What's new

Pipe story and other do's and don't s

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
if your CDO (love that you alphabetized it!) requires you to clear the bowl, which i can respect, try a pipe cleaner. i use one side through the stem down into the chamber, then the other, then use those ends each in turn to wipe down the chamber (perpendicular to the heel, along the interior of the bowl), then bend the cleaner in a U shape around your finger and use it like a soft reamer, cleaning the heel and walls of the bowl. i do this twice, two cleaners, after every bowl.

down side is i build cake slow as shit (as part of cake is actually residual ash and some tobacco particulate), but what is (slowly) building, is more stable and will last longer. plus, i smoke slow, so no harm done to my pipes even with minimal cake.

and, yes, you could probably fix it with tape if you had to, then use smokinghole's suggestion of pipe mud. or pipe mud alone, or with glue in the bottom side. or just pony up your addy and wait for the post. o)

ALSO: if we thought you were a troll, the offers wouldn't be there. roll with it, and pay it forward when and if able.

Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Gentleman (I use that term in respect, no insults intended) thank you very much for your assistance.

Mr. Junkie, it's not so much piping angry as it is piping with CDO. As for the heel replacement, is there a hardwood you'd recommend or would any due? Knowing me, could I replace it with duct tape?

Mr. Hole, with leaving the remnants, would that affect flavor much?

Send me your addy. I got a pipe for you. Please don't make me work for it.
Please don't make me beg. I feel so indebted to a bunch of brothers here that I don't know if I'll ever dig out of that hole. I don't want to come off as a mooch as that was the furthest thing from the truth. Having said that, I do know that some words don't mean diddly squat around here, and if you feel that these qualify, I will send my address. But rest assured, it may take a few months, but I will get even or ahead on this board.
Send it to me. No worries and you don't owe anything.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Gentleman (I use that term in respect, no insults intended) thank you very much for your assistance.

Mr. Junkie, it's not so much piping angry as it is piping with CDO. As for the heel replacement, is there a hardwood you'd recommend or would any due? Knowing me, could I replace it with duct tape?

Please don't make me beg. I feel so indebted to a bunch of brothers here that I don't know if I'll ever dig out of that hole. I don't want to come off as a mooch as that was the furthest thing from the truth. Having said that, I do know that some words don't mean diddly squat around here, and if you feel that these qualify, I will send my address. But rest assured, it may take a few months, but I will get even or ahead on this board.
Nope. No you won't. :eyebrow:

Rating - 100%
151   0   0

Mine was sent this morning. Will he there Monday hahahaha.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0

Mine was sent this morning. Will he there Monday hahahaha.
That laugh scares me...

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
given a long enough time line, one if us will eventually drop a tracker. mathematical certainty. look it up, it's under "advanced BotL math". o)

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
So to share another story. Again I may have shared this before.

I work midnights. Sleep all day, up all night, oh the life of a vampire. So even when I'm off work I usually keep the same hours. So late one night while trying to learn the pack and light and tamp and relight, i sneezed thru my pipe. DONT EVER SNEEZE THRU YOUR PIPE. I blew burning embers from my bowl onto my sleep pants (PJ'S for the uncool) which apparently weren't flame resistant.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
So to share another story. Again I may have shared this before.

I work midnights. Sleep all day, up all night, oh the life of a vampire. So even when I'm off work I usually keep the same hours. So late one night while trying to learn the pack and light and tamp and relight, i sneezed thru my pipe. DONT EVER SNEEZE THRU YOUR PIPE. I blew burning embers from my bowl onto my sleep pants (PJ'S for the uncool) which apparently weren't flame resistant.
Nice! A fellow graveyard shifter! Isn't it wonderful to be a vampire..... We get to stay up and do nothing (so we don't wake others) and then try and sleep while they're all awake... #whatdreamsaremadeof...

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice! A fellow graveyard shifter! Isn't it wonderful to be a vampire..... We get to stay up and do nothing (so we don't wake others) and then try and sleep while they're all awake... #whatdreamsaremadeof...
I worked midnight shift for only a few months, & Idk how you guys do it. I was stationed on Oahu & barely ever saw the sun. I thought it'd be perfect for "night life" until I realized I only got one weekend off a month lol... And I lived in the barracks, where every asshat had to play Call of Duty with surround sound cranked to the max.