What's new

Post your shave of the day here

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well, found that bottle of Nivea aftershave and put it to use today. Thanks for helping me remember I had a bottle @UPTOWNSMOKE

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Maggard Razors Synthetic brush
Cream: Captain’s Choice Bay Rum (sample)
Razor: Maggard Razor DE MR-11
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson
Aftershave: Nivea Cooling aftershave balm
Cologne: None

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
After the shower today I whipped up some Barbershop soap from Stirling with my razorock synthetic brush in my crown king scuttle. Used my Colonel conk straight razor (genuine soligen, honed and stropped by yours truly with lapping film and a Tony Miller 3" heirloom strop). Followed up with a razorock and finally Captain's Choice Cat o 9 tails.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Well, found that bottle of Nivea aftershave and put it to use today. Thanks for helping me remember I had a bottle @UPTOWNSMOKE

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Maggard Razors Synthetic brush
Cream: Captain’s Choice Bay Rum (sample)
Razor: Maggard Razor DE MR-11
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson
Aftershave: Nivea Cooling aftershave balm
Cologne: None

Love the Captains Choice Bay Rum

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
After the shower today I whipped up some Barbershop soap from Stirling with my razorock synthetic brush in my crown king scuttle. Used my Colonel conk straight razor (genuine soligen, honed and stropped by yours truly with lapping film and a Tony Miller 3" heirloom strop). Followed up with a razorock and finally Captain's Choice Cat o 9 tails.
Cat o 9 Tails, love it.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Love the Captains Choice Bay Rum
My first try with it, I wasn’t a fan. The smell was intoxicating in the sample jar (see what I did there ) but once in the bowl and lathered, just didn’t come around like I was hoping and expecting. I’m not going to give up on it yet though. But in the meantime, I’ll be searching for other bay rums.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
My first try with it, I wasn’t a fan. The smell was intoxicating in the sample jar (see what I did there ) but once in the bowl and lathered, just didn’t come around like I was hoping and expecting. I’m not going to give up on it yet though. But in the meantime, I’ll be searching for other bay rums.

My first experience with Bay Rum was the same as yours. I thought the smell was for old men. I did not give up on it and love to use it in the fall and winter months. Always in my rotation.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
My first experience with Bay Rum was the same as yours. I thought the smell was for old men. I did not give up on it and love to use it in the fall and winter months. Always in my rotation.
Which brand(s) do you recommend?? I’ve only seen maybe 1 or 2 companies making it unless I’m not googling hard enough??

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Stirling and Captains Choice.

If you are getting into wet shaving I suggest logging onto http://www.maggardrazors.com/. There you can purchase samples of many different soaps and aftershave to try before purchasing a tub that you might end up not liking. You wont be disappointed with Maggards. Let me know if I can be of further help.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Another one I have tried a sample of and liked very much is Dr Jon's Anne Bonny. Great Bay Rum scent. Right up there with Captains Choice and Stirling.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Stirling and Captains Choice.

If you are getting into wet shaving I suggest logging onto http://www.maggardrazors.com/. There you can purchase samples of many different soaps and aftershave to try before purchasing a tub that you might end up not liking. You wont be disappointed with Maggards. Let me know if I can be of further help.
Kelvin @K Williams sent me that care package from them. I already made a 2nd purchase with 2 samples. Another list for yet another order. Damn this is just as bad a slope as pipes and cigars! LOL.
Another one I have tried a sample of and liked very much is Dr Jon's Anne Bonny. Great Bay Rum scent. Right up there with Captains Choice and Stirling.
Awesome thanks! I’ll check them out too!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
@CVAC085 you can have a beard and still wet shave :) I've been wetshaving since 2013 and have had a full beard basically the whole time. You gotta keep that neck clean. an inch or so above your adams apple and down. Makes the shave quick, but you can still get an awesome shave. Beats the hell out of those gillette rakes I used to use.

I went down that slope long ago. I've finally settled on Proraso green for my every other day shave. I love that stuff. Mostly use a 70's Gillette Black Beauty razor, and always feather blades. Sometimes I rock the 50's red tip. I miss my straight razor, been looking into them recently as well. Just need to find a seller that sells them "shave ready". Which is harder than it sounds.

Have fun man, I remember when I first got into it. It's like a whole other subculture. While I was learning, watching dudes shave on YouTube took some getting used to :)

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
@CVAC085 you can have a beard and still wet shave :) I've been wetshaving since 2013 and have had a full beard basically the whole time. You gotta keep that neck clean. an inch or so above your adams apple and down. Makes the shave quick, but you can still get an awesome shave. Beats the hell out of those gillette rakes I used to use.

I went down that slope long ago. I've finally settled on Proraso green for my every other day shave. I love that stuff. Mostly use a 70's Gillette Black Beauty razor, and always feather blades. Sometimes I rock the 50's red tip. I miss my straight razor, been looking into them recently as well. Just need to find a seller that sells them "shave ready". Which is harder than it sounds.

Have fun man, I remember when I first got into it. It's like a whole other subculture. While I was learning, watching dudes shave on YouTube took some getting used to :)
Yeah the part i can't believe I did and still do on occasion is watching videos of other men shave.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0

I’m sporting the “fu man chew” for now until this virus goes away. Beard needed to go for a bit so I can properly wear the N95 masks for work. Good to know I can still do some wet shaving with a beard though. I’m enjoying it but still frustrating with soaps and Getting a proper lather. It’s all trial and error. But watching a few videos last night again I see my errors. I’ll never go back to those expensive crappy throw away blades again.
Yeah the part i can't believe I did and still do on occasion is watching videos of other men shave.
It’s awkward to me too haha! Especially one guy who’s always shirtless in his videos.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0

Razor Emporium and Maggard Razors sell honed, shave ready straight razors.