What's new

Pop or Coke

Pop or Coke

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Lifelong Marylander, we say "what kind of soda do you have?" No one I know from this area uses Pop. Some might just say give me a regular soda or diet soda at a restaurant, knowing they only carry Coke or Pepsi. The word Coke is same as people that say Scotch tape, when they mean 3/4" wide tape. Coke is nothing more than a brand name.

:welcome: Jason. Where is the "Where has Jason been?" thread or did I miss it? Nice to have you back man, hope you are well and that you received my PM's and e-mails expressing concern.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Lifelong Marylander, we say "what kind of soda do you have?" No one I know from this area uses Pop. Some might just say give me a regular soda or diet soda at a restaurant, knowing they only carry Coke or Pepsi. The word Coke is same as people that say Scotch tape, when they mean 3/4" wide tape. Coke is nothing more than a brand name.

:welcome: Jason. Where is the "Where has Jason been?" thread or did I miss it? Nice to have you back man, hope you are well and that you received my PM's and e-mails expressing concern.
Thanks Steve. There was no thread like that, I liked the quiet entrance better. I have been very well my friend. I always appreciated your help with the wine cooler setup. I'm hoping to step up to a cabinet soon. I did get your emails back when I was on a temporary leave of absence. I really appreciate it my BOTL.

Fresh50

Here to Learn and Burn!!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Jason, we have never spoken, but your pics of your Avanti 28btl helped me to get mine. Welcome back and good spending to ya!!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
"Here I'll give ya a quarter and you boys can go on downtown to the corner store for a sodee pop". I can hear it in my head like it was yesterday. :rolling:

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Luckily, my grandparents in Illinois lived four blocks from a small Dr. Pepper bottling location. They still had glass bottle dispensers in the lobby and returns. We made many a trips, to say the least. Can you say: The Real Deal? :yes:

dre

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Séamas;158292 said:
People call drinks that aren't Coca Cola "coke"? I never knew. I thought you were asking if we prefer Coke (Coca Cola) or some other pop. Around here, Coke means Coca Cola, and pop is any sweet carbonated beverage.

I used to be a loyal Coca Cola drinker until they switched to corn syrup instead of sugar in the 80s, like all the others did. I can't stand any of them now. I do buy a sixpack of Mexican Coca Cola now and then, because it still contains sugar (and is in a glass bottle).
what he said.

I love the coca cola in mexico, ya the real sugar makes it taste better but the glass bottle is my favorite part