What's new

Random Ass. Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I was stationed at Eglin for a year-and-a-half and thought it was just okay. But then, I'm not much of a beach person and most times, I didn't think it was worth fighting traffic and the sea of freaking humanity to get to a decent one during the tourist season. I'm more of a mountain person. But give me the right kind of beach:

Land's End on the Homer Spit - Homer, AK
My fiance's best friend still works at Hurlburt and commutes from Crestview. She hates the traffic, but loves the isolation Crestview offers from the tourist heavy beach area. I just hated there only being one way in and out.
Now *that's* a view and beach!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I was stationed at Eglin for a year-and-a-half and thought it was just okay. But then, I'm not much of a beach person and most times, I didn't think it was worth fighting traffic and the sea of freaking humanity to get to a decent one during the tourist season. I'm more of a mountain person. But give me the right kind of beach:

That's great, but for me there's nothing better than powdery soft white sand, crystal blue water you can see to the bottom, warm sunny weather and that tropical smell on the air. PCB is just where it's at for me. (mainland)

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That's great, but for me there's nothing better than powdery soft white sand, crystal blue water you can see to the bottom, warm sunny weather and that tropical smell on the air. PCB is just where it's at for me. (mainland)
Panama City Beach? Been there, done that. I attended the NCO Academy on Tyndall, then turned around and went back for temp duty.
I like seashores but like I said, I'm just not much of a beach person. I don't tan easily and if I tried to get one on a beach, Greenpeace would come along and try to roll me into the water. Besides, soft sand is a pain the ass to walk on...or get in your ass.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Panama City Beach? Been there, done that. I attended the NCO Academy on Tyndall, then turned around and went back for temp duty.
I like seashores but like I said, I'm just not much of a beach person. I don't tan easily and if I tried to get one on a beach, Greenpeace would come along and try to roll me into the water. Besides, soft sand is a pain the ass to walk on...or get in your ass.
Haha, yeah, that's the difference. I love the sun and swimming. I loved it cause I worked beach service. If I couldn't do something literally on the beach, I probably wouldn't want to live there. The smell, sound of the waves and the sunsets were amazing. And walking in soft sand is an amazing workout. Do it every day and you get in amazing shape without even trying it seems. Well, swimming several times a day probably helps too.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Haha, yeah, that's the difference. I love the sun and swimming. I loved it cause I worked beach service. If I couldn't do something literally on the beach, I probably wouldn't want to live there. The smell, sound of the waves and the sunsets were amazing. And walking in soft sand is an amazing workout. Do it every day and you get in amazing shape without even trying it seems. Well, swimming several times a day probably helps too.
Drinking bourbon and smoking cigars is an amazing workout too!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well then, this may not have been "legal" but nobody said a word to me.
Edit: Lover's Point beach, Pacific Grove, CA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Your in Rural California, it is like two separate States. In the big cities they seem to be stricter than in the rural areas. BTW if you want a real eye opener, read about where you can smoke in Calabassa, CA. Not even in your vehicle, with windows rolled up, a/c running, on a public road. No joke they will ticket you for breaking that law.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/19/us/smoking-ban-takes-effect-indoors-and-out.html

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0

I love Homer, and I agree. I’m a mountain person but the mixture of mountain and sea in Alaska is amazing!

Rating - 100%
41   0   0

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Question, and posting it here, since there are quite a few eyeballs here, and not a lot of eyeballs in the finance section.

Do any of you use Acorns for your investments? If so pros/cons?

Status
Not open for further replies.