What's new

Pokemon Go

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Ummm, you miss quoted Hanke. He actually said he would be surprised IF it were true, not that he was surprised it WAS true. I'd be shocked if it were true too. I was on a college visit/tour with my daughter today. Fat, doughy, white dudes were running around campus in sweat soaked shirts "trying to catch 'em all". I asked my daughter if any of her friends played and all she said was "Ew".
your daughter and her friends represent the entire female population of the earth that's incredible.

Forbes is a bullshit source anyway though right? not credible at all

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
The story is based off of a Survey Monkey survey. Anonymous, multiple choice questions. If I were a fat, doughy white dude taking a Survey Monkey survey I'd probably lie too.

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
The story is based off of a Survey Monkey survey. Anonymous, multiple choice questions. If I were a fat, doughy white dude taking a Survey Monkey survey I'd probably lie too.
you probably are a fat doughy white dude, i mean how could anyone know?

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Dude, lighten up. It's a game. I quoted my 15 year old nephew. And my 17 year old daughter. I dgaf what you have to write in your diary to feel important, this is an Internet forum. Relax and have a beer, smoke a cigar. And for the record, I'm a fat, doughy white dude who doesn't play Pokemon Go. But I do enjoy making fun of fat, doughy white dudes that do!

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Dude, lighten up. It's a game. I quoted my 15 year old nephew. And my 17 year old daughter. I dgaf what you have to write in your diary to feel important, this is an Internet forum. Relax and have a beer, smoke a cigar. And for the record, I'm a fat, doughy white dude who doesn't play Pokemon Go. But I do enjoy making fun of fat, doughy white dudes that do!
clearly you seem to care greatly since you keep coming back and wont leave it but play it aloof all you like bro

edit: haters aside, i was in chicago for a day last week and that place is fucking drowsee city man. Seriously on popped every 5 seconds i was walking around.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I have no clue what that means.
Icehog, meet drowsee... it's a type of pokemon that doesn't spawn a whole lot in the game so I guess you could call it sort of rare..
Jake was referring to Chicago being full of them. It does happen from time to time certain areas have "nests" where one type will spawn a whole lot more.

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
"pop" just means that they kept showing up. basically it's a replacement for appeared

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Icehog, meet drowsee... it's a type of pokemon that doesn't spawn a whole lot in the game so I guess you could call it sort of rare..
Jake was referring to Chicago being full of them. It does happen from time to time certain areas have "nests" where one type will spawn a whole lot more.
Ah so. Appreciate the explanation! :)

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
This new update is disappointing. The 3 step bug was a nightmare. Now they have made it part of the game. Tracking down mons is really tough now. I had an Alakazam on my radar but couldn't find his for shit. It's all luck now with no skill.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Here's some drama that's happening in my town with a local vet going berserk in a "get off my lawn" moment. This video has gone viral with more than 700,000 views.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3718340/I-m-asking-not-fought-Angry-army-vets-clash-Pokemon-players-DISREPECTING-memorial-site.html .

This issue was brought up at the city council meeting last night and there was no ban recommended. The angry vet in the video has been charged by police based upon his behavior. I understand that there should be a certain decorum in a memorial park however this guys behavior is far worse that the people who were gathered there. My son has played in that area and has told me that he and some of his friends have spoken with the younger players about respecting the monuments and spirit of the park. He also had a couple of very good suggestions for the veterans. 1. Instead of going off on the players, the veterans should use the fact that they are gathering there to educate them about the meaning behind the monuments. 2. The local military recruiters should hang out there as well since they may be able to capitalize on he interest that is generated.

I have a pretty smart son If you ask me

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
wow what a bunch of garbage that is...I can't believe that people are supporting that nutjob and that the town is seriously considering banning people from playing a cell phone game in a public park. "i fought for this country so that we could have freedom! but that doesn't include you being here peacefully looking at your phone!"

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Here's some drama that's happening in my town with a local vet going berserk in a "get off my lawn" moment. This video has gone viral with more than 700,000 views.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3718340/I-m-asking-not-fought-Angry-army-vets-clash-Pokemon-players-DISREPECTING-memorial-site.html .

This issue was brought up at the city council meeting last night and there was no ban recommended. The angry vet in the video has been charged by police based upon his behavior. I understand that there should be a certain decorum in a memorial park however this guys behavior is far worse that the people who were gathered there. My son has played in that area and has told me that he and some of his friends have spoken with the younger players about respecting the monuments and spirit of the park. He also had a couple of very good suggestions for the veterans. 1. Instead of going off on the players, the veterans should use the fact that they are gathering there to educate them about the meaning behind the monuments. 2. The local military recruiters should hang out there as well since they may be able to capitalize on he interest that is generated.

I have a pretty smart son If you ask me
Well, first off, Brians son for President... lol smart kid!

But yeah I have witnessed a similar issue here at the gold coast of Queensland Australia, where a young family of, forgive my ignorance but I was at a distance "Asian" decent, were having fish n chips and had sat down close to the war memorial. Not to take anything away from the vets, because not I nor the kids in this video could ever truly understand what it was like, and if those kids could be transported back for a day to witness what those vets went through on any given day, they probably would have accepted his wishes regardless of his anger that was no doubt "not really about the kids". That is of course assuming he didn't kindly ask them to leave and they said "get bent grandad" and then the film miraculously started. Lol you never know

My father always made sure I was very respectful to ex-service men and woman, tried to explain the full extent of what it was like, we have a long line of service history and I'd imagine his father did the same to him etc and unfortunately that led to me having a very dim view of the world these days (my generation absolutely included in this). I used to think, how can this guy be complaining about this, how can this person be abusing this poor young waiter because something wasn't quite so right about their meal. How can they not sacrifice the "Medium Rareness" of their steak for the greater happiness of everyone at the restaurant, when their grandfather sacrificed whole limbs and didn't complain about it? I know that's a poor example but this mind set pretty much transferred to every situation in my life!

That was until very recently, at a herf, with a man who's seen a thing or two! @Lindseylucc and I had somehow gotten onto the topic after a few too many stones ginger wines, of just how piss weak everyone has become with nonsensical "struggles and whines" of the modern era.

And then Lindsey said something that changed my view on everything forever... They died so you can be a pussy, they sacrificed so you can whinge, and think your problems are the worst ever!

And I thought you are spot on! The freedom to be whatever you want is exactly why they sacrificed, human nature did the rest!

Now when I see first world problems I smile and think good job diggers! haha!

Thanks Lindsey!

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Well, first off, Brians son for President... lol smart kid!

But yeah I have witnessed a similar issue here at the gold coast of Queensland Australia, where a young family of, forgive my ignorance but I was at a distance "Asian" decent, were having fish n chips and had sat down close to the war memorial. Not to take anything away from the vets, because not I nor the kids in this video could ever truly understand what it was like, and if those kids could be transported back for a day to witness what those vets went through on any given day, they probably would have accepted his wishes regardless of his anger that was no doubt "not really about the kids". That is of course assuming he didn't kindly ask them to leave and they said "get bent grandad" and then the film miraculously started. Lol you never know

My father always made sure I was very respectful to ex-service men and woman, tried to explain the full extent of what it was like, we have a long line of service history and I'd imagine his father did the same to him etc and unfortunately that led to me having a very dim view of the world these days (my generation absolutely included in this). I used to think, how can this guy be complaining about this, how can this person be abusing this poor young waiter because something wasn't quite so right about their meal. How can they not sacrifice the "Medium Rareness" of their steak for the greater happiness of everyone at the restaurant, when their grandfather sacrificed whole limbs and didn't complain about it? I know that's a poor example but this mind set pretty much transferred to every situation in my life!

That was until very recently, at a herf, with a man who's seen a thing or two! @Lindseylucc and I had somehow gotten onto the topic after a few too many stones ginger wines, of just how piss weak everyone has become with nonsensical "struggles and whines" of the modern era.

And then Lindsey said something that changed my view on everything forever... They died so you can be a pussy, they sacrificed so you can whinge, and think your problems are the worst ever!

And I thought you are spot on! The freedom to be whatever you want is exactly why they sacrificed, human nature did the rest!

Now when I see first world problems I smile and think good job diggers! haha!

Thanks Lindsey!
Wow that is impressive, I am Canadian we have service men and women here but Military/army/etc. (No disrespect meant by any stretch by etc. in that and I cannot stress this enough I mean ZERO DISRESPECT) is very different from our brothers/sisters to the south but to be 110% honest those of which have served for either side of the boarder have all my respect and appreciation. @The Munt I could not agree more with your statement from @Lindseylucc that is bang on, our ancestors fought for the very right to be whatever we please but that has come at a very sad price, people are disrespectful, ignorant and just plain lazy. That was not the point of freedom but rather a byproduct of having no fear of judgement or prosecution. Personally to me people can be whatever they want, I play Pokemon, I still buy comic books I read them regularly that is the beauty of what they did for us. But to disrespect, deface or just plain lack any remorse for what they went through for us now that is a sad sad day in our history.

I have told myself that I will never let my son be one of those kids who ignores the needs of another, I want him just like myself to assist those who are in need when possible. This isn't for the greater good of mankind, no, this is cause sometimes just a simple "Do you need a hand with that" can go so much further than trying to fight crime or chase people away who are doing wrong. The biggest battle that our time now faces is ourselves needing to bring back a sense of being human, compassionate and caring. All the hate in the world is tainting the very essence of who we are and that is an issue that can be simply stopped by just not fueling the hate and giving someone who passes by you a simple smile and a Hello. Yes, I maybe being naive or Canadian but I am the first to lend a helping hand even if I am turned away that person has the moment of Wow a complete stranger was willing to help...that is a very feeling that can go a very long way.

My apologies for the senseless rant and I hope I didn't break the thread or highjack it to badly.
Cheers,
JM

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Lol bro, what person doesnt know that roaming fees are a thing. Good thing he was carrying the fate of his country on his shoulders cuz u can bet the charges wouldn't have been reduced otherwise.