What's new

Push-Up Challenge

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Btw, you dont get a 6 pack working core. The concept that you can lose fat in a certain part of the body by working that area is fiction. That only comes with total body fitness. Belly fat is the last thing to go, and is accomplished through building muscle throughout the body (which burns more calories) and great diet.
this is a great point. a favorite saying that i hear repeated often is that "six packs are made in the kitchen". the only surefire way you're going to lose that layer of fat, or those spots that you dont like is by fixing your diet. obviously adding exercise on top helps but it isn't the end all be all

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
While I’m thinking of it, does anyone have any good recommendations for an an/core exercise I can do that’s not planking? I was doing that for a while but my lower back started killing me. I was making sure my body was straight not bent, etc.

I don’t want a six pack, I just want to be stronger and have better posture.
Ab work, glute work, yoga. Pull ups. All that core stuff really helps posture and low back pain. Something I'm really Focusing on right now.

Jeff has some great videos on that.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
@akpreacherplayz I stumbled on a similar challenge to this the other day, but thinking about it, it seems like fatigue would lead to burnout over time.
It might be best if going for long term improvement and gains, to go to max every other day, or stay at like 60% of max in reps and sets if doing it every day.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Btw, you dont get a 6 pack working core. The concept that you can lose fat in a certain part of the body by working that area is fiction. That only comes with total body fitness. Belly fat is the last thing to go, and is accomplished through building muscle throughout the body (which burns more calories) and great diet.
I don’t care about losing belly fat or getting a six pack. Like, at all. I don’t have the time or the energy or the mental capacity to even begin to think about the kind of fitness regimen needed for aesthetic fitness.

I work two jobs and have five kids. I just want to feel better, have enough energy to be good to play with my kids, and improve my posture.

I’ve been doing five pull-ups and 25 push-ups a day this week. Actually feeling decent. Thought I was getting sick yesterday because my arms were kinda sore and achy and then I remembered I had been using them the last several days. Lol.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I don’t care about losing belly fat or getting a six pack. Like, at all. I don’t have the time or the energy or the mental capacity to even begin to think about the kind of fitness regimen needed for aesthetic fitness.

I work two jobs and have five kids. I just want to feel better, have enough energy to be good to play with my kids, and improve my posture.

I’ve been doing five pull-ups and 25 push-ups a day this week. Actually feeling decent. Thought I was getting sick yesterday because my arms were kinda sore and achy and then I remembered I had been using them the last several days. Lol.
It takes a lot work to get big ripped and strong. But you can get fit and lean just by cutting carbs and getting some decent physical activity daily and some quick workouts a few times a week.

Great work on what your doing! Add a little core and some stretching / mobility and you'll be feeling good!

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I started these "Warrior Pushups" last week. I can't do the full series straight through yet, but I'm making progress.

I’ve been working these variations into my daily push up routine and they’re killer. That first one where you dip like going under a wire is much tougher than it looks and really hits the shoulders.

Anyway, I just did about 200 push ups in a variety of forms, with short breaks between sets, over a 30 minute period while watching tv. Still can’t do more than 60 at once but I’m getting there.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I’ve been working these variations into my daily push up routine and they’re killer. That first one where you dip like going under a wire is much tougher than it looks and really hits the shoulders.

Anyway, I just did about 200 push ups in a variety of forms, with short breaks between sets, over a 30 minute period while watching tv. Still can’t do more than 60 at once but I’m getting there.
Damn, impressive. I haven't been able to get over 26 consecutive yet. :/

Rating - 100%
19   0   0

We used to call those Chinzo pushups(also called Chinese or Japanese pushups) in Modern Arnis. I could do 25 of those easily then. Now I start feeling the burn after 10. LOL. Regular pushups... I can still do 60 straight... a few days ago I made it to 65(more like forced myself to go more after 60).

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
After 2 rest days I finally broke that 26 consecutive barrier! Last 2 were ugly, but I got to 28!
About 85 total for the morning including wides and diamonds as part of a workout that included rows, Flys, curls, triceps extensions, presses and weighted squats and lunges.