What's new

Pipe Restoration - Do's and Don'ts.........

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Griz is like a snake in the tall grass searching for the prime opportunity to attack... all I can offer is a heartfelt thank you!
no thanks needed, I probably have 4 pounds of it, 2 pound is new filtered by a local bee keeper. I have a couple friends (yes I have a friend or 2) that still do reenacting and they save all the beeswax from candles for me also. so "boom", its coming your way:) HEHEHE

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
20150319_194702_resized.jpg
Griz handled me an ass whipping last week.... a hunk o' beeswax plus some Boswells Perique, H&H Chestnut, (neither of which I've had), and a favorite of mine... 3 Nuns. Not to mention some serious LFD love with more bodyguards. I nearly performed a CSI on the return labels that were in the box to attempt a sneak attack back, but I figured a man with such a glorious beard had already thought of that.

I'll just take my whipping and head back to my corner! Just some beeswax he says....

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
View attachment 60915
Griz handled me an ass whipping last week.... a hunk o' beeswax plus some Boswells Perique, H&H Chestnut, (neither of which I've had), and a favorite of mine... 3 Nuns. Not to mention some serious LFD love with more bodyguards. I nearly performed a CSI on the return labels that were in the box to attempt a sneak attack back, but I figured a man with such a glorious beard had already thought of that.

I'll just take my whipping and head back to my corner! Just some beeswax he says....
Holy shit that is a downright ass whooping there. Best grab some frozen peas to keep the swelling down

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This is what I'm referring to when I say Griz doesn't play fair. No one should be able to dish it out without taking it in return.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
So after cleaning up the meer I found at the antique shop over the weekend I became inspired to tackle my Lanza freehand that has been sitting in my desk drawer desperately needing attention. I don't have a reamer and this thing reeks of vanilla cavendish or something along those lines. I tried for a while using a knife to scrape out the massive cake that was built up on this thing after doing a salt treatment with vodka for a few days with hardly any results. Getting irritated I grabbed out the Dremel. First I took a cone shaped grinding bit and did a little work to the inlet of the stem like I have seen on some better made pipes which should help the airflow and reduce gurgling supposedly. Then I took a sanding wheel and went at the cake very carefully at the lowest speed. It worked extremely well, better than expected actually. After I got through the cake I noticed some cracks inside the bowl. Do y'all think it's ok to smoke? I can't tell how deep the cracks are and I have another salt treatment going to try and get rid of the lingering aro stench. I'm gonna use it anyway, just curious what y'all think.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Firstly thanks Grrrrr609 for a great thread .
I've just ordered micro mesh and was wondering as to either you dry sand or wet sand the bowl with them.
I'm thinking dry but better to ask and get it right

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Firstly thanks Grrrrr609 for a great thread .
I've just ordered micro mesh and was wondering as to either you dry sand or wet sand the bowl with them.
I'm thinking dry but better to ask and get it right
I very rarely sand the bowl at all. I usually just buff the bowl.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk