What's new

Post your blade(s)?! I am interested in knowing what is everybody's EDC.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I’m surprised a emt needs a bootknife, my uncles a cop and police chief and he has one but he deals with some pretty ruff people
Trust me, EMTs deal with the same people, & those people aren't always cooperative with them either like drug overdoses, suicidal people, mental patients, drunks that hurt themselves but don't wanna go to the hospital because they don't feel the pain yet, etc.!!!

Last edited:

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’m surprised a emt needs a bootknife, my uncles a cop and police chief and he has one but he deals with some pretty ruff people
Trust me, EMTs deal with the same people, & those people aren't always cooperative with them either like drug overdoses, suicidal people, mental patients, drunks that hurt themselves but don't wanna go to the hospital because they don't feel the pain yet, etc.!!!
@the camaro show what he said, for us it's not the obvious violent calls, those always get the cops on scene, it's the medical one that turn violent I'm prepared for. Get people coming out of seizure that get violent, people with blood sugar can get violent, get called for a "sick person" that ends up being an asshole drunk, or if someone has a head injury they can get violent quick for no reason

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Here kit. Get one of these or something similar. It doesn't get much simpler. Just hold the knife straight up & down as if you were cutting something & pull it along the rods. The rods take care of the angle.
https://www.amazon.com/Lansky-2D2C-Diamond-Ceramic-Four/dp/B008EKY5OA/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1544673009&sr=8-21&keywords=ceramic+knife+sharpener
Yep, this is what I use, very effective and easy to use. Also, sometimes a couple passes on a leather strop is all a blade needs to get it back in shape without removing any metal.

kit_luce

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yep, this is what I use, very effective and easy to use. Also, sometimes a couple passes on a leather strop is all a blade needs to get it back in shape without removing any metal.
I'll have to put it on the list. Currently it is well beyond stropping though, havent taken care like I should

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
@the camaro show what he said, for us it's not the obvious violent calls, those always get the cops on scene, it's the medical one that turn violent I'm prepared for. Get people coming out of seizure that get violent, people with blood sugar can get violent, get called for a "sick person" that ends up being an asshole drunk, or if someone has a head injury they can get violent quick for no reason
Not sure by you though, at least here on Long Island too we get the drug overdosers (heroin and pain meds) that we have to narcan at least once or twice, if were fortunate to revive them. Brace yourself if they wake up. Every OD call I’ve been on, they all want to fight when they get woken up.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

kit_luce

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not sure by you though, at least here on Long Island too we get the drug overdosers (heroin and pain meds) that we have to narcan at least once or twice, if were fortunate to revive them. Brace yourself if they wake up. Every OD call I’ve been on, they all want to fight when they get woken up.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk
Around here if we do the narcan we only titrate it to keep them breathing, we dont wake them up all the way, if pd or fire does it though they slam all of their nasal narcan in, but then we make it their problem if they are assholes, but anymore its take anywhere from the normal 2mg to up to 8mg to bring people around

kit_luce

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Cutting clothing without puncturing skin

Stupid Tapatalk
That's what my shears are for, most use of my knife has been cutting down side curtain airbags and other stuff like that, occasionally I'll cut clothes with the built in seatbelt cutter

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Anyone any good at sharpening? I'm awful at it and I can not get the hang of it to save my life.
Another vote for the sharpener @Yakcraz posted. I've used that one for years and it works well. Do you have a bass pro, cabelas, dicks sporting goods, etc near you? All three of those near me will sharpen a knife for $5, or at least they use to a few years back.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I picked this one up on cyber monday for half off (~$16). It was impressively sharp out of the box but needed a little refinement as the edge was not as clean as it should be. Overall it's a pretty nice budget knife.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20181214_082140.jpg
Atwood tool...
Years ago a friend told me about these awesome pieces of work. Haven't looked in a long time but they friggin sold like hotcakes! I lucked up a few times and ended up w/a few of them& have had one on my key chain ever since.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
864DDB19-7242-482A-B1B7-F6B0D1482FB5.jpeg
Anyone have a key knife?
Not sure if you’re talking about one of the knives that look like a key or just a keychain knife, but I keep this little tool on my key ring. Got it back in March when we flew to NM for training. I wanted something TSA safe that could still cut something if needed. This made it through just fine. It’s came in handy several times since when I’ve ran out quickly & left my pocket knife at home. Haven’t had a need for the wrench part of it, but the blade, bottle opener, & pry/screwdriver work fine.

Last edited: