What's new

Question about Esoterica tobacco

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
My local b&m gets some in a couple times a year and the bags usually go for $38. I have only had the peacehaven an would buy 2 bags the next time he gets it in its like it that much.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
What are you looking for.... Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing! Just curious if it's worth the hubbub. I'm just getting into the pipe and love that htf tobacco is some much more affordable then htf cigars. I'm digging the English blends, Vapers, etc, and it seems that's where most Esoterica blends fall. Again, just curious...

Last edited:

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Nothing! Just curious if it's worth the hubbub. I'm just getting into the pipe and love that htf tobacco is some much more affordable then htf cigars. I'm digging the English blends, Vapers, etc, and it seems that's where most Esoteric fall. Again, just curious...
Yeah, for the price of 1 or 2 two good cigars you get a whole tin. Plus, the flavors are so different and varied. I've gone from being a cigar smoker who's bi-curious about pipes to being a pipe smoker who smokes an occasional cigar.

As for Esoterica, I've tried Penzance, Margate, and Stonehaven, and that's my order of preference for them. There are equally good blends out there, though. Other stuff by Germain, Samuel Gawith, and Gawith/Hoggarth especially.

Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Nothing! Just curious if it's worth the hubbub. I'm just getting into the pipe and love that htf tobacco is some much more affordable then htf cigars. I'm digging the English blends, Vapers, etc, and it seems that's where most Esoterica blends fall. Again, just curious...

Well tell you what. Give me your addy and I will send you some samples of it to try. I have gotten very lucky with my Esoterica purchase and have some to share.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Well tell you what. Give me your addy and I will send you some samples of it to try. I have gotten very lucky with my Esoterica purchase and have some to share.

That's what makes this place what it is. Well done Blunk

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Stonehaven and Penzance are the two I've tried. LOVE the Stonehaven. I would hoard it, but it's harder to find than Unicos in 2012.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I signed up to get an email from an online retailer when a particular one came in. Received an email, went to the site, all gone. Couldn't help but laugh...and sign up for the next round of emails.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Jump on smokingpipes.com and sign up for in stock notifications @c.ortiz108 i have picked up a few that way. They often get a big batch in at once so you can pick some up if you are quick, no more expensive than other baccy from there.

I have tried 3 of their blends and I would only buy peacehaven again, keen to try some others though.

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Jump on smokingpipes.com and sign up for in stock notifications @c.ortiz108 i have picked up a few that way. They often get a big batch in at once so you can pick some up if you are quick, no more expensive than other baccy from there.

I have tried 3 of their blends and I would only buy peacehaven again, keen to try some others though.
I got lucky with Balkan Sobranie twice, and King Charles & 1820 (all Germain blends) but never with Esoterica (I got the samples I have in trades/bombs). I keep signed up, though, just in case. You definitely have to be quick. smokingpipes is one of the few retailers that doesn't jack up their prices for htf blends. P&C sells Balkan Sobranie for $25, and it's just over $10 on SP.