What's new

Post your shave of the day here

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Mitchel's Wool Fat I hear is great, although many have had lather problems with it. I ordered it once from Amazon but had to return it because the sweet ceramic bowl it came in arrived cracked. Also I hear if you have soft water it lathers much easier than if you have hard (which I have)

You can't go wrong with any product from Stirling though. I'm am avid watcher of "Nick Shaves" on YouTube and he loves the stuff.

Haven't tried the Fat as I've heard about the lathering problem. Stirling gets two thumbs up. I absolutely love Ozark Mountain.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Is that a Merkur 34C? I have his fraternal twin brother, the 34G

That black Cavendish soap is looking mighty popping (literally lol, like its 3D). Are you also a pipe smoker?

Yes it is the 34C. The first DE razor I purchased and a personal fave. Sits on my top shelf. The Black Cavendish is one of several samples I purchased from Van Yulay. Love the sent and lathers like a beast. I recommend you get a few samples from Van Yulay. No I'm not a pipe smoker, cigars are expensive enough.

On another note, keep a lookout for the mailman. (y)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes it is the 34C. The first DE razor I purchased and a personal fave. Sits on my top shelf. The Black Cavendish is one of several samples I purchased from Van Yulay. Love the sent and lathers like a beast. I recommend you get a few samples from Van Yulay. No I'm not a pipe smoker, cigars are expensive enough.

On another note, keep a lookout for the mailman. (y)
LOL man you guys at Botl are seriously generous. I will keep both my eyes out for Newman (sorry a huge Seinfeld/Larry David fan). Merkur makes some solid razors for sure. I'll keep Van Yulay in mind and this whole "sample" thing. Sounds like a good and affordable way to really get a feeling for whats out there.

I hear you, a man can only have so many hobbies that his wallet allows. I'm not into Pipes yet but have been researching them lately. I'm a YouTube subscriber of "Stuff & Things", one of the biggest Pipe channels. It looks like a very relaxing hobby and one that I can enjoy doing alone (unlike cigars). I'd imagine though its kinda like our shaving hobby. The pipe is the most expensive tool (like a shave brush) but will last many decades under the right amount of care. The Pipe lighter is like the razor in that you can't only have one. The tobacco is like the soap, affordable (on average $15 a tin). Finally like shaving the online marketplace is booming with endless possibilities and ways to flex the ol wallet.

Thanks Again!!

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Wow, three pass shave today. Haven't had one of those in a long time. This soap lathered like a champ, was slicker than gopher guts on a doorknob, and never dried out. This picture is after the shave, and I probably couldn't gotten five more passes out of this amazing soap. And the smell was perfect and strong! Love this! Thanks again for the tip @UPTOWNSMOKE

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Wow, three pass shave today. Haven't had one of those in a long time. This soap lathered like a champ, was slicker than gopher guts on a doorknob, and never dried out. This picture is after the shave, and I probably couldn't gotten five more passes out of this amazing soap. And the smell was perfect and strong! Love this! Thanks again for the tip @UPTOWNSMOKE
Great looking shave there @VeLoRok. Glad you enjoyed the soap. Stirling offers great quality products at a very affordable price.

"gopher guts on a doorknob," Never heard this one before

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just wanted to give the Brothers on this thread a heads up that i will be posting a long series of Shave Reviews. I was recently bombed by @UPTOWNSMOKE with an exorbitant amount of soaps, creams, blades, and some aftershaves too. When i say exorbitant I mean it, there's like 19 different samples of soaps and creams here. So I figure I'll post a review of each of them, along with what blade I'm using in either of my Merkur's (face and neck specific). I'll also include how the aftershaves feel post shave (there are two of them). This will be quite telling as I will be using 4 different blades that I've never used before. I'm both nervous and excited as I only have had success with my Lab Blue Personna Blades. I bought a blade sampler when I first got into DE Shaving a year ago; out of the 10 various blades, the Personna's were bar none my favorite and the only blades that gave me little to no irritation, and both soft and strong enough to cut through my thick beard. Each soap (or cream) is numbered in the picture and I will reveal which one is which in my review. He was kind enough to include a master list.

Looking forward to this, I hope you guys are too.

PS: I didn't think it was possible for such generosity but he took it to new limits when he included (without me knowing) 3 bonus cigars.........including a CC.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just watched a review video from one of my go-to shave channels (Nick Shaves) and he highly recommended those Perma-Sharp Supers that you included in my sample bomb. I can't wait to use them! Me and Nick have very similar tastes in shaving products and have similar facial patterns. He has sensitive skin as well, and Personna Lab Blues and Merkur 34 are both his favorite. So I make sure I keep up to date with his reviews. In a way he helped turn this daily chore into a great hobby. In his review he raved about these being actually better than the Personna. Thanks for including these btw.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I just watched a review video from one of my go-to shave channels (Nick Shaves) and he highly recommended those Perma-Sharp Supers that you included in my sample bomb. I can't wait to use them! Me and Nick have very similar tastes in shaving products and have similar facial patterns. He has sensitive skin as well, and Personna Lab Blues and Merkur 34 are both his favorite. So I make sure I keep up to date with his reviews. In a way he helped turn this daily chore into a great hobby. In his review he raved about these being actually better than the Personna. Thanks for including these btw.

Cool man. Also check out PaulHFilms on youtube. Love watching this guy.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool man. Also check out PaulHFilms on youtube. Love watching this guy.
I just watched one of his videos (Paul H Films). I recently bought a soap from Soap Commander (Respect) and saw his review of Courage (before you bombed me with all those samples). He has a real aggressive style of shaving. The way he shaves against the grain from neck to his lower lip had me cringing LOL. I can do against the grain with the Personna and my Merkur's; but only at a real slow careful pace.

I think with all the samples you sent me I'll be covered for quite some time, as I shave every 2 or 3 days. I'll probably start reviewing the products soon, as I am on my last Blind No Longer Bourbon re-review and will be looking for something to do lol

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I just watched one of his videos (Paul H Films). I recently bought a soap from Soap Commander (Respect) and saw his review of Courage (before you bombed me with all those samples). He has a real aggressive style of shaving. The way he shaves against the grain from neck to his lower lip had me cringing LOL. I can do against the grain with the Personna and my Merkur's; but only at a real slow careful pace.

I think with all the samples you sent me I'll be covered for quite some time, as I shave every 2 or 3 days. I'll probably start reviewing the products soon, as I am on my last Blind No Longer Bourbon re-review and will be looking for something to do lol

Love PaulH. His face is made of concrete, thats why he can shave like that. Guy makes his videos fun.
Never tried Soap Commander but have read great things about them. I fell in love with Stirling and pretty much stay loyal to them. There are a ton of soaps out there That I would like to try but this hobby can get pretty expensive. I'm gonna try and finish what I have and then just try to get samples from all the soap makers and try them.

Good luck with the review, can't wait.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love PaulH. His face is made of concrete, thats why he can shave like that. Guy makes his videos fun.
Never tried Soap Commander but have read great things about them. I fell in love with Stirling and pretty much stay loyal to them. There are a ton of soaps out there That I would like to try but this hobby can get pretty expensive. I'm gonna try and finish what I have and then just try to get samples from all the soap makers and try them.

Good luck with the review, can't wait.
Awesome!! I hear ya on how many soaps are out there. This hobby is much like Pipes or Cigars; there's so much out there to try it can be overwhelming (in a good way). I never tired Stirling but look forward to it as there are many in that sample bomb you sent me. Reviews to come soon.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tons of shave reviews to follow, very excited to try these 19 soaps & creams. Gonna start out with my lab blues to get a feel for the consistency, then start using the sample blades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk