What's new

Puff Migrants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I too joined this site during a puff outage, did a noob trade and became a lurker once more. I have alot tied up in puff right now, one pass and a superbowl pool. This is ridiculous I don't even care why just want to tie up loose ends and get contact info for the few I consider brothers there. I also enjoy this taptalk much more than a standard site. Cheers to BOTL for accepting EVERYONE.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm glad that we here at BOTL have the opportunity to welcome you guys from Puff. I hope you find us all welcoming and gracious. Please enjoy your time here. I hope some of you stick around and find roots here. I hope those who choose to leave will think of us fondly and return often. The bigger the family, the better the party!

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I'm glad that we here at BOTL have the opportunity to welcome you guys from Puff. I hope you find us all welcoming and gracious. Please enjoy your time here. I hope some of you stick around and find roots here. I hope those who choose to leave will think of us fondly and return often. The bigger the family, the better the party!
Well Said

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Puff was the first cigar forum I joined. I didn't plan to join any but wound up doing so to avoid the terrible ads! What I didn't realize beforehand was what a great community and brotherhood there is between most, if not ALL, Brothers Of The Leaf!

I really like it here but may be a bit selfish in wanting Puff back... I won the 4th quarter Super Bowl square and the site went down days before!!! :hungover:

No worries, I've been in contact with Josh and he's been a SOLID brother.

Glad to see others making their way here!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Crazy that the site is still down. I have a huge gripe that no emails issuing updates were sent out to members. Its nice to see where the owners and moderators priorities are, or lack there of. Makes me appreciate this site much much much more.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a huge gripe that no emails issuing updates were sent out to members. Its nice to see where the owners and moderators priorities are, or lack there of. Makes me appreciate this site much much much more.
never understood this. Does your neighborhood market email you when they run out of milk or eggs? No, right? You find out when you go to buy some, so why do you guys expect an email from a forum site?

I don't mean to be a D-bag and mean no disrespect but whoopee another site came and went. Wont be the last time.
And what makes you think this site will email all of its 1000+ member to advise of whatever issue they are having?

i skimmed that other site on occasion and will i miss it if it is gone forever? no not really but thats pretty much every other hobby forum that i belong too.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
never understood this. Does your neighborhood market email you when they run out of milk or eggs? No, right? You find out when you go to buy some and then you find out, so why do you guys expect an email from a forum site?

I don't mean to be a D-bag and mean no disrespect but whoopee another site came and went. Wont be the last time.
And what makes you think this site will email all of its 1000+ member to advise of whatever issue they are having?

i skimmed that other site on occasion and will i miss it if it is gone forever? no not really but thats pretty much every other hobby forum that i belong too.
If you pre-paid for those eggs and milk and the store disappeared, would it matter than? Considering their users have tickets, freebies, samplers, ETC that are just on hold, these users can't access the site to attain or cancel their orders, that's a big deal. What's even a bigger deal is that there is no telling when and if Puff will return. The fact that they are leaving their respected members hanging in the balance without as much as a peep, is unprofessional. Communication goes a long way. It may not be a big whoop to you but I assure you it is to those puff members.
Websites much bigger than Puff send out automatic emails to members all the time. It's not like the moderators are there tying an email to each member.

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Unlike BOTL Puff is a profit-driven enterprise, so there's already going to be a big difference in attitude and priorities right there. If they don't make money, they're gone - they're not going to hang around out of love for their brothers and sisters. It does suck not let people know what's going on, even if only on their facebook page - especially after the last two long outages. People have purchases, trades etc. that are in limbo and a lot of guys might just lose out. And I mean sales like boxes of HTFs, so it's no small potatoes. Just sayin.'

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I wasn't a big poster at Puff at all, nor am I a big poster here. I go to forums to learn and talk shop with fellow cigar smokers. If you search here you will find a thread that exposes Jon Caputo for what he is and was. He bought up a bunch forums four or five years ago and tried to consolidate all the users into one massive cigar forum. He obviously wanted to cash in on lucrative advertising dollars, but apparently his idiotic, greedy, stupid, scumbag scam has failed. Obviously advertising dollars dried up and he's broke. Or maybe he got whacked out over gambling debts. Who knows? When you try to exploit something as simple and basic as human goodwill, camaraderie, fraternity, brotherhood, and solidarity, then you shall reap what you sow. I should've just staid here to begin with; but like I said, I went to learn and talk shop. I just figured one forum was as good as another. Obviously, I was mistaken. I didn't get as deeply involved as some others, it looks like. I can only hope that Puff comes back and you are refunded your commitments, etc... Hopefully Caputo does the right thing. But don't expect it. There was always something a little shady about Puff. I can't explain it. The moderators seemed like a tight-knit group that had no real interest in including others. They also seemed to hover around like the frickin' NSA, because they were so worried about losing their precious advertising profitability from vendors. Now it looks like the site is bankrupt. That's why Caputo is so hush-hush. But, then again, I could be wrong--I hope I'm wrong. But I can be really cynical at times. LOL!!!

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I have a huge gripe that no emails issuing updates were sent out to members.
That part was highly unprofessional. The only "explanation" I can think of is that the site went down for the umpteenth time and it served as an ultimatum to finally do something. But seriously, I spoke to an IT friend who said it doesn't take anywhere near a week to move servers. Even if it did, how hard is it to do a quick update to the brotherhood on your facebook page or twitter? So something fishy is obviously going on. The brothers that haven't shown up over here yet will find their way...

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
If you pre-paid for those eggs and milk and the store disappeared, would it matter than? .
I don't know anything about Puff and have never checked out the forum. Did you guys have to pay a membership fee to use it or was it voluntary donations? Just curious, what did that get you, no ads?

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Great thread OP!

I will not lie, I will probably frequent both forums. I have met some very good people on Puff. I however, see myself looking over here more and more. The people are just as nice, but the main reason is the forum is mobile friendly. I only use my phone and man, this forum is worlds ahead of the others.

Now I just need to wait out my time before I get to see the other side of this great place.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't know anything about Puff and have never checked out the forum. Did you guys have to pay a membership fee to use it or was it voluntary donations? Just curious, what did that get you, no ads?
There is no membership at puff. I think what most guys are referring to is trades and purchases.

Great thread OP!

Now I just need to wait out my time before I get to see the other side of this great place.
Good news it's only 30 days, glad to see you over here.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
[
I was upset and felt lost, then remembered they had a Facebook page. I checked it out and they handled it poorly; nothing official by the page, just on the Posts To Page.

I was surprised by the lack of Google ability to answer my questions
What's the facebook page saying? I can't pull it up on my phone.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Seems to me that the "ex-puffers" aren't abandoning anyone. Seems like they're bringing their closest along with them. As far as being filler ehhhh some will stick some will not. The ones that feel it here will stay. The ones that don't won't. That's the way It will all shake out. I welcome any and all and after that nature will do what it do.

If this place is special to you, you will stay no matter where you are from, and those are the people that make this place special.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They made a post a week ago saying that they were moving their servers. For 7 straight days and with no updates beyond that? Methinks they're gone for good, which really sucks for the brothers who had pending business.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Puff/164350356931190
Oh I see it now. That really is weird. No way it takes 7 days to move servers. I joined up there in September, but had been lurking for over a year. I think I saw at least 3 long outages like this. The other weird thing was that they stopped posting stuff to their front page in July, like cigar reviews and whatnot. It sounds to me like someone forgot to pay the bills, my money is on gone for good also.

I was in on a PIF, but was 10th or so on the list. I think Dennis had thrown 40 sticks into the pass too, I really hope he's able to get them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.