What's new

Pokemon Go

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I saw Pokemon go players for the first time this weekend. The first was a group of 3 boys walking in a light crowd with their phones, and one of them said "hey this is a poke-stop". Nothing I would call mindless or inconsiderate.

The second time was an extraordinarily white trash woman who was too old and too overweight to be wearing not enough clothes in public, holding up the crowd at an amusement park and quietly cursing her phone as she presumably wasn't doing well in the game? Moments later she rushed through the crowd bumping into people, to catch another one. I would have snapped a pic but I was carrying my daughter. Also, it was too gross for the internet.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I'd say that's more of a problem with how those people were raised. A game doesn't tell someone to be inconsiderate, rude and to be a criminal. That's lack of upbringing by their parents.
I agree with you that it's the people and not the game. The game just seems to be bringing a lot of ignorant people out of their trailers 'round these parts. :ROFLMAO:

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
My wife and I went out to Old Town Alexandria, VA last night - we were both amazed at just how many people were walking around playing Pokemon Go. Virtually everywhere we went there were people with their phones out playing the game, including me much to my wife's disappointment lol.

I didn't see anyone walking around aimlessly or not paying attention to where they'll going.

It was also my first time playing the game where there's so much activity. It was interesting to say the least.

I also think all these examples of people doing silly things are the exception rather than the norm.
This has been my experience too! I'm all for it. Darwin awards to some, a bit more exercise for others, dog's getting walked more often and a whole generation enjoying some nostalgia. None of which I see any issue with! Go hard with it I say.

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
Brilliant move by Google and Niantic, aggressive and invasive yes but brilliant no doubt.

https://www.franken.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=3512

Enjoy your game suckers, thats all I have to say about it.

edit: Perfect example -

You just showed Google what the inside of your office looks like, and guess what - they own it now. GG.
Franken is a disgusting putrid puke of a human being. If he was impeached today, it wouldn't be soon enough. Blech.

The world needs much more kindness, forgiveness and service to others.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Franken is a disgusting putrid puke of a human being. If he was impeached today, it wouldn't be soon enough. Blech.

Your post and your signature don't really match up.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I got started but there isn't much around me. If I do keep playing I feel I'll have to go out of my way or just play forever.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Your post and your signature don't really match up.
It would be a kindness and service to others if Franken would be impeached today. Then maybe we could try to forgive him for being a disgusting putrid puke of a human being.

Generally agree that Franken is a turd, though I have no issue with his concerns over privacy here.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I asked my 15 yo nephew if he's into Pokemon GO and he said "Not if I hope to ever get laid". Love that boy!
lol well hate to say it, but your 15 yr old is sadly mistaken about the state of things :/

"Forbes reports that 63 percent of Pokemon Go players are female compared to 37 percent who are male. It was also found that 46 percent of players are between the ages of 18 and 29, and 45 percent of them make over $50,000 per year. This data came from SurveyMonkey and is based on the responses of one million iOS and Android users.
Based on the survey, the average Pokemon Go player is a 25-year-old, college educated white woman making $90,000 a year. Many were surprised to see this, including Niantic CEO John Hanke."

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
lol well hate to say it, but your 15 yr old is sadly mistaken about the state of things :/

"Forbes reports that 63 percent of Pokemon Go players are female compared to 37 percent who are male. It was also found that 46 percent of players are between the ages of 18 and 29, and 45 percent of them make over $50,000 per year. This data came from SurveyMonkey and is based on the responses of one million iOS and Android users.
Based on the survey, the average Pokemon Go player is a 25-year-old, college educated white woman making $90,000 a year. Many were surprised to see this, including Niantic CEO John Hanke."
My girlfriend and I both play, she just so happens to fit the exact statistic Jake mentioned at the end of his post.

God I love having a successful engineer for a girlfriend. Now just gotta make her my wife and figure out how magnetic confined fusion can make me more money lol

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Updated. :D
"Forbes reports that 63 percent of Pokemon Go players are female compared to 37 percent who are male. It was also found that 46 percent of players are between the ages of 18 and 29, and 45 percent of them make over $50,000 per year, and 93% of them are virgins or frigid.. This data came from SurveyMonkey and is based on the responses of one million iOS and Android users.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0

Ummm, you miss quoted Hanke. He actually said he would be surprised IF it were true, not that he was surprised it WAS true. I'd be shocked if it were true too. I was on a college visit/tour with my daughter today. Fat, doughy, white dudes were running around campus in sweat soaked shirts "trying to catch 'em all". I asked my daughter if any of her friends played and all she said was "Ew".