What's new

Post your blade(s)?! I am interested in knowing what is everybody's EDC.

Old Soldier

What's brown and sounds like a bell? DUNG!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My all day every day Benchmade Adamas Auto...
4B07589A-81A5-4DEF-AA07-4679FA6135A9.jpg

And my American Kami/Lacy Szabo designed S-Express (along with my Sig 1911-XO and Surefire LED Defender)..
IMG_8327.JPG
The S-Express is a HOSS of a fighter and currently I know there are less than 40 that DJ Urbanovsky has made. I have about 5 different custom knives/axes/tools that he makes. Not cheap but worth every penny!

Old Soldier

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the money this beast is impossible to beat. Kit Carson design 3.875" blade, smooth open, and rock solid lockup, only something like $35 at Amazon. Some consider this too big for edc but I prefer a larger blade.
@BrewinHooligan you are very right about these knives...good blades, pretty good steel that holds a good edge. For the price they are hard to beat and they lock up as solid as can be. I think I have two different versions of this same design.... The M-16 (which is a smaller blade) although I don't know the sub-model...it's a non serrated blade. And one that I don't know what the hell ever happened to that was the M-21 with standard serrations. If I had the money for every pocket knife I've lost over the years I could buy LOTS of ceegars! I am a knife/firearm nut and I have no idea how many blades I have honestly....from run of the mill to full customs. So glad to see this subforum here!!

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
My all day every day Benchmade Adamas Auto...
View attachment 96114

And my American Kami/Lacy Szabo designed S-Express (along with my Sig 1911-XO and Surefire LED Defender)..
View attachment 96115
The S-Express is a HOSS of a fighter and currently I know there are less than 40 that DJ Urbanovsky has made. I have about 5 different custom knives/axes/tools that he makes. Not cheap but worth every penny!
That S-Express is nice! Time to Google it.

Old Soldier

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That S-Express is nice! Time to Google it.
AmericanKami.com is DJ's site... He stays busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest and usually posts what he has for sale on the "available" page. He had some S-Express' posted the other day that he made mention of on FB.

Old Soldier

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like knives and other stabby type objects with self defense in mind then you'll love the GITFO's he makes! This is my GITFO-S from the first run he ever did. It's concealable and can be wielded in many different ways (like a karambit, almost like a push dagger, semi-knuckleknife, skinner, etc.) It's one of the neatest designs and is sharp as a straight razor.IMG_9445.JPG

Old Soldier

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BrewinHooligan you are very right about these knives...good blades, pretty good steel that holds a good edge. For the price they are hard to beat and they lock up as solid as can be. I think I have two different versions of this same design.... The M-16 (which is a smaller blade) although I don't know the sub-model...it's a non serrated blade. And one that I don't know what the hell ever happened to that was the M-21 with standard serrations. If I had the money for every pocket knife I've lost over the years I could buy LOTS of ceegars! I am a knife/firearm nut and I have no idea how many blades I have honestly....from run of the mill to full customs. So glad to see this subforum here!!
@BrewinHooligan I made an error on the models of those knives! I still have the
M-21-02 and lost the M-16...it was the one with serrations. Came across the M-21 just today and wanted to correct myself. Here's a pic.IMG_9448.JPG

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
@BrewinHooligan I made an error on the models of those knives! I still have the
M-21-02 and lost the M-16...it was the one with serrations. Came across the M-21 just today and wanted to correct myself. Here's a pic.View attachment 96162
Nice! I really like mine with the serrations and will have to grab another without the serrations as well. That blade shape is a real workhorse in my opinion.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It is a crkt. Almost went with spyderco and was up in the air over serrations, but I use and abuse my blades and the serrations make quick work of rope/cord. Amazed at how fast this blade opens un-assisted and its not even close to broken in.
Late on response - but...I am always intrigued by the serration conversation. I find zero value in serrations on most knives. I respect your abuse of blades and serrations, however, I've never been concerned with cutting rope/cord with a quality blade. Personally, I've moved away form serrations because they really serve no purpose for me. I mean zero offense for your desire to have serrations, but I think the versatility of a straight edge covers all bases when the knife is properly selected. Also, serrations cause me headache when considering survival...sharpening...and general use. Again, I'm not a hater...just find less value in serrations. i also abuse my blades...and I'm a believer that staight edges that are well maintained will outlast and outperform any serrated blade on the market- period.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Late on response - but...I am always intrigued by the serration conversation. I find zero value in serrations on most knives. I respect your abuse of blades and serrations, however, I've never been concerned with cutting rope/cord with a quality blade. Personally, I've moved away form serrations because they really serve no purpose for me. I mean zero offense for your desire to have serrations, but I think the versatility of a straight edge covers all bases when the knife is properly selected. Also, serrations cause me headache when considering survival...sharpening...and general use. Again, I'm not a hater...just find less value in serrations. i also abuse my blades...and I'm a believer that staight edges that are well maintained will outlast and outperform any serrated blade on the market- period.
No offense and definitely agree on sharpening and maintenance.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Benchmade 551. Easy open, nice grip, nice edge. Good enough to be a solid, quality item, without being high-end (expensive) enough for me to worry too much about if something happens. Lost my last EDC fishing. One before that I gave to my oldest son, etc, etc.