Votes: 7 4.3%
  • No vote

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
i'm kinda curious to know if our poll is indicative of cigar smokers in general. If you assume that a vote for mccain is an endorsement of republican views, then cigar smokers would be conservative and, generally speaking, traditional people. Traditional meaning they support the idealogies the country was founded on believe those ideals to be morally correct, and would furthermore see the recent debacles concerning interpretation of the constitution to be just that, a debacle.

Of course, those are generalizations made on assumptions...

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
The poll results don't surprise me very much. From my time on cigar boards, I've noticed a definite Conservative slant. I think it just goes with the territory.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I could see that. free thinkers and such.

very well pointed out in this video

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tz10a477qfk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tz10a477qfk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
The poll results don't surprise me very much. From my time on cigar boards, I've noticed a definite Conservative slant. I think it just goes with the territory.
Also, stereotypicaly the conservatives tend to have a bit more $$$$, myself excluded:argh:. Money is a nessesary vehicle for a cigar habit. Not saying you have to have money to smoke cigars, or that you can't have money and be liberal. Just an observation.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Also note that you can be a conservative republican cigar smoker and not have money, assuming white owls count as cigars.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Also note that you can be a liberal with money that doesn't smoke cigars and have friends that are conservative with no money that smoke cigars,but what you can't be is a conservative liberal with no money that smokes cigars and still has friends that don't have cigars but smoke money. :scratchhe

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
My 10 year old daughter is really confused about democrats, republicans, and cigars right now.

The other day she asked me if I was a dominican republican. :assaultri

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Also, stereotypicaly the conservatives tend to have a bit more $$$$, myself excluded:argh:. Money is a nessesary vehicle for a cigar habit. Not saying you have to have money to smoke cigars, or that you can't have money and be liberal. Just an observation.
But as far as this campaign goes, Obama's primary support is coming from 2 groups: the rich and the young. The vast majority of "wealthy" people polled thus far have stated that they're going to vote for Obama. The idea that if someone has money that they are Republican is just not true anymore--though the democrats still push the other side, i.e. "republicans are all rich" idea, because they know many middle-class people don't like that. (of course, republicans say things like "democrats are all hippies", etc.)

Honestly, polls mean very little. In the last several presidential elections, the polls have been pretty off as an indicator of actual voter outcomes (by my recollection, I haven't looked up stats or anything).

That being said, stereotypes are fun sometimes if they are not hateful or used to make judgments. As such, i am not suprised by this poll here on BOTL thus far.

Interestingly, I have to great influences on my getting into cigar smoking: my grandfather and great-uncle. Both of them were/are died-in-the-wool Democrats. I mean the kind of democrat that votes for the guy with a "D" behind his name regardless if issues or beliefs. But they came from that era where the Democratic party really was all about farmers and laborers issues/rights in government, and I personally don't think that's the case anymore. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I agree Dave, "Sterotypicaly" conservatives do have more disposable income, which can be spent on expensive hobbies. Like yachting, cigars, and so on. So if there were a poll on a boating website, it wouldn't surprise me if the overwhelming majority were Republican supporters.

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Same thing if you poll a typical firearms site.

Trying to think of an enthusiasts site that would lean left...
Well, since I'm a newly found Democrat, I'll have to refrain from making some guesses at which sites would lean left. Too many jokes can be attached to that one :pokemyeye

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's pretty cool how there is a correlation with cigar smokers leaning more on the Republican side. I'm going to vote for McCain for president, there is no doubt in my mind.

G.O.P!!!!!!!!!!