What's new

Prayer Request Please

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My thoughts and prayers are with her and the rest of the family !!! Be strong for your wife and allow her to express her fears in front of you. This so it won't be infront of her mother.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Thanks again to everyone for your support. It truly means alot.

She goes into the hospital today for a round of chemo. This will last anywhere from 2-3 weeks (the actual treatment is a week, then they have to wait for the numbers to come up). She is set for some time late April or early May for a bone marrow transplant at this time.

The wife's holding up fairly well, but it kills her not to be there when this is going on. She'll be heading out sometime soon though, so that's good. Honestly, the part that is really going to be trying is when we get to the bone marrow transplant. I'll be doing my own research, but if anyone can point me in the direction of some good info on the subject I would appreciate it.

Thanks again everyone.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Quick update. Things are going smoothly so far. She's made it through the actual chemo treatment. Unfortunately, for those of you who don't know, that's kind of the easy part. Over the next couple of weeks is when the ill effects of the chemo really come out. We are all hoping against hope that she doesn't get hit to hard this time...we'll see. Other than that, it's just a waiting game now to see how well this round worked and if it will hold her over till the transplant.

The wife is going up to visit end of the week, so that's good for her.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
'Nother update. Bone marrow test happened the other day and today is when we are supposed to hear the results. Please keep your fingers crossed. If the news is good she'll get to go home soon.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Well folks, I appreciate all the prayers, but if you are willing, I still need them.

The first round did not take. It didn't even touch the Leukemic sells. Have to wait until Monday to find out about the new treatment as the doctor is out of town at a conference. Major downer.

I think while I'm suffering through the 13.1 miles of tomorrow's half marathon that the Big Man and I might be having quite a long discussion. :|

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry to hear that I hope things turn to the possitive on the next step they take I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
We are still here and will still keep her and the rest of you in our prayers. Prayers sent.

If you don't mind, and I understand if you don't want to, what is her first name? Sounds weird saying jwrussels mother in law all the time.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Thanks so much folks. Bro' Viper, her name is Pam.

As an update:
They have decided on a second course of chemo. They were throwing around the option of a new treatment called Mylotarg, but for some reason decided not to go that route as of this time. So another round of different chemo to see if they can knock back them damn Leukemia cells.

The wife and I walked the half marathon yesterday (13.1 miles). I feel like an idiot saying this as I watched all the folks RUNNING the damn thing (let alone the whole marathon), but I feel like I've been hit by a truck! hehehe. For a very worth cause or I wouldn't even have thought about doing it. Together the wife and I raised over $3500 for the L&L Society. As my wife said on the phone to Pam during the walk, we'd do it every day if it would make a direct difference.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers folks. And for the record, though I may not agree with it sometimes, His Will be done. Regardless of the outcome.