What's new

Purchasing First Home!

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Having bought a new house back in October I can say it is way better than renting. Even with the headaches that come with owning. If something breaks, I can fix it or decide who does and not have the landlord cheap a$$ it. It's also nice to have my payments going towards something. When I was renting I always felt like my rent payment was wasted. Anyway, congrats I hope you enjoy a cigar on your new porch...or inside if your wife lets you do those kind of things!

Dan

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Finally, we closed! Did the deed yesterday, going to be working on it all day today, and the next day, and the next day, and the next! Very excited! :cbig: :applause:

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Update: Well finally, after 7 months of paperwork, paint, tile, and wood floors, we're finally moved in! What a relief. We moved in last weekend and this is my first time on the internet since, because we do not have internet yet. So excited!

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Congratulations, Stroke!

Happy for you and the Mrs, Bro!

If I can lend one piece of advice; If you haven't already, search for a good Home Warranty company in your area and get some level of coverage. I'm having a new AC compressor installed today (with 2 weeks left on my home warranty contract) for the price of the deductible ($35.00). We've been waiting and coping since Tuesday, but in the end, we'll save upwards of $1,800 over having to repair it on our own.

Just a thought, Bro! Enjoy your new home!