What's new

Pop or Coke

Pop or Coke

• Total voters
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to say "pop" (grew up in western cleveland, ohio) but given the option, I would have chosen "soda"... ( I guess maybe I picked that up in Texas in The Air Force) I've said 'soda' ever since

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's soda. I'm from California. I remember when I first moved to AZ and I was still in HS. This kid came up to me and I think he was from Chicago or something, had a weird accent. He asked, "Wheya da pah machines at?" I looked at him in confusion and he repeated himself like 3 or 4 times. Finally I made the connection in my brain that "pah"=pop=soda. I pointed him in the right direction and as he ambulated toward the vending machines he mumbled, "Gawd thea's too menny tawds at this school."

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
How about soda???

You don't order say chicken by going can I have a tyson, you say can I have some chicken

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You ask for a Coke out here and you get a Coke. You have to be specific about what kind of soda you want. Only time I ever drink soda is when I'm at a restaurant and then rarely. Nasty stuff.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
its called soda ya weirdos
Ditto.

My family are die hard Dr. Pepper drinkers.

The first time I ever heard it called pop was that Shasta commercial
:sing:
I wanna pop...I wanna Shasta. I want a taste pizazz, all in the great tastes that Shasta has. I wanna pop...Shasta

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Ditto.

My family are die hard Dr. Pepper drinkers.

The first time I ever heard it called pop was that Shasta commercial
Ok, now that is wierd, since you're from the same state as me.

I've heard it called pop all my life. Sometimes soda (they're kind of interchangable, but I hear pop more commonly).

Is there a difference between Northern WA and Southern WA or something?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Why does this subject actually piss me off though? Must be some OCD thing, it actually bothers me.