What's new

Pinar Del Rio Cigars - NEW VITOLAS

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Abe, I'm getting ready to do a review on a few of them. THey are fantastic. I had a commitment to do some blind reviews for a magazine, like 48 cigars. So, I will post one up later today!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I've been trying to get one via the MAW PIF. Jeff sent me the corona Oscuro and I finally ordered a couple lanceros from NHC. After smoking the Corona I was extremely impressed. The wrapper looks like crap, ok not really like crap, but mottled and bumpy. The construction seemed a little below average (at least the average of the good smokes I usually smoke). Let's be nice and call it rustic looking. But the flavor was out of this world. I remember thinking while I was smoking it, "If I was going to make a cigar for myself, I would definitely sacrifice looks for flavor, and sell it at a reasonable price". This thing is a flavor bomb. All those companies with good looking wrappers are really missing the boat. Abe hit the nail on the head (except for the reasonable price, these things are downright cheap for what you get). Don't smoke this cigar when you have something else to do, as it will demand your attention. From what I can remember of the flavors I would call it rich, ripe, earthy, sweet tobacco flavor that will put your shirt in the dirt. The only downside for me, I smoked this one after I already ordered from NHC. I really need to pick up some more of these. The #1 cigar of the year for me.

rahbass

PDR CIGARS - A.FLORES CIGARS
Rating - 100%
14   0   1
Abe, I'm getting ready to do a review on a few of them. THey are fantastic. I had a commitment to do some blind reviews for a magazine, like 48 cigars. So, I will post one up later today!
OHHHHhhhhhh mi Amigo Bill, how goes it... Yes i forgot you were going to do this for me .... I cant wait to see what you area going to write about it...

Well if Bill is going to write about the Lancero, had anyone tried the Clasico 's Yet?

I like to know these thing, it help me in my blending process , so please feel free to hit me up with anything, any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it.

Abe

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Abe,

I have smoked through every cigar you have at NHC except the two lanceros (I have both in my humi patiently waiting their turn) and I gotta tell you the unfinished foot torps from blew me away. I'm not sure if anyone has been talking about them in the 9 pages of posts this thread has, but I tip my hat sir.

Excellent and thank you.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
OHHHHhhhhhh mi Amigo Bill, how goes it... Yes i forgot you were going to do this for me .... I cant wait to see what you area going to write about it...

Well if Bill is going to write about the Lancero, had anyone tried the Clasico 's Yet?

I like to know these thing, it help me in my blending process , so please feel free to hit me up with anything, any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it.

Abe
I will smoke the Classico you gave me today and review it also.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I've been trying to get one via the MAW PIF. Jeff sent me the corona Oscuro and I finally ordered a couple lanceros from NHC. After smoking the Corona I was extremely impressed. The wrapper looks like crap, ok not really like crap, but mottled and bumpy. The construction seemed a little below average (at least the average of the good smokes I usually smoke). Let's be nice and call it rustic looking. But the flavor was out of this world. I remember thinking while I was smoking it, "If I was going to make a cigar for myself, I would definitely sacrifice looks for flavor, and sell it at a reasonable price". This thing is a flavor bomb. All those companies with good looking wrappers are really missing the boat. Abe hit the nail on the head (except for the reasonable price, these things are downright cheap for what you get). Don't smoke this cigar when you have something else to do, as it will demand your attention. From what I can remember of the flavors I would call it rich, ripe, earthy, sweet tobacco flavor that will put your shirt in the dirt. The only downside for me, I smoked this one after I already ordered from NHC. I really need to pick up some more of these. The #1 cigar of the year for me.
Wow. Seems like you really enjoyed it. I gotta get my grubby little hands on some of these sticks!

smokingIsh

BoM July '09
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
Yo Abe, here is my take on it! Thanks for making a great smoke![ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?p=460395#post460395"]Pinar Del Rio Habano Sun-Grown Lancero Review[/ame]

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
My review on the Oscuro Lancero is up too Abe!

[ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=25850"]http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=25850[/ame]

Last edited:

rahbass

PDR CIGARS - A.FLORES CIGARS
Rating - 100%
14   0   1
FYI

PDR UPCOMING EVENTS

Date Location Time City and State
4/17/2009 Famous Smoke Shop 4pm to 9pm Easton,PA
4/25/2009 Atlantic Cigar 3pm to 6pm Stroudsburg, PA
5/9/2009 Don Francisco Cigars 1pm to 5pm East Brunswick, NJ
5/16/2009 Tobacco Republic 1pm to 5pm Loomis, CA