What's new

Puff Migrants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I just got a sampler this week from Sean and it was filled with all sorts of goodies that I can't wait to try. Some will have to wait till it gets warmer cause I will not smoke those in the garage because they deserve warm air on the deck this spring.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I too am an immigrant from POOF but felt it in poor taste to discuss the apparent meltdown here on BOTL. I am beginning to feel at home here and want to thank all of the BOTL members for being so welcoming with the deluge of new members. It speaks volumes about it's members.

Now I need to get involved in making a trade. That is a great way to get to know and make new friends.

I would also like to add that many of the transplants that I have seen posting here are some of the cream of the crop from POOF.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found the Brothers here warm and welcoming,as well as find some of the former friends from (there).I dont look at this change as a holdover or temporary.I dont really know my thoughts on what happened or what will become,only that I have been made to feel; at home here and plan to stay.I've been on multiple boards since before the internet,you remember the old local bullitine boards.They came and went just like the weather.Now it is possable to keep up with the friends you've made on many different sites.I look forward to making more friends and Thank BOTL.org for welcoming myself and the others.

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The fb page does say there's no estimated time frame, which leaves a lot of wiggle room. I wouldn't write them off yet...

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here's the latest on Facebook:

Fellow Puffers, It's beginning to look as though our site owner isn't going to be re-launching Puff. While heartbreaking, especially for me, it's completely beyond my control. Instead, we've created an alternative site! Cigarum.com is our new refuge. It will be run with all the familiar stuff we loved at Puff, without much of the stuff we didn't. The biggest thing that will continue is the strong, virtually unique sense of community we fostered there. It will be a place to tie up loose ends; complete unfinished business left dangling by Puff. Contests and other events may be freely posted and there will be no getting fussed at for references to Puff. Please bear with us, as it's going to be very "bare-bones" in the beginning. We launched it in this state, just so we could get something up and running for you to be able to continue your various efforts. Don't worry about posting in the wrong forum for the time being. Heck, there's ONLY one forum for now, LOL! So, we invite you all to join us there and continue the party!

That's from Don DeBusk, who, I am assuming, is the famous Herf n Terf from Puff.com. So there you have it, Caputo destroys yet another cigar community, yet another forum. Like I said, his little marketing scam failed miserably, advertising dollars vanished right along with Puff.com. He did the same thing to that tech forum eight years ago and then moved on to cigar forums where he has now done the same thing. Puff Enterprises, what an f-ing rotten scam run by an f-ing rotten scumbag.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am happy to see that Don is trying to give the members a forum to finish the ongoing trades and passes.I've alot of respect for him,I use his advice continually on storage and such.It will be interesting to see how this new endevor fills out.
Unfortunatly the link doesn't work yet..

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
It is cigarbum not rum. I signed up, but it will take a while before it is great. I am glad I found BOTL to scratch my itch though. So far so good, 28 days until big boy stuff opens up.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Too bad all that info is gone!
I hope the displaced puffers don't feel like BOTL was just a temp place for them. I understand the need for a place to finish business but it's not like anyone here was letting you sleep on the couch for a couple days before you were forced to leave. There's plenty of room. Stay a while. You might like it.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I signed up here not as a replacement site for Puff but as an extra resource to gain friends, knowledge and information. As a noob I have a great desire to learn as much as I can. Sure Puff going down directly brought me to this site but I am glad to have received such a warm welcome on BOTL.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
First of all, welcome all new members.

The thread remained open with the sole intent that other members could find one another. However, we are not as a temporary support forum or a place to slag another forum.
You are more than welcome to stay and we hope you do. In the end, we all share one common passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.