What's new

Prayer Request Please

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
UPDATE!

Good news everyone. This second round of Chemo actually worked. Pam is now in remission and waiting for her numbers to come up so she can go HOME! This is wonderful news as she was getting fairly depressed and the toll was starting show on just about everyone in the family. It's been a very rough period for Pam and everyone in her family and now everyone will finaly get a bit of a break. Once her numbers come back up she will be released to go back home. No more poking and proding all day long every day, and I think that is the thing that makes her the happiest at this point! This is only a respite of course, as she'll be going through an even tougher period once they schedule the bone marrow transplant. As I understand it, the chemo she's been through so far is kid stuff compared to what they use for the bone marrow transplant. :(

SO thank you all so very much for all of your prayers, and if it's not too much to ask, please keep her there in the back of your mind as she and all of her family will need all the strength they can muster to make it through the bone marrow transplant.

Thanks again everyone. Truly.

shatfield

Toast? Nope, Burnt!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Great to hear she's making progress. You and your family will definitely still be in my thoughts. Please keep us updated.
My roommate has been going through the same thing over the last several years, she has one of the dreaded cancer-cursed families. Almost like there's something in the water. So, I know how much it means to know people are thinking and praying for you.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Best wishes and prayers...So many of us are going through similar things. My mother has cancer and will have to have surgery and radiation in the next week or so and my best friend's mother just had colon cancer surgery and has had a very optimistic prognosis.
Peace,

Allan

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Allan, I'll keep your mother in my thoughts. I've seen enough cancer in my life to last me, but I figure there will be more. Nothing out there would do this world better than a cure to cancer in general. In the meantime, I'll keep praying.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
*UPDATE*!!!!

I've had this information for like a week now and kept meaning to post it but somehow didn't get around to it.

I need to thank each and every one of you. I struggle with my faith all the time, and it's things like this that keep me moving in the right direction.

As most of you know, My Mother-in-Law is fighting Leukemia. She is in remission right now for the second time and is awaiting her bone marrow transplant to be scheduled. Unfortuantely, none of her siblings were a match so we had to go out to the donor banks. Even when matched with a sibling this is not a slam dunk treatment, so we have to hope for the best match possible from the other donors out there. There are 10 points that they look to match up when matching a donor. Without coming from a sibling, we were hoping the number of matches would be high, but didn't expect anything above 7 or maybe 8.

Well folks. Last week the family got the call that a match had been found and that they were proceeding with further testing. The match? 10 out of 10.

Thank you so very much for all of your thoughts and prayers and please keep us in them! We still have a very long road ahead of us.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Another update for everyone:
The first match fell through about a month ago. I don't know the details as to why, just that it fell through. I haven't posted that, or anything else as I didn't want to perpetuate the roller-coaster ride, but as of last night, we have a confirmed match as well as a tentative date (First half of June). There are still tests that need to be done, and of course things are always up in the air until the last minute, but this seems very solid. Thanks for all of the kind thoughts and your prayers.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Update for all:

Our trip over Memorial Day has been pre-empted. They've got a firm donor and the transplant is set to happen right around the first of June. So she'll be going through Chemo that weekend in preparation.

You all have been incredibly supportive. Thanks for all the prayers, and if you can, say an extra one.