What's new

Push-Up Challenge

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
55 consecutive on Sunday, directly into a one minute plank.

I read somewhere rather than just pushups that it should be varied, push one day and some kind of pull (pull-ups or rowing for example) the next. Might look into one of those over-the-doorframe pull-up bars.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
55 consecutive on Sunday, directly into a one minute plank.

I read somewhere rather than just pushups that it should be varied, push one day and some kind of pull (pull-ups or rowing for example) the next. Might look into one of those over-the-doorframe pull-up bars.
Door frame pull up bars are fantastic. Sometimes even to just hang on them and stretch out.
Yeah, in high school and college my dad did pretty much only push-ups, he could do like 250, but it created an odd muscle development and damaged his shoulders since he wasn't balancing it out.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Wussed out over the weekend. Did 40 each day, so wasn't a complete slug... but really didn't make much effort towards 100.

Back at it today.

Yeah, I need to do something. Don't go to the gym much anymore, so if I stick with this and start pumping out hundreds of push-ups every week without doing anything else, it won't be good in the long run.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Gross. But, you’re the one to blame for getting me started on this whole thing.

Door frame pull up bars are fantastic. Sometimes even to just hang on them and stretch out.
Ordered one this morning.

55 again today. I probably should start reps, but I’m just doing them consecutively and getting in the shower.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Increased to 100 pushups today, also added 75 sit-ups and 50-15lb dumbell curls (50L & 50R). I plan to continue increasing reps and adding to the routine. Vacation is in 5 weeks and this thread has for sure motivated me to keep at it!

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Increased to 100 pushups today, also added 75 sit-ups and 50-15lb dumbell curls (50L & 50R). I plan to continue increasing reps and adding to the routine. Vacation is in 5 weeks and this thread has for sure motivated me to keep at it!
Glad to hear it keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk