What's new

Phrases that drive you crazy

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's funny to see how language goes through so many changes and since I was raised in the 50's and 60's it became annoying to see how phrases came and went....the word 'groovy' made me want to scream outloud and 'sock it to me' was another stupid phrase that so many people abused. As we go through the decades we have had to deal with Ebonics and other derivatives of slaughtered English that put two or three words together to make up some irrational sentence. It's cyclical in regards to what each generation will do with the "new phrases/words" but one word seems to defy change...it's the word 'man' after saying something.....ya know,man?

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
"Irregardless"
"I could care less" Most people dont realize its supposed to be "I couldn't care less"
"Conversate"

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
"Irregardless"
"I could care less" Most people dont realize its supposed to be "I couldn't care less"
"Conversate"
I think I just read that "irregardless" was added to the dictionary because it's usage was so widespread.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I think I just read that "irregardless" was added to the dictionary because it's usage was so widespread.
I've got a colleague who overuses this word along with "irrespective". while it is an actual word, he uses it at least 5 times a day, and this word is not meatn to be used that frequently.

jonnylieberman

Ask Me About Outrage
Rating - 97.5%
53   1   0
Any form of "inspired" used in social media.

Specifically, pictures of a sunset hasttagged, "Inspiration."

Any form of "motivate" used in social media.

Specifically, pictures of Rolls-Royces hasttagged, "Motivation."

Any form of the word "Bless" used in social media.

Specifically, pictures of something expensive hasttagged, "Blessed"

#fuckthatshit

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I got two phrases that irritate me. I hate it when I am told "it is what it is". Also hate when I hear "in a perfect world.....". I have had several general contractors (in work in construction) tell those two phrases. I try to ignore it, but they usually see me rolling my eyes or shaking my head while I'm walking off.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, swag, that's dope
This are actually painful to hear. I believe they are more of a problem out west.
I "dude" the hell out of everyone in my work place. Unfortunately, it has rubbed off on most everyone.
"You know right" really hurts my head!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm surprised no one has said "fleek". As in...
"outfit is on fleek today"
"Hair on fleek" etc.
It's another Instagram buzz word I don't like.

Also, "bye felisha". My girlfriend says it all the time. It really annoys me