What's new

Post your blade(s)?! I am interested in knowing what is everybody's EDC.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Some of y'all carry fancy knives. Makes me have a little blade envy.

I carry a Gerber of unknown model number which replaces the Gerber I carried for ten years before that which I seem to have lost. I probably only paid about twenty bucks for either of them, so they aren't anything special.
www.knifeworks.com

www.bladehq.com

Yes, I am an enabler, and proud of it!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Emerson held a summer lottery for a chance to purchase one of his custom knives at table price, and I was lucky enough to have my name drawn.

Ernest Emerson CQC-10 - This one was originally made for H&K as their official knife. Great ergonomics, very useful blade shape, and I'm a huge fan of the hole opener (a la Spyderco). I owned a production version years ago, but sold it to fund other Emersons. Definitely one I regretted selling, and I'm glad to have gotten another.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got this one a few weeks ago. I ended up selling an Emerson Custom Mini CQC-15 to help score a major, long time want of mine. I first saw pictures of this piece about 4 years ago, it was made for a specific forum knife show. I believe there less than 5 in the world of this variation. Can't believe I was able to get a true grail mine.

Story behind this knife - Ernest Emerson partnered with Les Baer to create a knife/m1911 package. Here's some more info on the story http://www.shootingtimes.com/handguns/handgun_reviews_st_lesbaeremersonknive_201005/

Ernest Emerson CQC-45 - Black coated with walnut handles. This has some major Steel Flame bling on the clip, pivot, and thumb disc; those are fired .45 casings that have been cut/modified to make this happen. Steel Flame does some seriously nice work. This is not one of my carry pieces, it's definitely a show piece for me.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New knife that I had sent off for anodizing just got returned. The handle was originally just a stonewashed titanium.

Gerry McGinnis ProLine "Valve" - This is his "MidTech" knife. Everything was ground/cut/assembled by Gerry. The only thing he didn't do was grind the blade. Acid washed blade. I had this anodized in a blue-copper finish. The clip has the same blue-copper finish, but in a fish scale pattern. Very happy with how it turned out. TiSurvival was the person who added the color.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New knife that I had sent off for anodizing just got returned. The handle was originally just a stonewashed titanium.

Gerry McGinnis ProLine "Valve" - This is his "MidTech" knife. Everything was ground/cut/assembled by Gerry. The only thing he didn't do was grind the blade. Acid washed blade. I had this anodized in a blue-copper finish. The clip has the same blue-copper finish, but in a fish scale pattern. Very happy with how it turned out. TiSurvival was the person who added the color.
Awesome knife! The anodizing looks great

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what I am doing. Just a regular work day, it is a Benchmade 550 (Grip) with custom micarta scales. If it is something more heavy duty as far as work goes, then a Strider GB or a fixed blade, usually a Bark River Bravo-1 or a Blackjack HALO. :)

Life is too short for cheap knives :)

PS - gorgeous Emersons :)

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Depends on what I am doing. Just a regular work day, it is a Benchmade 550 (Grip) with custom micarta scales. If it is something more heavy duty as far as work goes, then a Strider GB or a fixed blade, usually a Bark River Bravo-1 or a Blackjack HALO. :)

Life is too short for cheap knives :)

PS - gorgeous Emersons :)
Did someone say BRKT Bravo 1 ...and 1.5...and Gunny?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good looking family of barkies, definitely my favorite design from them. I have a carbon steel bravo-1 that got rusted up pretty bad after neglecting it for too long on a work rig, but with some scotchbrite, oil, and elbow grease it cleaned up good.