What's new

Pipe Questions

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never tried a nosewarmer. I'd be worried about smoke getting in my face. That pipe there might be OK though, it's not the shortest nosewarmer I have seen. I tend to prefer longer pipes, such as churchwardens when I have time to actually sit down and smoke.

I actually don't own any Savinelli's but I just use the filters for cobs or grabows. I do want to get a Sav one of these days though, but I'm too busy collecting American pipes. But Italian pipes are great values. The Savinelli balsa filters work very well, better than the Grabow/Medico paper filters, which tend to swell and clog after a smoke.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my pipe cleaned last night and has been resting to dry out from the cleaning. Tonight is the night. After work I will officially be back in the pipe biz.
Dude! That's awesome. I hope it's a good experience.

I am still waiting on my tobacco... Friday is looking farther and farther away even as it gets closer and closer :).

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Took me a while to get back in the groove. To used to having a cigar you never have to re light.
Flavors were good. Much more relaxing smoking the pipe. Almost meditation like.
Hope you enjoy yours when the day finally comes. @SeaGarr

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took me a while to get back in the groove. To used to having a cigar you never have to re light.
Flavors were good. Much more relaxing smoking the pipe. Almost meditation like.
Hope you enjoy yours when the day finally comes. @SeaGarr
It's that "meditation like" state that I want to revisit EO80. I am stoked you got there on your first go back! Now I am more excited than ever! Nice.

Yeah, I think it's a bit of a myth that you don't re-light, even after you have become a seasoned pro lol :).

Man, I can't stop looking at pipes with filters as I know that will stop the gurgle that I always got. It was a buzz kill for me the gurgle was lol. Maybe I am just justifying spending money?? Did you get the gurgle?

Anyway - thanks for the update brother. Hope to hear more.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL - never-mind. I figured it out :).
I tore my hands up raw and completely destroyed a couple of those silicone jar opener pads the first time I tried to open a tin not knowing any better. Ahhh, the things we learn!
lol!! Thanks brother.

I felt like a kid all excited to get his new toy but no knife to get through the packaging lol. Anyway, I got it open, thinking that they should really indicate how to open it on the tin... for guys like me :). Somehow - I feel like I just went through a rite of passage :)?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The second rite of passage is learning the self-discipline not to open all of your tins just to hear the whoosh of the pressure release and then smell the wonderful, just-released aroma.
Man that's a hard one!! I opened the 3-P thinking that it is sealed inside the tin, but I kind of wish I hadn't now. I don't know how quickly I'll be getting to that stuff... I just wanted to, uh, see it - touch it!! Crazy :)!!

I am powerless to the curiosity my brother :)

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Man that's a hard one!! I opened the 3-P thinking that it is sealed inside the tin, but I kind of wish I hadn't now. I don't know how quickly I'll be getting to that stuff... I just wanted to, uh, see it - touch it!! Crazy :)!!

Take a look at any hobby and you will find one thing consistent - the followers of that hobby just are not quite right in the head. Piping, for example. How do you now you are called to the pipe? Because you (like me and everyone else) can't help but open tins.

Ask the cigar guys - how many of us (at least in the beginning) would open our humidors for the sole purpose of smelling it? LOL

You're not crazy, you're a piper!

Rating - 100%
41   0   0

Enjoy it. Too bad its supposed be freezing for a few more days.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoy it. Too bad its supposed be freezing for a few more days.
Thanks! Yeah - It's freaking freezing here in the Heartland. Don't know when it'll warm up, but I intend to smoke a bowl on the ride home from work tomorrow. I might have to pull over lol.

BTW, just toss it into a clean (preferably sterilized) mason jar.
I'll have to run out and buy some today - Bed Bath & Beyond you figure? Sears?