What's new

Post Embargo Confusion?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Coppertop,

Please don't feel like we are ganging up on you :eyepoke: ...were just having a little fun now. :roundtheh

But seriously, no one means it in a negative connotation.

Coppertop

Hi Ya Fellas
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
wasch_24 said:
Coppertop,

Please don't feel like we are ganging up on you :eyepoke: ...were just having a little fun now. :roundtheh

But seriously, no one means it in a negative connotation.
It doesn't matter if anyone means it in a negative connotation or not. It only matters if it is taken that way. I'm sorry but I find the term offensive.

tobby4 said:
My thoughts about the "ISOM" tag is one that on many other boards that is the only acceptable term for cubans ( Never been on a board like that...and I am a member of quite a few), many places it is not kosher to say cuban or a cigar from cuba or whatever you may... i am sure that there are other reasons behind this but many people frown on the term Cuban becuase in all actuality it is Illegal...
HUH???? Since when is a "WORD" illegal. CUBA CUBA CUBA CUBA CUBA CUBA CUBA CUBA. I'm sorry but saying that a work is illegal is rediculious. How could it be illegal to SAY/TYPE the words Cuba, Cuban, Cuban Cigar???? Please enlighten me. And the embargo makes PRODUCTS from Cuba illegal....not the words Cuba, Cuban or Cuban Cigar....gimmie a break.

As for the kidding with me....hey I can take a joke just like everyone else. And not like anyone gives a shit but I just thought I'd let my thoughts and feeling on the term ISOM known. Anyway I hope you all enjoy smoking your Island tonight....

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
You know what man? One condescending post is one thing, two just pisses me off.
The word Cuba, the words Cuban Cigars are not illegal. However, the products they refer to are. So if people don't want to refer to them directly, that's their business. Not sure what makes it yours. In fact I'd be really curious to know what a Cuban National had to say about YOU feeling offended about the term ISOM.

As to the last paragraph? Sure as hell doesn't sound like you can take a joke. We are all entitled to our opinion and no one here is going to grudge you yours. However, when you post in such a condescending, holier than thou manner, sure has shit you are gonna get called on it. And those are just my thoughts on the matter.

Coppertop

Hi Ya Fellas
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Jwrussell said:
You know what man? One condescending post is one thing, two (HUH???? TWO?? Where did you get 2 from?) pisses me off.
The word Cuba, the words Cuban Cigars are not illegal (according to Tobby4 they are, thats whos post I was refering to....). However, the products they refer to are. So if people don't want to refer to them directly, that's their business. Not sure what makes it yours. In fact I'd be really curious to know what a Cuban National had to say about YOU feeling offended about the term ISOM.(Actually I'd be more interested to see how he/she feels about being refered to as ISOM..instead of CUBA)

As to the last paragraph? Sure as hell doesn't sound like you can take a joke. We are all entitled to our opinion and no one here is going to grudge you yours. However, when you post in such a condescending, holier than thou manner, sure has shit you are gonna get called on it. And those are just my thoughts on the matter.
However I will apologize for the last line......Thats what happens when you type before you think. I will not however apologize for my thoughts and feelings. Night

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Well shit for some crazy reason i thought you would have the freakin common sense to realize i was talkin about the physical not the word... But hell i what was i thinking that you could comprehend what was being said.... "Gimme a break" man just think..

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I find it hard to concieve of terms like ISOM being percieved as offensive to Cubans. Cutesy? Yeah, but so what. On the other hand, if we're going to start worrying about offending people, consider this. I'd bet money that there are quite a few expatriate Cubans who would take DEEP offense at us buying cigars which in one way or another support a repressive regime that is responsible for taking their homes, scattering their families, seizing their business's and denying their freedom. Now that DOES give me pause.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
windowrx said:
I find it hard to concieve of terms like ISOM being percieved as offensive to Cubans. Cutesy? Yeah, but so what. On the other hand, if we're going to start worrying about offending people, consider this. I'd bet money that there are quite a few expatriate Cubans who would take DEEP offense at us buying cigars which in one way or another support a repressive regime that is responsible for taking their homes, scattering their families, seizing their business's and denying their freedom. Now that DOES give me pause.

very good points.. i agree 100 percent but to each their own..

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
(HUH???? TWO?? Where did you get 2 from?)
Sorry, but I found parts of your original post condescending.

(Actually I'd be more interested to see how he/she feels about being refered to as ISOM..instead of CUBA)
Sorry, but I don't get what you mean here. We are talking Cuban Cigars. that's all I've ever seen the term ISOM used for.

Coppertop said:
However I will apologize for the last line......Thats what happens when you type before you think. I will not however apologize for my thoughts and feelings. Night
As I said before, you are more than welcome to your opinion. I take issue with how you made your point. I have no problem with what your opinion is, other than the fact that I happen to disagree. :dunno:

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Good grief.

I smoked a kick ass ISOM cigar tonight and I loved it. Thank god for the resident of the ISOM that rolled it. May you have a long an illustrious career!

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Hambo said:
:eek:fftopic:
Not that I care... I just wanted to use a new smiley
:blob:

i was about to say, i know that this is what you wanted to come of this thread....

An argument about ISOM and somehow how it offends people... somehow it has some racial connection to it, or how some people cannot read and comprehend worth a shit...

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Sorry for the off-topicness.

With Altadis owning such a large part of Habanos, SA I doubt you would see any issues between their NC lables and Habanos, SA lables. They might change packaging somewhat on the NC brands to make the difference all that more obvious, but there shouldn't be much infighting. It's the non-Altadis NC brands that also have corresponding Habanos, SA brands that might cause a stink. Would be interesting to watch, for sure.