What's new

Premium Cigar Cutters: worth it?

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
$10 cheapy of eBay and a $5 key ring punch keeps me rollin (3yrs ) ... Wanna try a V cutter no reason just coz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a CI Smiley Xicar cutter and it's never done me wrong. I used the cheapies for a long time too and these make the difference.

Never had to sharpen it, just lay it on a table, insert the head and cut. Perfection every time.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Premium cutters are worth their weight in gold. When they tend to start not cutting very well it's because loose tobacco gets embedded inside the cutter...simply drizzle some alcohol on a Q tip...rub it over both blades and then dry cut a piece of paper which helps to resharpen the blades....then use compressed air to dry off the blades and remove the tobacco residue and you're back in business . You can do this with any cutter . ..but if you own a cutter with a lifetime warranty . ...send it back and you might get an upgrade . ..it happens .

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
@Metallifan33 I have an extra Xikar cutter that I can send you. Send me your addy :)
Oh awesome, thanks man! But I'm only providing it to you with the understanding that a return address is on the package... You know, in case I don't like the cutter and have to send it back

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Oh awesome, thanks man! But I'm only providing it to you with the understanding that a return address is on the package... You know, in case I don't like the cutter and have to send it back

I can't promise a return addy, but I can tell you that I won't send you a sfr box with only a cutter in it. lol

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've got to say, I'm just a regular guy on a cigar forum genuinely inquiring as to whether I should upgrade my cutter... And how do I get treated? Like this? Well I'm afraid this is only indicative of the behavior of the so called "BOTLs"... None more so than the lowly character they call @tengel78. Well, I for one sir, can confidentially say that this brash deed shall not go unpunished.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I've got to say, I'm just a regular guy on a cigar forum genuinely inquiring as to whether I should upgrade my cutter... And how do I get treated? Like this? Well I'm afraid this is only indicative of the behavior of the so called "BOTLs"... None more so than the lowly character they call @tengel78. Well, I for one sir, can confidentially say that this brash deed shall not go unpunished.

Glad everything made it safely!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm up to 5 Cutters in the last year and a half. They're all cheap Cutters, and I keep my cigars around 63%... Combine that with the dry AZ climate, and a sub optimal cut will do bad things to a cigar.
My question is, is it worth it to drop some money on a "quality cutter"?
Do you guys sharpen your Cutters? If so, how and how often?
Thanks and happy Thanksgiving.

Have a Palio that I had for years , picked up a Cuban Crafters Perfect Cutter a few months ago for $20! Best I have ever used

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
El cheapo plastic $4 V-cutter available at pretty much any place that sells cigars. It cuts a fine groove, and still leaves the cap attached so the cigar doesn't unravel. If it does exactly what you desire from a $100 cutter, why would you even consider paying more? Especially when you consider that it is just as easy to lose the expensive cutters as the cheap ones. Just not nearly as irritating.
Guess you've been lucky, bought a cheap V cutter from Famous and it lasted about a year before it just fell apart on me. Bought a bunch of the cheap plastic V cutters off ebay and the blades didnt last very long. Much happier with my xikar cutter now.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Been using the same Cuban crafters perfect cut for like 5-7 years now. Never sharpened, and has never failed me.