Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Mold

Votes: 97 96.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Thanks for the detailed response. This and Craigs scenario really illustrates the importance of learning about a product/art for your self so as not to fall victim to retailers ignorance or worse. BotL is perfect for this very reason and of course the comradry too!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Rating - 82.4%
36   6   0
Rupe - I'm not sure what the status is on this mess--but I did see this and saw the cigars in question were FOUR KICKS(!)...

Regardless, please email me directly at Huber@CrownedHeads.com. I want to 'make good' on this problem. For what it's worth....my rule of thumb is that if there's anything 'fuzzy' on the foot, chances are it's mold.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads

wow thats customer service at its best! not even Jons fault nor responsibility and he wants to make good! Much respect for that man right there!

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Rupe - I'm not sure what the status is on this mess--but I did see this and saw the cigars in question were FOUR KICKS(!)...

Regardless, please email me directly at Huber@CrownedHeads.com. I want to 'make good' on this problem. For what it's worth....my rule of thumb is that if there's anything 'fuzzy' on the foot, chances are it's mold.

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads
Class act, very nice to offer to make it right even though the fault is on the retailer (IMO)
+1 this is what it's all about- you just earned some business from me

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads
Just based on this responce im now going to give these a try as ive never had a Four Kicks.. bravo Jon your a stand up guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
1. Obviously mold.
2. It almost sounds like the rep transposed his words. He wrote plume, but the following offer makes it sound like he understood it was mold. I think he mighta mistyped.
3. Jon, what a standup offer! I'm rapidly becoming a Crowned Heads fan just based on your interaction with our community hear. The fact that the Headley Grande and Muke Kick were both great smokes didn't hurt any ;)

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads

Well I will now look for your products based on this response. Very hard to find good customer service these days.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads
Wow Jon, you and your company are a class act. I've yet to try your cigars, but now I'll have to.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Now I'm no expert, but it is obviously cocaine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Yo yo yo... You are surly not an expert. From a mile away, I can tell you it's Crystal meth, actually... Just don't ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

Glad to see this is getting handled. Crowned Heads ftmfw!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
It's obviously just calcified angel tears, because obviously that retailer couldn't do anything wrong....... Sounds like you should never order from them again.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Classy move, Jon.

Too many stories like this. I agree, Craig Mac, that there is a lot of ignorance on the part of retailer CS personnel on this. What I don't understand is why the default answer would ever be to try to argue for plume. Even if that is the case the majority of the time, it doesn't seem to make any sense. Certainly there's a high cost to any returns, but what's the cost to reputation and lost sales when they're wrong. Even from a purely business perspective, I'd bet they'd be better off with a policy of offering some very gentle education and very generous return policy when there's ANY doubt.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
" there is a lot of ignorance on the part of retailer CS personnel on this. What I don't understand is why the default answer would ever be to try to argue for plume. Even if that is the case the majority of the time, it doesn't seem to make any sense...."

The majority of the time.........IT'S MOLD. I have been enjoying cigars for 40 years,and I have seen plume on a stick 5 or 6 times.

Everyone who has actually seen plume here,raise your hand.............

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Question. How long would it take for plume to form? I know it will vary from type of wrapper and conditions. I'm assuming that mold would form faster than plume.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's just a little dandruff from whoever packaged it.

Smear some Selsun Blue or Denorex on them.

Personally I prefer Denorex, makes my lips tingle, tells me it's doing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.