What's new

Post your blade(s)?! I am interested in knowing what is everybody's EDC.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
How much slop in that cheap SOB? Taiwan?

Stupid Tapatalk
Actually the one I opened is pretty tight. There’s not really any blade wobble, locks open good, blade is centered, & is sharp out of the box. Now, it may loosen up in a year or so & the screws may strip when you try to tighten um idk. Right now it seems just as well made as some Keyshaws, Gerbers, & Bucks of similar style I’ve had. At $2.50 though I don’t really have to worry about beating it up, using it to pry something, breaking the tip off, etc.. Just throw it away & open another one.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ought oh, I haven’t heard anything, what’s up with Benchmade?

Jody
I'm a big gun guy so I took it a bit harder than I'm sure many would, but it came out that they donated to several antigun politicians. Not just in Oregon either but also in other states. This all came out after a video was posted of them chopping up guns for their local PD irked some folks. That then resulted in the lamest non-answer response on their social media, an extremely awkward video statement from Les, and their head of marketing making an idiot of himself on a firearm podcast where he naively advocated for further infringements.
It wasn't pretty.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'm a big gun guy so I took it a bit harder than I'm sure many would, but it came out that they donated to several antigun politicians. Not just in Oregon either but also in other states. This all came out after a video was posted of them chopping up guns for their local PD irked some folks. That then resulted in the lamest non-answer response on their social media, an extremely awkward video statement from Les, and their head of marketing making an idiot of himself on a firearm podcast where he naively advocated for further infringements.
It wasn't pretty.
No shit?! Yeah, I’m a gun guy myself. I own a couple Benchmade auto knives, but if that’s the case I’ll never buy another Benchmade knife and that’s a damn shame because I really like their knives. Same with me for Levi’s blue jeans, I’ve worn them my whole life and wouldn’t wear anything else ever since I was in elementary school, but I won’t buy another pair of them. You would think that Benchmade would have realized that probably the majority of their customers are pro Second Amendment. Dumbasses!

Thanks for the heads up though cause I hadn’t heard about this til now.

Jody

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
It wasn't pretty.
You have any Benchmade you want to unload or are you going to destroy them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
It's far from being "black and white." Dumping all of your Benchmades or citing to Breitbart would be silly. But the internet has never let objectivity get in its way.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
It's far from being "black and white." Dumping all of your Benchmades or citing to Breitbart would be silly. But the internet has never let objectivity get in its way.
You’re right, it is far from being “cut and dry” (semi pun intended). :D I went and read an interview with Matt Elliott (Recoil) and watched the video with Les de Asis. Some parts seem a lot like damage control, and who could blame them for that, but other parts seem sincere. I’ll try and keep a closer eye on what they do in the future before I cut them off (haha..another intended pun).:D I’ll let my “dumbasses” comment stand though for letting this happen in the first place.

Edit: I’m not much of a Breitfart fan and take what they say with a grain of salt. So yeah, it would be silly to base your decision on only what Breitfart is reporting.

Jody

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No shit?! Yeah, I’m a gun guy myself. I own a couple Benchmade auto knives, but if that’s the case I’ll never buy another Benchmade knife and that’s a damn shame because I really like their knives. Same with me for Levi’s blue jeans, I’ve worn them my whole life and wouldn’t wear anything else ever since I was in elementary school, but I won’t buy another pair of them. You would think that Benchmade would have realized that probably the majority of their customers are pro Second Amendment. Dumbasses!

Thanks for the heads up though cause I hadn’t heard about this til now.

Jody
Yeah, no joke. I've been carrying a Benchmade knives since I was in high school. It was definitely a bad move on their part. Over the years, I've easily purchased a couple thousand dollars worth of their knives but never again. It's sad, but I don't want my money ending up used against me.

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Anyone here own a Ravencrest Tactical knife? Drool worthy auto that I want dearly, I just dont have 250 for one lol

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Anyone here own a Ravencrest Tactical knife? Drool worthy auto that I want dearly, I just dont have 250 for one lol
Faster than any auto if you know how to use the Emerson wave on it. That’s the little hook one the back of the blade. If you you apply a little forward motion when you draw, it’s made to snag on your pocket & open the knife as you draw it. Check out the draw at around 1:30 on the vid.

Fox Knives - Oreste Frati SRL 9001502 Karambit Fine Edge Folding Knife, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X3VHZL9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_z-4HCbEF42S4G

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Faster than any auto if you know how to use the Emerson wave on it. That’s the little hook one the back of the blade. If you you apply a little forward motion when you draw, it’s made to snag on your pocket & open the knife as you draw it. Check out the draw at around 1:30 on the vid.

Fox Knives - Oreste Frati SRL 9001502 Karambit Fine Edge Folding Knife, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X3VHZL9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_z-4HCbEF42S4G

That pretty slick, but I can already see myself slicing myself with a karambit, and also I would catch the wrong part and tear the hell out of my pants.