What's new

Pipe Noob Reporting In!

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Gentlemen, I am speechless. Okay, kidding, I can't stop saying how thankful I am for this pipebomb from @Grrrrr609 and his unknown confederates. Holy Moly... Look at this stuff!!!

It's insane! It'll take me ages to try it all!

Thanks again. I'm privileged to call each of you brothers, and to be honest, I was a bit terrified to embark upon the journey into pipehood. I am now absolutely horrified at the enormous selection of tobaccos to try.

Cheers,

Spenny

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Your welcome my friend. My sincere apologies for the delay in package #2. I just put it together tonight. It flies tomorrow. Not making excuses but my week did not end as planned last week. But it is finally gonna fly.

Lets talk a minute about what you have received. I have not tried all of these blends. Most but not all. The ones I havent tried are recommendations from BOTL here that I trust.

You got the Dunhill Trifecta I call it
Early Morning
Night Cap
and My Mixture 965
These are english blends and great daily smokes. (technically I think the 965 is a scottish blend). All 3 are a staple to the Pipe community. And a great introduction the English tobaccos.

For Virginias I sent
Peter Stokkeybe Luxury Navy Flake
Samuel Gawith Black XXX
McClelland 2010 Classic Virginia
McClelland 5100 Red Cake
McClelland 2035 Dark Navy Flake
Aromatics I sent
Peter Stokkeye Nougat
Hearth and Home Meat Candy
Lane 1Q (the most popular pipe tobbaco sold)
and Lane LL-7

Perique blends are
Samuel Gawith St James Flake
Peter Stokkebye Bulls Eye Flake
Cornell and Diehl Old Joe Krantz

Pirate Kake is a Burley based with a mix of Orientals, Latakia, and Turkish tobaccos

Cigar Leaf is a strickly blending tobacco that I smoke straight. Its extremely dry and needs to be packed extra tight but One of my favorites.

Habano Daydream is Cigar Leaf Based

Peter Stokkebye Cube Cut is Burley, Cavendish and Virginia. Easy to pack and burns nicely.

McClelland Coyote Classic is an English that is a daily smoker for me. Love this blend.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/ is a website we all use for references to different blends.

Tons of Youtube vids on packing and lighting and such. But my preferred method is simple. Pack it, Light it, Smoke it. Dont sweat the small stuff. Relights are fine and expected. Pipe smoking is suppose to be relaxing. If it becomes a chore, set it down and come back to it later. Tons of info on here, BOTL, and alot of more knowledgeable pipers than myself here who will gladly give advice.

Enjoy

P.S. the best cure for tongue bite is Biotene

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
@Grrrrr609 - Few things.

1 - I apologize, as I somehow didn't get the notification that you had posted here with the comprehensive breakdown of what was included in the gigantic box-o-smells. Thank you very much for that! I'm eager to try them all.
2 - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Gents, I got kicked while I was down today. Dave decided he would finish me off as I lay there crippled from the last nuke he dropped on me:

Unbelievable! The nerve of some people. This will not stand. Or maybe I will not stand. I'll sit, since that seems a more relaxing way to pipe. I can't say thank you enough, man.

Also, I saw in the Basement thread you asked which blend didn't make it. The McClelland No. 2010 Classic Virginia is listed as being on backorder, and appears to have been deducted from the list in the box. I can send you the receipt if you need to square this up with them.

Seriously, I'm speechless. All I can say now is, I will take vengeance upon you. Maybe not tomorrow, or the next day, but it will be mine.

Much appreciated,

Spenny