What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
A skinny one with @blisscigarco recommended ratio of 2:1 Cibao Valley Criollo ligero to Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo seco, bound in Olor seco, wrapped in Ec Shade seco.
Definitely smooth, and only rolled it 4 days ago, putting the wrapper on just this evening.
20180410_184920.jpg

I wonder how this would be with a sliver of CTBL filler...or a little mata fina....or a bit of Honduran seco...or the American CT Shade wrapper...

So many options with this blend!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Ok, so I couldn't wait, I made 3 with some CTBL filler, and 3 with a BMF leaf in the middle. Plus a little one from scraps on the table....20180411_001756.jpg
Ok, the CTBL was just ok. Maybe not what I was in the mood for but still ok.
I'll try the mata fina edition later and report back...

Last edited:

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Thanks, I think I’m going to order some binder, I was using the Dom Seco Olor but there wasn’t a lot of usable leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Dominican binder is very neutral and easy to work with. The Ec. Seco binder is phenomenal and you get wrapper leaves in there. Someone on here uses the nic. binder

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
The Dominican binder is very neutral and easy to work with. The Ec. Seco binder is phenomenal and you get wrapper leaves in there. Someone on here uses the nic. binder

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I'm using more of the nica binder than anything else lately. Been having fantastits results with it. Using that instead of the dominican binder has improved several of my blends. I'm using the nica and the Ecuadorian binder exclusively at the moment. Both burn great and have great flavor. The dominican binder has more strength so is a good leaf for beginners, but at the same time, I encourage beginners to use difficult leaf as it makes you a better roller.

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I'm using more of the nica binder than anything else lately. Been having fantastits results with it. Using that instead of the dominican binder has improved several of my blends. I'm using the nica and the Ecuadorian binder exclusively at the moment. Both burn great and have great flavor. The dominican binder has more strength so is a good leaf for beginners, but at the same time, I encourage beginners to use difficult leaf as it makes you a better roller.
By strength I’m guessing you mean it is harder to tear.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I did get some aged Ec Seco but haven’t opened it. Maybe I should look through it for binder quality.

A good portion of that should be binder quality if what you got is anything like what they send me. I used to use that as binder for my triple ligero blend until I started buying the Ecuadorian binder