What's new

Pipe story and other do's and don't s

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
you can rub them up, and load them like shag. you can cut them up, which is referred to as "cube cut". or you can just fold that shit up and stuff it in, which is referred to as... wait for it... "the fold and stuff method". o)

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I mostly adopted fold n stuff or also know as fluff and stuff by some. This Kendal plug I couldn't just fold n stuff. Even after drying time it feel right for stuffing. So I rubbed it out between my palms. Im about to light it up.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
I have tried the fold n stuff method with multiple flakes/coins after ample drying time with little success

Seems to give me an ok smoke the first half and a hot wet tongue biter the second half regardless of pipe or blend so far

Last edited:

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I guess that explains why there isn't much chatter about it. That also explains why my buddy suggested I get one. He's been trying to get me to smoke pot for years. Thought the pipe would be a "gateway" for it?

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Okay, so I think I might have made a MAJOR mistake (par for the course with me, it seems) but, earlier today, I smoked a bowl, I then pulled out my tamper tool with the little spoon and pokey thing (it's a technical term, don't fault me) and proceeded to attempt to clean the pipe out of dottle (am I using the correct word?) into my ashtray. Looking down into the bowl, there was some charred tobaccos left that I couldn't get with the spoon. I thought, in my infinite wisdom, that using said pokey thing would loosen it up a bit. You can imagine my surprise when I poked the hand that was holding the pipe.

Have I ruined the pipe or is there a fix? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I am getting a fondness for the pipe baccy and don't want to wait until I can afford a new pipe, so, if I can fix this one, that'd be great.

Thanks in advance for any help

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
so, i am assuming you poked a hole through the bottom of a cob, right? there are some cobs with hard wood heels, and some with standard heels (same material, dried cured corn cob). this sounds to be the latter. BUT you can insert a small round bit of hard wood and secure it with wood or elmer's glue, and it should work fine, replacing the heel with hard wood.

now, if you poked through the heel of a briar or meer, you just gotta not pipe angry! o_0

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Look up mudding a corn cob pipe. I haven't done it myself and I just leave any stubborn bottle in the pipe. I am not concerned much about a little.left overs in my cheapie cob. I have two if what I sent you and I treat them like step kids.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Gentleman (I use that term in respect, no insults intended) thank you very much for your assistance.

Mr. Junkie, it's not so much piping angry as it is piping with CDO. As for the heel replacement, is there a hardwood you'd recommend or would any due? Knowing me, could I replace it with duct tape?

Mr. Hole, with leaving the remnants, would that affect flavor much?

Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Gentleman (I use that term in respect, no insults intended) thank you very much for your assistance.

Mr. Junkie, it's not so much piping angry as it is piping with CDO. As for the heel replacement, is there a hardwood you'd recommend or would any due? Knowing me, could I replace it with duct tape?

Send me your addy. I got a pipe for you. Please don't make me work for it.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I (tried to) light up my first bowl yesterday. "Fail" doesn't come anywhere near adequately describing the experience! :rofl:

Same as others, I got great smoke immediately upon lighting it but 2-3 puffs later, it was out. Obviously packed way too light. So, after several relights, I remembered this thread and the comment "light, tamp, relight". For a while, all I was getting in my mouth was steam and the taste of burnt corn (I was using my cob for the first time)

One note - don't do the "tamp and relight) after you've been trying to smoke it for a while because you will have a ton of ash in the bowl by then and, when you draw in trying to relight it, you get a mouthful of ash!!!!

Going to retry this evening and pack a lot firmer.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0

Yeah it could affect the flavor, but I tend to not stray too far baccy wise. So I haven't noticed much of an impact bowl to bowl.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0

Send me your addy. I got a pipe for you. Please don't make me work for it.
Please don't make me beg. I feel so indebted to a bunch of brothers here that I don't know if I'll ever dig out of that hole. I don't want to come off as a mooch as that was the furthest thing from the truth. Having said that, I do know that some words don't mean diddly squat around here, and if you feel that these qualify, I will send my address. But rest assured, it may take a few months, but I will get even or ahead on this board.