'm usually around kids ages 18 to about 25. The list could get quite long but in a minute is one that gets me every time.
Example:
Have you seen .... It's been a minute
Meaning it's been a some time since I've seen him.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess what bothers me most is just one guy I know saying "like I said". This guy overuses it and uses it wrong constantly, if someone else uses it probably would not bother me, but this guy irritates the hell out of me. Another one would be (bae) if I spell ed it correctly. I guess it means boyfriend or girlfriend; i dont know. Just sounds stupid.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
"Economic Headwinds"

A common term in executive speak at large corporations. Just say the economy sucks and nobody wants your products right now. Sheeesh.

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Old boss used to use the word "perspective" an inordinate number of times, and in ways which nearly caused me to lose hope for the English language. Eventually I just left the company as it would have it led me to develop a nervous tick. I'm pretty sure my medical record would have read "caused by imbecile in leadership position of billion dollar company"

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I hate when white people try to use "Ebonics" as soon as an African American walks into the room. I hate that almost as much as when African Americans use a "white voice" that speaks proper. Proper English and grammar is not limited to the color of ones skin. That's just today's annoyance....
ha, people that i speak to on the phone meet me for the first time and say "i thought you were white"