What's new

pic of your four legged smoking buddy

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Bagheera3.jpg Bagheera1.jpg Bagheera33.jpg This is Bagheera, she had that name when I got her (black panther from the jungle book). I was fostering her at one point, she was scheduled to be euthanized in a shelter in Tennessee. She was fostered, put into a home, the owners kept her for awhile and returned her, and then remained in that foster home until they couldn't keep her anymore. I fostered her, had just lost my dog so I had no intentions of keeping her. She grew on me, went on vacation and she would not eat. When I picked her up she was so excited she peed everywhere. Couldn't give her away after that, she's such amazing dog. First pic is when I first got her, other two are more recent.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
View attachment 113819 View attachment 113820 View attachment 113821 This is Bagheera, she had that name when I got her (black panther from the jungle book). I was fostering her at one point, she was scheduled to be euthanized in a shelter in Tennessee. She was fostered, put into a home, the owners kept her for awhile and returned her, and then remained in that foster home until they couldn't keep her anymore. I fostered her, had just lost my dog so I had no intentions of keeping her. She grew on me, went on vacation and she would not eat. When I picked her up she was so excited she peed everywhere. Couldn't give her away after that, she's such amazing dog. First pic is when on got her, other two are more recent.
Beautiful pup! After fostering a pup it's hard to let someone take them home. Great story and looks like everyone is happy.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Beautiful pup! After fostering a pup it's hard to let someone take them home. Great story and looks like everyone is happy.
Thanks! Yeah, it's heart breaking to see them go but rewarding to know they've been placed in a forever home. Would've broke my heart to let her go, though. She's just so attached, up your butt every second. She has terrible separation anxiety, she still goes nuts every time I get home, like she thinks I left for good. The only thing that was rough when I moved into an apartment, in my area I could literally only find one apartment complex that would take her. Most places around her have weight limits or breed restrictions (dobermans, pitbulls, rotties, etc.) and she's a pitbull. She might lick you to death, that's about it, still can't figure out the fear and hate people have for pits. I've never met an aggressive one, bad owners raise bad dogs they're not born that way and come in all shapes and sizes.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thanks! Yeah, it's heart breaking to see them go but rewarding to know they've been placed in a forever home. Would've broke my heart to let her go, though. She's just so attached, up your butt every second. She has terrible separation anxiety, she still goes nuts every time I get home, like she thinks I left for good. The only thing that was rough when I moved into an apartment, in my area I could literally only find one apartment complex that would take her. Most places around her have weight limits or breed restrictions (dobermans, pitbulls, rotties, etc.) and she's a pitbull. She might lick you to death, that's about it, still can't figure out the fear and hate people have for pits. I've never met an aggressive one, bad owners raise bad dogs they're not born that way and come in all shapes and sizes.
You would think apartment complexes would be more dog friendly.
You're right about pit bulls, there are no bad pits just bad owners. Dobermans have a bad rep also and I don't think there's a sweeter dog out there. Movies can change the perception of lots of things.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
You would think apartment complexes would be more dog friendly.
You're right about pit bulls, there are no bad pits just bad owners. Dobermans have a bad rep also and I don't think there's a sweeter dog out there. Movies can change the perception of lots of things.
It is ironic there has been one dog that has attacked other dogs here the 2 years I have been here and it was a lab mix with a terrible owner who got dragged around and couldn't keep it on a leash. It bit off this old gentle Dobermans ear, then recently attacked another dog and unfortunately got put down because of an irresponsible owner. If you ever seen what they do to pitbulls to make them aggressive and fight it would break your heart. Google bait dog if you want to see what I am talking about, the pictures will make you tear up.

Sent from my A574BL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Amen brother!

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Completely agree with that. Blue noses are probably my favorite dog of all time. Every pit I've met has been amazing, and the best family dogs. Will do anything for you to make you happy. Definitely sad that all these assholes have ruined their name as a breed.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
It is ironic there has been one dog that has attacked other dogs here the 2 years I have been here and it was a lab mix with a terrible owner who got dragged around and couldn't keep it on a leash. It bit off this old gentle Dobermans ear, then recently attacked another dog and unfortunately got put down because of an irresponsible owner. If you ever seen what they do to pitbulls to make them aggressive and fight it would break your heart. Google bait dog if you want to see what I am talking about, the pictures will make you tear up.

Sent from my A574BL using Tapatalk
I have a friend that has a pit up for foster right now actually that used to be a bait dog. Sweetest female I've ever met. Really upsetting to see the scars all over her face, neck and back-end.
I wish more than anything that I could take her in, but with my new job it just wouldn't be fair to her to not have someone home with her for that amount of time.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have a friend that has a pit up for foster right now actually that used to be a bait dog. Sweetest female I've ever met. Really upsetting to see the scars all over her face, neck and back-end.
I wish more than anything that I could take her in, but with my new job it just wouldn't be fair to her to not have someone home with her for that amount of time.
That's rough man, I pray she finds a home bro. Where's the dog located? I belong to several groups I can get the word out for you. My dog has bite marks all over the top of her head and around her ears. She also has a huge burn mark on the top of her head, like someone put a cigar or car lighter out on her head. The amazing thing is that these animals that have been abused and tortured, by us humans, can still find it in their hearts to trust and love again those same humans that abused them. It's quite humbling if you think about it.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
That's rough man, I pray she finds a home bro. Where's the dog located? I belong to several groups I can get the word out for you. My dog has bite marks all over the top of her head and around her ears. She also has a huge burn mark on the top of her head, like someone put a cigar or car lighter out on her head. The amazing thing is that these animals that have been abused and tortured, by us humans, can still find it in their hearts to trust and love again those same humans that abused them. It's quite humbling if you think about it.
Yea thats the thing that surprised me the most when I met her. She was extremely beaten and abused but would still snuggle up to a stranger, albeit apprehensively at first. She is an absolute sweetheart. I forget her name, but she is listed in Westwood, NJ. The owner of the pharmacy that I go to, his daughter is a part of a rescue/foster organization and she constantly posts signs and flyers for them there. Next time I go I will grab them. I believe she has three listed right now for foster or adoption. Only one pitbull though (she's the one that was the bait dog). Really fuckin sad and upsetting to see that shit. But you're right, definitely reinvigorates your faith in life at a basic level to see a dog that has gone through that to be able to cuddle up to a stranger and show love no matter what.