What's new

Post your college set up!!!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Uh, yeah. I sure don't remember drinking bourbon of THAT quality!!

Pretty nice set up there!

BTW, how is that Evan Williams Single Barrel?

I got it for $23 on sale the other day and for that price there's not another bourbon that can even touch it except maybe Buffalo Trace. I'll be honest and say that I didn't like it over the summer but now on my second bottle and having tried near two dozen bourbons now I can say that it's definitely top notch.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I got it for $23 on sale the other day and for that price there's not another bourbon that can even touch it except maybe Buffalo Trace. I'll be honest and say that I didn't like it over the summer but now on my second bottle and having tried near two dozen bourbons now I can say that it's definitely top notch.
Heh, kids! You want a really good bourbon try Pappy Van Winkle 23 year old. George T. Stagg, while a really nice tasting liquor isn't what a purist would consider bourbon. It was made to appeal to a younger market by adding flavors and spices, making it taste similar to "cognac". Don't get me wrong it's great stuff (I'm looking to replace a bottle myself) and at almost 130 proof kicks ass but it's like how most here feel about flavored cigars.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've got a bottle of the 20 year old and I've heard that's even better than the 23. I mean it's also hard for me paying DOUBLE the price for three more years of age. To each his own [bourbon] I guess:thumbsup:

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I've got a bottle of the 20 year old and I've heard that's even better than the 23. I mean it's also hard for me paying DOUBLE the price for three more years of age. To each his own [bourbon] I guess:thumbsup:
For the record, I don't stock Pappy! I'm content with a good bottle of Maker's Mark. Apologies for the threadjack.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
WTF???

How much money does your parents give to you guys? F**K, when I was in college I lived on Taco Bell, Top Ramen, Ag grade TVP, brown rice, Keystone Light, and Jim Beam.

Jason

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
WTF???

How much money does your parents give to you guys? F**K, when I was in college I lived on Taco Bell, Top Ramen, Ag grade TVP, brown rice, Keystone Light, and Jim Beam.

Jason
lol. That's how i pictured college (I never went away to college... I went to culinary school instead)
I do visit friends at UM most weekends... some of those kids have wayyyy too much money just handed to them. But a good deal do what you did...cheap liquor (splurge once in a while) and lots of Top Ramen, cereal etc...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
WTF???

Jason
I've been thinking the same. My parents gave me some $ but never enough for luxuries like some that I see here. And I'm still dreaming of the day that I can afford them. Oh, well, I guess I could move my family into a tent, hitchhike to work, and have shitloads of rare premium cigars.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
im with jason, i thought college kids were poor. if you go back and look at my humidor it was the cheapest thing i could find, and it works great!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
WTF???

Jason
My tuiton and meal plan are paid for as well as my health insurance but everything else (clothes, extra food, bourbon and cigars) I pay for by working A LOT. Some people spend their money on their tuned up cars, clothes, or whatever. Lately I've been spending mine on stogies and spirits:thumbsup:

Actually, when I think of it I can name plenty of students who smoke weed that spend WAAAY more on that stuff per year than I do on premium bourbon and smokes.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
...Actually, when I think of it I can name plenty of students who smoke weed that spend WAAAY more on that stuff per year than I do on premium bourbon and smokes.
Can't we all? It's actually all about knowing how to spend it. I drink in moderation, thus I can get some stuff that is not quite the cheapest option. But I don't go to clubs. I cut downonthe concerts to spend more bread on cigars,...and so on.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Exactly. I don't go out to bars very often nor restaurants or clubs. It kills me when I seem some of my friends' bar tabs because I'm always thinking that the same $60 could have been spent on a bottle of two of something else...

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Exactly. I don't go out to bars very often nor restaurants or clubs. It kills me when I seem some of my friends' bar tabs because I'm always thinking that the same $60 could have been spent on a bottle of two of something else...
Precisely! I'm not sure how it differs in the U.S., but here, a bottle should yield 32 drinks (3.ish taken out in case there's spill) when considering costs. And the drinks should be priced so that 2-4 drinks pay for the bottle's cost. So; instead of going to a bar and buying 3 drinks (pretty average consumption here), I'd rather buy the bottle and enjoy at home.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
My tuiton and meal plan are paid for as well as my health insurance but everything else (clothes, extra food, bourbon and cigars) I pay for by working A LOT. Some people spend their money on their tuned up cars, clothes, or whatever. Lately I've been spending mine on stogies and spirits:thumbsup:

Actually, when I think of it I can name plenty of students who smoke weed that spend WAAAY more on that stuff per year than I do on premium bourbon and smokes.
I had a small business in college...a taxi service. If they needed a ride, the fee was booze, cash, or sexual services (for women). I once ferried a lady from Ogden, UT to Afton, WY. Over the weekend, I received $500, a small 13 inch TV, gas money, food expenses, booze expenses, and unlimited sex. She wasn't good looking either.:devilhead

Jason