What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
:p No need to use brutal honesty good man... lol... the stick was delicious! #51 :D It was an honor to smoke your creation... to have it in my house and to cremate in my sanctuary. My thoughts were that this was made by the hands of another roller whom I've grown a respect and appreciation for... I thanked you for the stick as if I was thanking God for my food... I considered your craftsmanship as I toasted it and was very proud of and for you. The wrapper was 45degrees on the nose and beautifully draped. No prominent veins but if it's a San Andres Wrapper I wouldn't expect there to be. The body appears to be mold pressed. My initial inspection of the your stick appeared to be both an accordion style outer filler and an entubado style bunching technique at the core with minimal veins (which I love). From the foot color spectrum, I suspect it was a three or four leaf blend using 1/2 or less leaf per type? I could taste the seco in there ... the seco and the wrapper bounced off of one another nicely as dominant in the flavor profile without throwing the stick off balance... this was noticed more on the retrohale. The pepper was present but not dominant. No harshness... no aggressive after bite in the back of my throat... no lip response... all as expected from a mild blend. No negative after taste lingering or coating my mouth. The draw on the tongue traveled straight down the center of my palate which I attribute to the stick size. The draw was clean and of medium volume... not too little or too much in the nature of cloud production. For me it was a mild-med blend... earthy but nutty... meaty like chicken and not like steak producing a fuller flavor while remaining light of strength... nicely married. It burned with a fairly level ring although, it was a fast burn which was my only disappointment... it was leaving me too soon However as a mild body it is understandable considering mild blends don't usually contain denser leaves, which produce a slower burn. The initial smell of the body was very nice... no glue mess and the cap was delicious having no other taste than the leaf... cold draw was tasty and clean. I bit my cap off so I could get a clear look at the finish under the cap Well done! Other than spitting out the cap there were no loose pieces to spit out on the cold draw. The wrapper never separated from the body although I could see a little loosening in the final third. Absolutely no biggie It was not a barn yard blend... ie. no shittiness in the dry aroma or in the cloud. Upon toasting the blend, the roast release was clean and savory, the foot did not burn black so no evidence of excess glue was discovered. The body had no pockets once warmed... meaning the leaf distribution in the bunch was consistent full length... because of that I expected a straight ash the entire burn and the expectation was met perfectly. Hard draw test did not negatively impact the burn indicating the leaves were equally distributed within the bunch. What your stick says to me about the roller... you are a perfectionist, a precisionist at least ... you pay considerable attention to detail and you value quality over speed... you are in love with the nature of tobacco, you have an intimate understanding of the leaf... you respect the legacy in your hands... you are light hearted but intense... you are a good lover in bed and out... you are passion driven and have a drive to fully experience life... haste equals waste in your life and so you value your investments... investing wisely however lavishly of soul and frugally of funds... you maybe naughty but you are nice and yet somewhat reserve... I suspect in many ways you are more patient with the stick than you are with yourself... you derive pleasure from the creative process as well as from the indulgence of your own creations however you are likely to overly criticize your own blends... you are balance seeking and you take life to heart... you are a gratifier but be good to yourself to achieve maximum gratification, gift yourself more credit... you're doing just fine... All around... BRAVO to you and it was a pleasure tasting your stick. ~xox
absolutely wild you can tell all that from my stick!! Blend 51 is 1 nica habano seco, 1 criollo viso, and 1 corojo ligero with a Dominican binder. Haven't rolled that one in quite a while and sounds like I need to put that in regular rotation!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So let me share with you gents what took place yesterday... because from my own experience here on BOTL a lot happens in private message that does not happen the same way here on the thread and so I want to be sure that I share my version of yesterdays experience with webmost openly here rather than in several pms left to random interpretation or misunderstanding. ;) Webmost visited me yesterday and yes we did have a good time :) I had my associate Berniece with me, whom he's met before at his house when we met on his cool new addition. I didn't even realize till he left that he had ridden over on his motorcycle! :D How cool is that? He came in hands loaded with goodies... my favorite of all was his own sticks and a stick created by Hooligan! WHHHOOOTTT WHOOOT!!! We listened to cello music, which is his favorite type of music ... it was pleasant to smoke to. We drank, had cheese, fish and meats and of COURSE Cigars. :D I wanted to gift him more cigars but he doesn't like flavors ... I asked him if it would make him mad with me if I gifted him flavors and he said yes... lol... so there went that. He entered the house of a flavor expert lol... so ... what can I say... I gave him a naked Heavenly Hickory I'd rolled at an event the night before.

We then talked about the business ideas he wanted to discuss. I tried to explain the nature of how I do business with him and I'm fairly certain he wasn't able to understand the full nature of how I operate as he was very insistent that some aspect of it was illegal, ie; paying taxes on tobacco that I sell... I'll have to revisit that with regard to my public blend sales and operate with a "tip the roller" approach... however to with regard to my Members only CO-OP, there is no taxing them on tobacco they already paid tax on when I purchase on their behalf. There is also no tax on my rolling service, or on my set up service because there's no tax on the service. In any event, pay tax or no pay tax... when you charge what your worth as a blender and roller you do not have to worry about that tax eating into your lively hood since you will not be charging based on what a machine or a manufacturer can produce since you are neither. We are a niche in the market that isn't for everyone nor afforded by everyone so that leaves us available to the higher end market and clientele who can, will and LOVES to afford exclusivity.

So long as you consider every cigar lover to be a customer you will fail. So long as you operate like a sitting duck waiting for customers you will fail. So long as you can not address the questions your clientele throw at you with reasonable knowledge and accuracy you will fail. So long as you lack customer relationship skills with something as intimate as what a person puts in their mouth you will fail. So long as you don't believe in your own skillset and gifts you will fail. So long as you don't do the work of the art, every art work you roll will be charity and profitable business will fail. So long as you sell cigars and not your designer process you will fail. His key questions were based on sustainability... can one pay their bills? Webmost is a cool guy but he asked a dick question when he insinuated I might be a woman with a hobby that has a man who pays the bills for her. "Women have obligations and men have responsibilities" I was going to get angry with him for like two seconds but he doesn't know any better ... and even though it was a challenge enlightening him I continued to tell him I pay my bills, but I also live in a mutual relationship with my fiance so WE pay our bills.

My fiance is disabled and as you may know, no one gets rich being disabled. I am a creative, a Fine Artist and Cigartist. I also run a non-profit organization for orphaned youth and survivors of traumatic violation... I am busy ALL of the time (which is why I'm not always on here) obviously my charity is just that... non profit= not for profit. So, I roll these blends to keep me rolling along in the life we live. I have five children, three in college as we speak and one soon to be in college and another is a successful creative and flight attendant. I was a single mother for ten years, half of their lives taking on all the obligations and responsibilities while living myself with Fibromyalgia. So I'm really not at all in agreement with him remark there ;)

Numbers. Why do I limit myself to 100 club members? ... because it's illogical to believe I can roll for them AND for private parties and events with my two hands alone and with 12 months a year... there is work to be done just in the preparations for that. I cater to the social cigar enthusiasts as well as private humidor client. I know their needs and expectations very well and my structure suits them. Webmost and I have a difference of opinion about what the market wants and needs. Despite this difference, I'm sure he can agree I'm not going the fuck hungry and I am certainly not slumming ... I'm not rich but I'm growing every single month so I must be doing something right.

Supply. Yes... I use several leaf supply sources. Some you already know about and some I keep to myself for various reasons...just like for various reasons some sources held by you gents here are not shared with me ;) ... for me however, it is because not everyone in the business is as big as the guys we work with and are under developed and some aren't even on the radar. I need the leaf but I don't need people killing the source for us. I share the information with people I feel the source can trust. Sometimes the sources don't know how to tailor themselves within the market but have the supply... I don't judge them harshly if they are delivering me a quality leaf. I try to help them... position them for growth. Webmost was putting the squeeze on me trying to get me to tell him my sources. Webmost doesn't even like my creation and is very critical of how I do business for someone seeking information on how to copy my business model. :p Maybe he has a love hate relationship with what I do :p lol... it's no matter to me... but at the point I realized this, I wasn't really willing to do his home work for him lol ... while he has gifted me leaf I've never had, he has never gifted me a leaf SOURCE but felt I owed him my connects :p I dropped some clues for one source and told him the company only had a select few options but that they were great ones however their marketing was not ready for rollers because they really weren't ready with tailoring their product to rollers. The family were always farmers so this arena is new to them. Naturally Webmost went home and did his investigation based on the clues I left for him and found the supplier. He called to tell me about what he saw and as I expected he became critical and judgmental right away lol... which is exactly what I was telling him not to do. During his visit, I showed him the leaf... in comparison to the exact same leaf offered by one of our primary supliers... they were clearly the same type of leaf but greatly differed in quality. For this reason, I was not inclined to share any other sources.

If any of you are willing to be PATIENT with the supplier I'm talking about I'm willing to share it with you too or maybe Webmost already did :p . Being condescending or overly critical as someone who needs something from another person isn't a very successful way to obtain what you need ... nor the best quality of it. I'm a business woman and a shrewd one... but I try to be fair. 100% of success in this niche is based on relationship development and nurturment. Webmost and I have very different communication approaches :p I am more wordy (as you can see) and he is an impatient listener needing more direct and simplified answers to complex and compounding questions. :p Needless to say ... once we got off the topic of business and just talked about life... things went much more smoothly. ;) We all have room for growth and we are all feeling and finding our way through what we desire to obtain and deliver in this life... it's always helpful to create space for achieve-ability. So that's my run down of our micro herf. I welcome any of you to visit with me when ever you like... naturally I just need a heads up to ensure I'm available. ~xox

Yeah, I have a talent for pissing people off without any intention. I can be brusque. I get to the point.

Love you dearly is all I can say.

Not trying to copy your biz model at all, Rachel... not for me. Trying to see if there was anything I could adapt to another purpose entirely. Comes to your new source, my lips are sealed.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah, I have a talent for pissing people off without any intention. I can be brusque. I get to the point.

Not trying to copy your biz model at all, Rachel... not for me. Trying to see if there was anything I could adapt to another purpose entirely. Comes to your new source, my lips are sealed.
Like I said... you didn't know any better... it's just your way :kiss: Well... as per adaptation... naturally you'd need to adapt it ... but you expressed your intentions, you were honest... you didn't hide anything and I respect that... you were direct and forward and I heard you clearly... neither do I mind... this is how we alllll grow ... iron sharpening iron... that benefits us all :D Approach was a bit off putting though :p which again is a difference in how we each conduct business. I do hope you give that company a bit of time ... they are really good people and could be a great asset to us all... they just need a little more time for development so their presentation can match the quality of their product. :cigar:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Like I said... you didn't know any better... it's just your way :kiss: Well... as per adaptation... naturally you'd need to adapt it ... but you expressed your intentions, you were honest... you didn't hide anything and I respect that... you were direct and forward and I heard you clearly... neither do I mind... this is how we alllll grow ... iron sharpening iron... that benefits us all :D Approach was a bit off putting though which again is a difference in how we each conduct business. I do hope you give that company a bit of time ... they are really good people and could be a great asset to us all... they just need a little more time for development so their presentation can match the quality of their product. :cigar:
I was watching professional golfers this weekend noticing how they've taken a pastime that is supposed to be relaxing and fun and removed those aspects by making it their living and adding stress. I'd hate to lose the desire to do something fun because I have to do it for a living or cater to outside parties. Outside parties, or customers, can potentially be the worst.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
absolutely wild you can tell all that from my stick!! Blend 51 is 1 nica habano seco, 1 criollo viso, and 1 corojo ligero with a Dominican binder. Haven't rolled that one in quite a while and sounds like I need to put that in regular rotation!
I pay attention to the smallest of details because the most notable ones are already obvious ;) I inspect sticks our of curiosity, integrity and out of desire to solve the mystery of the roller locked within... every roll is a thumbprint of it's creator. ;) A splendid blend! The Nica habano seco will always be a dominant profile but it danced well with the wrapper... and the Dominican binder is a beast tamer... always singing harmoniously in the background... it all makes perfect sense now :D Well done!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

By The Way -- Your phone number is still funky. Now I can neither send a text nor get a ring. Nuthin.

Like I said... you didn't know any better... it's just your way :kiss: Well... as per adaptation... naturally you'd need to adapt it ... but you expressed your intentions, you were honest... you didn't hide anything and I respect that... you were direct and forward and I heard you clearly... neither do I mind... this is how we alllll grow ... iron sharpening iron... that benefits us all :D Approach was a bit off putting though :p which again is a difference in how we each conduct business. I do hope you give that company a bit of time ... they are really good people and could be a great asset to us all... they just need a little more time for development so their presentation can match the quality of their product. :cigar:

I am thick skinned as a desert tortoise. Almost un-offendable. I always figure offense is taken, not given, I was born not to take it. The flip side is gauche, almost farouche presentation. I can't ice skate either. Way it is.

All's I can say is, I know where you live and the mailman does too.

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Working from home.
F: 1 WLT Criollo Seco, 1 LO Nic Ligero, 1 WLT Criollo Ligero, 1 Jorge Ligero
B: Jorge Ecuadorian
W: Larry's PA
5.5x52

Something interesting happens with this blend. All the strength that one would expect from all the ligero melts into a lovely, smooth spice. The wrapper is pretty and easy to use, has a lovely flavor, but even with age (I've had this wrapper for ~1 year) is still doesn't burn well. No matter, considering the luck we seem to have with wrapper, it's a win.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
By The Way -- Your phone number is still funky. Now I can neither send a text nor get a ring. Nuthin.

I am thick skinned as a desert tortoise. Almost un-offendable. I always figure offense is taken, not given, I was born not to take it. The flip side is gauche, almost farouche presentation. I can't ice skate either. Way it is.

Either way, I'm thankful for your YouTube videos.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was watching professional golfers this weekend noticing how they've taken a pastime that is supposed to be relaxing and fun and removed those aspects by making it their living and adding stress. I'd hate to lose the desire to do something fun because I have to do it for a living or cater to outside parties. Outside parties, or customers, can potentially be the worst.

It all really depends with that regard... I love to roll... but I LOVE to roll for private humidor clients... I tell you why... I create a signature blend that is based solely on their palate... finding the formula that fits the palate like a glove is SO much fun for me... I get an adrenaline rush as my mind is tuning into their desires and tastes and my mind is plucking out leaf arrangements that taste like what I hear... then composing the blend ... tweaking it during a tasting and then nailing it... THAT is amazing to me... I like the fun... but I am IN LOVE with the mystery... with composition... with arrangement :D If I were a musician I'd be a composer :p Pleasing my own palate is nice... but bores me :p Preparing to please the palates of others... now that is where the joy is for me. So I kinda need a LOT of palates to maintain my addiction to pleasing them :p lol... So it depends I suppose what the basis of the therapy is... rolling is extremely therapeutic... can create stress or decompress . I enjoy the stress of helping others decompress :p ~xox

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

LOLOLOL Love this! lol... This has got to be the funniest thing I read all week! :D As per my phone... it's dead... charging... it goes straight to vm when that happens... I was up all night and using it too much then fell asleep without charging it so it was dead when I woke again :p I don't know what's up with the text thing... I've been successfully texting and receiving texts so I'm not sure if it's a glitch between our providers or what. :/ ~xox

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Working from home.
5.5x52

Something interesting happens with this blend. All the strength that one would expect from all the ligero melts into a lovely, smooth spice. The wrapper is pretty and easy to use, has a lovely flavor, but even with age (I've had this wrapper for ~1 year) is still doesn't burn well. No matter, considering the luck we seem to have with wrapper, it's a win.

Is that your tester tray? I have an ashtray on my station also for smoking and for test blends... is that how you use yours? :D

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Working from home.
5.5x52

I have a hunch that you're supposed to ferment Larry's stuff on your own, and that inadequately fermented stuff does not burn well. I believe this is also the problem with nearly all the WLT wrapper. Somewhere along the supply chain someone assumes the next guy knows he's got to ferment something... I'm no agronomist, though. Just guessing.

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I have a hunch that you're supposed to ferment Larry's stuff on your own, and that inadequately fermented stuff does not burn well. I believe this is also the problem with nearly all the WLT wrapper. Somewhere along the supply chain someone assumes the next guy knows he's got to ferment something... I'm no agronomist, though. Just guessing.
I agree. Unfortunately I'm not at all interested in learning the technique. I have to many things already taking my time. The closest I'm going to get to "fermenting" any leaf, wrapper or otherwise, is going to be tossing it in the long term cooler in the basement, and forgetting about it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really like the wlt Corojo wrapper.