What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's very fun to try it. I got lucky and had no issues from the start. I hadn't smoked that for 40+ years but was medicinally in need and CBD oil is freaking expensive, and I know 30 people keen to share from their organic grows. When people saw what I was doing, there was serious interest. I live in California, where both medicinal and recreational are legal, so it's a casual situation.
I was using cbd oil for a while myself but at almost $60 for a little bottle it was way cheaper just to get a quarter of bud from the dispensary.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was using cbd oil for a while myself but at almost $60 for a little bottle it was way cheaper just to get a quarter of bud from the dispensary.
And since I get my leaf for free, it's WAY cheaper. Charlotte's Web (I have an epilepsy-related condition) was running me $170 a bottle.

YvanheTerrible

Yvan The Terrible
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I am totally impressed by the taste of this baby and it is only one day old. I’m not sure if it is my new leaves preparation process or my blending but the ammonia taste is way lower on young smokes. I bough 3 Coleman coolers on sales and prep my leaves two weeks ahead of time at about 88% humidity for wrappers/binder and 75% for fillers. I open and rotate each cooler every day and have not seen any trace of mold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, I am totally impressed by the taste of this baby and it is only one day old. I’m not sure if it is my new leaves preparation process or my blending but the ammonia taste is way lower on young smokes. I bough 3 Coleman coolers on sales and prep my leaves two weeks ahead of time at about 88% humidity for wrappers/binder and 75% for fillers. I open and rotate each cooler every day and have not seen any trace of mold.

Excellent!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

What kind of blend is it? Curious minds want to know...

YvanheTerrible

Yvan The Terrible
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of blend is it? Curious minds want to know...
I’m working on an app right now to help me figure out blending in general. Bliss Cigar Co. and Webmost have been real inspiration with the math and the art of blending (which I possess neither).

At the moment I weigh everything for my Robusto mold, 47 ring gauge. I have found that 11 grams of filling gives me the best results.

The blend has been;

Wrapper - Corojo Oscuro from WLT
Binder - same (used leave with holes)
Ligero - Dominican Criollo 98 LO 4 grams (36% of filler)
Viso - Brazilian Habano LO 5 grams (45% of filler)
Seco - Nicaragua Habano WLT 2 grams (18% of filler)

Made me real happy when I smoked it. On the stronger side I admit but nothing overwhelming either.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Things I find fascinating in this screenshot I grabbed from a video about the JC Newman factory: the leaf is always laid on the template with the top and bottom edges aligned "high to low," in such a fashion as maximizes the angle of the vein thingies closer to 45 degrees and further from 90. Also, because of the requirements of pre-cutting a single leaf to include the cap, the way that the "flag and cap," if there were such, are at a 90-degree angle from what you'd cut for an actual flag and cap, such that it crosses a vein perpendicularly. The vid shows about 6 uses of this machine, and the lay-on of the leaf is always exactly the same.