What's new

Post your blade(s)?! I am interested in knowing what is everybody's EDC.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
So I've been messing around with the new Kershaw for a few hours and have some thoughts:
  • I really like the metal handle as opposed to the glass-reinforced nylon handle that my Gerber has.
  • I do prefer the extra .75" length of the Gerber handle, though.
  • This thing is SHARP!!!
  • This is my first knife with any type of assisted opening and I like it. But it's going to take a while and a lot of practice before I get comfortable drawing it from my pocket and opening it in one smooth motion.
  • The clip has a tighter press on the handle than the Gerber does. The Gerber has about a 1/8" gap between the handle and the clip. So if I am wearing thinner material pants or shorts, it can fall out of my pocket when I sit.
  • With the SpeedSafe assist, I don't like opening with the thumb stud so I am happy that it has the flipper. Because of the speed with which the blade flies open, it will be fully open while my thumb is still moving and I can hit the blade with my thumb. Not sure if that makes sense but by using the flipper (which I feel is a more natural movement anyway), my fingers nor my thumb are never close to the blade's edge
  • I wish it had the back lock instead of the frame lock but I suspect that it's just a matter of getting used to it.
  • Because the blade is longer than 2½" and it has the assisted open mechanism, I have to remember to swap it out with the Gerber whenever I head into the city of Chicago. The rest of Illinois actually has a pretty decent set of knife laws but Chicago itself is fairly strict.
All in all, really happy I bought this and I'll be carrying this as my EDC now and, in another year or two, will pass my Gerber on to my son as his first knife.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the old steel then. AUS-8 I think. The USA made Carpenter steel models came out this year.
Ah good to know thanks. I'm seriously looking at the 4-Max,Swift II, ZT'S and...so many knives, so little money lol

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Some of y'all carry fancy knives. Makes me have a little blade envy.

I carry a Gerber of unknown model number which replaces the Gerber I carried for ten years before that which I seem to have lost. I probably only paid about twenty bucks for either of them, so they aren't anything special.