What's new

Post your shave of the day here

KLF

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sometimes I'll do the towel prep if I have enough time. I lather, apply the hot towel for 2min,rinse with hot water and lather again and shave. Makes a real difference but takes time. If you add a drop of glycerin in the lather, it will dramatically upgrade your shave.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Nice! I keep thinking I should try a shave from the guys at Art of Shaving next time I am out there. Not sure why, epecially since we have an AoS here in Chicago near me. Haven't yet, though.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Nice! I keep thinking I should try a shave from the guys at Art of Shaving next time I am out there. Not sure why, epecially since we have an AoS here in Chicago near me. Haven't yet, though.
Man, this spot was the best $40 I spent oit there

Web

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
okay wasn't sure where to post this. I'm a shaving noob. Let me explain, I've been shaving for over 25 years, but never had used a shaving kit, oil, shaving cream, brush etc. I've always just grabbed some shaving gel, whatever razor was available or on sale and called it a day. For Christmas the family bought me a shaving kit. I actually had to Google the benefits of using a shaving brush. (did I mention I was a noob?) All I can say is WOW, a real shave makes a difference!! I keep wondering how it would feel to use a straight razor, but I'm not ready to make that leap. Yeah, I'm still using a Gillette Fusion Power. I imagine some of you are probably cringing right now :)

Anyway, this is a new experience and I'm loving it! Any recomendations on kits, brands, razors, etc? I feel like I just had my first good cigar and want to see what else is out there!

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
okay wasn't sure where to post this. I'm a shaving noob. Let me explain, I've been shaving for over 25 years, but never had used a shaving kit, oil, shaving cream, brush etc. I've always just grabbed some shaving gel, whatever razor was available or on sale and called it a day. For Christmas the family bought me a shaving kit. I actually had to Google the benefits of using a shaving brush. (did I mention I was a noob?) All I can say is WOW, a real shave makes a difference!! I keep wondering how it would feel to use a straight razor, but I'm not ready to make that leap. Yeah, I'm still using a Gillette Fusion Power. I imagine some of you are probably cringing right now :)

Anyway, this is a new experience and I'm loving it! Any recomendations on kits, brands, razors, etc? I feel like I just had my first good cigar and want to see what else is out there!
I used a Merkur 34C as my first Double Edge Safety Razor. It's a good first step from a cartridge razor (like the Gillette Fusion). Merkur 34C, a brush (I have a few, but a decent boar brush is like $10 on Amazon) and some good soap (I love Mitchell's Wool Fat, but there are plenty of good options). I recently moved to straight razor shaving and I'm still getting the hang of it. I don't get as close a shave as I did with my Merkur, but mostly because of I'm afraid of cutting my jugular. There's a great forum called Badger and Blade that has all kinds of info on shaving (it's kind of like BOTL but for razors).

Good luck and make sure you have fun with it.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Razor - For beginner with a safety razor I rec Edwin Jager DE89, blades I like Astra, Persona Red Israeli, feather. Feather come in a yellow package, but there is also a black package and these are ever so slightly less sharp which once you try the yellow you will understand why I like the black as much if not better.

Soaps I am a fan of tallow soaps (something about the animal on animal action), Razorock and Strop Shoppe are two of my favorites. Strop shoppe has tallow, lanolin, cocca butter and shea butter it leaves my face feeling moisturized which is nice in the winter climate.

Brush - Vintage blades LLC is a web site which sells a lot of shaving supplies, they have a house brand brush which in finest hair at $40 rivals other brushes I have that cost considerably more. It is a great value.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Great shave today!

Hot shower with plenty of time with a hot wet cloth on my face and neck

Pre Shave: crown shaving
Razor: 1964 Gillette slim line
Blade : Astra platinum thanks to @sean
Cream: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandlewood
Moisturizer: crown shaving
Aftershave: Crown shaving. This scent is amazing!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was having a really, really hard time getting it together today. Just couldn't find that umph I needed.

Hence - my summertime shave in the hight of winter. Menthol baby lol!!

If that ^^ doesn't wake you up - you're as good as dead :).

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I was having a really, really hard time getting it together today. Just couldn't find that umph I needed.

Hence - my summertime shave in the hight of winter. Menthol baby lol!!

If that ^^ doesn't wake you up - you're as good as dead :).
What's the iced cool water type in the back there

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the iced cool water type in the back there
It's a mentholated shaving cream that "The Shave Den" used to sell (I say used to, because I don't see it there now). You could pick the level of menthol you wanted - I think I maxed out lol. Use the Proraso pre - and then use this stuff... your face will never feel the same :).

I don't use mentholated products often, but when I do... it's pure pleasure :).

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It's a mentholated shaving cream that "The Shave Den" used to sell (I say used to, because I don't see it there now). You could pick the level of menthol you wanted - I think I maxed out lol. Use the Proraso pre - and then use this stuff... your face will never feel the same :).

I don't use mentholated products often, but when I do... it's pure pleasure :).
that sounds pretty amazing!!

KLF

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sometimes my 7 years old wants to shave with me, I give him the Edwin Jagger razor without the blade, and he makes his own lather from a cream in a bowl. Enjoying every minute of it! I know he will remember these moments when he will grow up, me and him shaving together and fooling around with brushes full of lather.