What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna be in Scottsdale AZ for the week. Bummed out I won't be able to roll any. Left a bunch of leaf on my casing box, should be good to go when I get back.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

YvanheTerrible

Yvan The Terrible
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rolled my first petit perfecto or figurado, not sure what the vitola would be?

Found a few videos on rolling this shape but they were all for the longer ones. I figure these little guys would make a nice lunch time smoke.

Got this mould locally a little while back but did not have the confidence to use it. Tried to search the writing on google but not much came out. Will see how this little guy smokes in a few hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YvanheTerrible

Yvan The Terrible
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my latest smokes, still not sure what shape to call them. Included a Fuente for comparison, did not cap mine for now but will certainly try with the next batch. Overall quite happy with the results. I wonder if the Fuente had double wrappers for being so round and stubby or is it the mould that they use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Short Story is a good name for those. If by "stubby" you mean the the way they do the foot on those, you should be able to get something going with that mold you got by coaxing some of that leaf out of the foot of that mold and doing a little creative wrapping.
You may have to remove a little material in the mold.
You'll have to keep it from drying out to fast in the mean time while it sets up.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Rando-filled coronas gorda. CT, CT/maduro, CT/Indo, maduro/Indo, and maduro wrappers. I scored this lovely, old, craptastic mold in New Orleans last October. Currently my second-favorite mold.
Hey you, next time you go, let me know and I'll make a trip out of it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Had someone reach out to me to try to recreate a cigar they had made for them on a factory tour in Honduras. They were given a sheet with the blend details so it makes my job easy. What we have available isn't exact, but I think I was able to get close, we will see. Either way, what we have is 1:1:1 Jalapa ligero, Jalapa viso, and Cubra seco bound in Ecuador habano seco binder and wrapped with CT shade from FX Smith. A huge departure for my usual blends, but a tasty one.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Filler: Nic Habano ligero, Dom Piloto Cubano, Brazilian Mata Fina
Binder: Ec Seco
Wrapper: FX Smith Connie

Sent from Area 51 using telepathy

That should be killer if you don't smoke it during re-fermentation and give it time to age. A brilliant blend concept, probably nearly the best we can do with what we've got (even though you don't mention the priming of that piloto. Seco vs viso vs ligero are going to give you completely different experiences, obviously). The only thing in there I don't love is the binder, but if it's in there nice and thin it shouldn't muck up your beautiful blend too much.

Also a very legit-looking cigar. I'm impressed.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey you, next time you go, let me know and I'll make a trip out of it

Will do. Might go this October, I'll let ya know when that's sorted. The thing is, right now I'm not drinking or smoking and I don't know if that'll be the case in October. That would pretty much make it pointless; but I would be more than happy to bring along a few smokeables for ya.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Will do. Might go this October, I'll let ya know when that's sorted. The thing is, right now I'm not drinking or smoking and I don't know if that'll be the case in October. That would pretty much make it pointless; but I would be more than happy to bring along a few smokeables for ya.
Just let me know man, been dying for an excuse to get some good creole food

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have been pondering what to send to my niece's fiance. She has been in the neurosurgery ICU at UCLA since mid-August. Went in for the fifth shunt day before yesterday. Serious dain bramage from an AVM. He has stood beside her all along. Left his job in NY to move to a new job in LA just so he could come visit daily. A real stand-up guy.

I pulled this box from my long term stash this morning:

Stashed back in December of 2016. Holy Cow! What a marvelous smoke! Two large leaves of Dominican Criollo bound in Dominican Olor and wrapped in Habano 2000. Totally mellowed and ripe for smoking. Fired one up and can't get over it. The wrapper is a bit rough compared to the Habano I used previously. But totally flavorsome.

Think I have a winner for him.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Best wishes for a good recovery for her, and I hope he enjoys that smoke as much as you do.

And welcome to Southern California. And remember, it never rains here.