What's new

Post your blade(s)?! I am interested in knowing what is everybody's EDC.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
How do you guys sharpen your knives? I've seen it done several different ways from wet stone, to gizmos… etc. I'm wondering what you guys do?
I run mine across a steel once a week or so to keep its edge. When I need to actually sharpen it, I toss it in with my kitchen knives and take it to a guy who charges me $2.50 a knife.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
2 SOG twitch xls. Plastic sticker. And a tiny tooth pick. Carried the sogs over 3 years and love them. Guess I'm a little paranoid...... lol

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
http://www.fieldsupply.com/

Not a great knife by any stretch.. but if anyone is looking for a reasonable hunting folder.. field supply has a 2 blade browning option on a 24 hour sale right now... $15 shipped ($11.99 purchase price).. I picked up one to throw in my wifes hunting kit (she isnt ever going to field dress anything.. but.. nice to have another knife around for $15...)...

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
How do you guys sharpen your knives? I've seen it done several different ways from wet stone, to gizmos… etc. I'm wondering what you guys do?
Spyderco Sharpmaker, Lansky Dog Bone, Norton Fine India whetstone, DMT diamond whetstones. For folders(especially with serrated edges), the Sharpmaker is really good.
This makes me sad... my wife bought me a Benchmade or first anniversary and after a hunting trip last year I couldn't find it. Called everybody and no one picked it up so I guess I left it in the field. I felt so bad when I told her I lost it.
Benchmade griptilian is my main EDC. This is when it was nice and new. Now it looks like it's been ran over a couple of times.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Buck Knives Custom Shop 110. Oak scales, nickel silver, S30V blade. Dale Pack Station(cmary4 on eBay) right handed, strong side, forward cant sheath.

I've had this one for a while. The aftermarket sheath is relatively new.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Benchmade griptilian is my main EDC. This is when it was nice and new. Now it looks like it's been ran over a couple of times.

I have that exact same knife, just in the straight edge. It's served me well, but it's a poor rope cutter as a straight blade. You can't beat Benchmade's Axis lock; when it's open, it's a solid blade, but it opens and folds as fast as an auto opener.

All that said, I've been lusting after a legit Sebenza for years, I just can't see spending $500 on a knife. Beside that, if I did, I could NEVER carry it.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
OK here's the gems of the week !!

Bottom up:
Hotrodded Flip "Carnival win" / Blade Stainless China
Flea market / Surgical Steel
Shop Rite parking lot , Newark, NJ / Bailsong Roma
Another Bailsong

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
OK here's the gems of the week !!

Bottom up:
Hotrodded Flip "Carnival win" / Blade Stainless China
Flea market / Surgical Steel
Shop Rite parking lot , Newark, NJ / Bailsong Roma
Another Bailsong
Nice collection. I like balisongs but won't carry one because of my proximity to Chicago. I could forget I had it, go to the city, and get in major shit if caught with it.

So I carry a folding Gerber as my EDC along with a kubotan.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Nice collection. I like balisongs but won't carry one because of my proximity to Chicago. I could forget I had it, go to the city, and get in major shit if caught with it.

So I carry a folding Gerber as my EDC along with a kubotan.
Ahha ! Nice !
Yeah I'm traveling to Jersey for Thanksgiving. They're all sensitive over there. I hear even those screw-on .45 shell key chains are illegal.
Going East, I leave the CCW home , but I travel with knife #2