What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here is a pic of my first batch using a mold and wrapper. I did a closed foot so the ends look a little ratty but I trimmed he dolls off before removing them from the press. Still need to get a better cap.View attachment 103162
Just a little heads-up: a mold and a press ain't the same thing. A mold goes into a press. Keep up the great cigar work! Looks like you're doing awesome.

Two molds in a press.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to step up my game. There are so many good looking cigars around here now. So...new label, new blend and hand rolled using no mold.

Of course I could've cut them all the same length but I don't like to waste good tobacco for the sake of a better presentation. Not pressing the cigar in a mold yields different size cigars even though there is the same amount of leaf in each cigar. I find the benefit is a more uniform performance in draw and burn since I get each one to the same level of compression when rolling them by hand. Each to their own.

Lago Maria.JPG

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, today is the day. A perfect day outside with low humidity and after several months of resting my 'Bliss' cigar was ready to burn.

Bliss 2.JPG

Perfect construction and a perfect amount of draw. As good as ANY boutique cigar.

The cigar ash holds on as he has advertised many times!

Bliss.JPG

To the end it was an excellent smoke. I really like when it stays glued and doesn't start to fall apart near the end.

Very enjoyable. Thanks Blake!!

Bliss 3.JPG

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, today is the day. A perfect day outside with low humidity and after several months of resting my 'Bliss' cigar was ready to burn.

View attachment 103407

Perfect construction and a perfect amount of draw. As good as ANY boutique cigar.

The cigar ash holds on as he has advertised many times!

View attachment 103408

To the end it was an excellent smoke. I really like when it stays glued and doesn't start to fall apart near the end.

Very enjoyable. Thanks Blake!!

View attachment 103409
You're welcome, amigo. Glad it didn't suck.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You know what I hate? I hate when you're just getting down to the nub of a super tasty righteous test blend when the Redheaded Bearswatter slides open the door and announces "Dinner!" so you have to go.

Don't you hate when that happens?

Been testing a half leaf piloto core enclosed in three small leaves Nic seco, bound in Dominican ... trying that with various wrappers. So far, the Mata wrapper knocks it out of the park. Just need to loosen it up a bit, cause the Nic seco tends to glom together & shut down the draw. Other'n that, absolute aces.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I say you booking in your last video. try estrujado. youtube.com/watch?v=za8CwMZ1MSE

These vids have limited purposes, Marc. How to roll the prettiest cigar, to fado accompaniment, impeccably wrapped and capped -- I leave that to Bliss. How to roll a professional gar -- I leave that to the innumerable vids made by visitors taking the factory tour. How to roll the best gar, well, I am so far from that and so consistently busy with work that I may as well not even aspire. You yourself, so far as I know, regrettably, do not vid your perfect rolling technique -- which we'd all love to see, cause you are the jeweler of our group. Me, all I feel capable to contribute is attempts to show a rank beginner how he may solve one particular problem at a time. That's it. I illustrate a method; not the method. I thought about including a disclaimer thataway in the last video, but in the end I went for terse over total, so I left it out. Appreciate your critique, and so I'll throw a disclaimer in the next one.

My latest vid, for instance, is strictly to show how to roll a gar wasting virtually no leaf at all. This illustration might help a beginner with a concept which he may apply more generally. I simplify the illustration, because, you know, KISS. When rolling for my own stash, I generally roll up each filler leaf, though I rarely enclose those entubations inside a base leaf, the way the guy does in the vid you refer to... I just glom the tubes together bind them. I gotta admit I don't make as stiff a parejo as the pros do. But they draw. Most of my old perfectos, I'd have a tough time getting them to draw until you burnt past the pointy end. I should get back to fectos. Love them.

When I video a video, there's enough of starts and stops and tang toungled dead ends so's I wind up with six or eight dead end dolls in the mold. This fine test blend was one of those. Smoked another last night, drew better. I will fiddle with some Honduran viso next to dial down the strength. If it works out, this is apt to be my next stashable blend.

I'm next scratching out a method which might best show a beginner how to firm up the head.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
These vids have limited purposes, Marc. How to roll the prettiest cigar, to fado accompaniment, impeccably wrapped and capped -- I leave that to Bliss. How to roll a professional gar -- I leave that to the innumerable vids made by visitors taking the factory tour. How to roll the best gar, well, I am so far from that and so consistently busy with work that I may as well not even aspire. You yourself, so far as I know, regrettably, do not vid your perfect rolling technique -- which we'd all love to see, cause you are the jeweler of our group. Me, all I feel capable to contribute is attempts to show a rank beginner how he may solve one particular problem at a time. That's it. I illustrate a method; not the method. I thought about including a disclaimer thataway in the last video, but in the end I went for terse over total, so I left it out. Appreciate your critique, and so I'll throw a disclaimer in the next one.

My latest vid, for instance, is strictly to show how to roll a gar wasting virtually no leaf at all. This illustration might help a beginner with a concept which he may apply more generally. I simplify the illustration, because, you know, KISS. When rolling for my own stash, I generally roll up each filler leaf, though I rarely enclose those entubations inside a base leaf, the way the guy does in the vid you refer to... I just glom the tubes together bind them. I gotta admit I don't make as stiff a parejo as the pros do. But they draw. Most of my old perfectos, I'd have a tough time getting them to draw until you burnt past the pointy end. I should get back to fectos. Love them.

When I video a video, there's enough of starts and stops and tang toungled dead ends so's I wind up with six or eight dead end dolls in the mold. This fine test blend was one of those. Smoked another last night, drew better. I will fiddle with some Honduran viso next to dial down the strength. If it works out, this is apt to be my next stashable blend.

I'm next scratching out a method which might best show a beginner how to firm up the head.
Right. I'm not sure what I was thinking in replying like that. ...