What's new

Random Ass. Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I smoke full flavor cigars. I drink fine whisk(e)ys, wines, and beer. I cook good food with pork fat and real-god-damn-butter. All so I can hope that when I die, I choke on something that tastes good. Good health is just a slow, lingering death.
haha, that's funny, but kinda wrong. You can still do all those things and still be fit and healthy. It's not one or the other. The energy and feeling better is so worth some workouts.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
haha, that's funny, but kinda wrong. You can still do all those things and still be fit and healthy. It's not one or the other. The energy and feeling better is so worth some workouts.
I've been hitting the gym multiple days a week since October and it has definitely elevated my mood among other things. So all kidding aside, I make it a point now to play both sides of the card. :)

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Question, and posting it here, since there are quite a few eyeballs here, and not a lot of eyeballs in the finance section.

Do any of you use Acorns for your investments? If so pros/cons?
I do. It's my petty investment. If I try an investment with acorns and it works, I then apply it to my main portfolio.

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Hope you feel better soon Nick! Food poisoning sucks!
Thanks bro, I’m actually at the urgent care center now because I just couldn’t take it anymore and everyone is tellin. Me maybe it’s the flu so getting checked out especially because of our daughter ugh fml for real will keep you all posted not that you care lol

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Thanks bro, I’m actually at the urgent care center now because I just couldn’t take it anymore and everyone is tellin. Me maybe it’s the flu so getting checked out especially because of our daughter ugh fml for real will keep you all posted not that you care lol
Hey, we care man! Hopefully they get you patched up quickly. If it is food poisoning depending the the type they can treat it. If it is the flu I sincerely hope your daughter does not get it. It has been a very bad flu season

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Hey, we care man! Hopefully they get you patched up quickly. If it is food poisoning depending the the type they can treat it. If it is the flu I sincerely hope your daughter does not get it. It has been a very bad flu season
Lol well thanks! Waiting on the results now man, currently have 100.3 fever but yeah my daughter is only 6 months today so I’m not too sure what I’ll have to do if it’s the flu, maybe leave the house for a few days?!?!

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Came back negative for flu, said it’s stomach virus, said its also not food poisoning but he gave me flu meds too just Incase the test was wrong but he’s pretty sure it’s not the flu since a bad stomach bug has been going around so just FML I can’t catch a break lately

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Got this message the other day from our healthcare provider

If you think you may have the flu, please consider getting advice on self-care before heading to an Emergency Department or Ochsner Urgent Care facility.
You could increase your risk of exposure to additional illnesses when the visit may not be needed. Additionally, you may face wait times that are exceptionally long at some facilities that are facing maximum capacity across Ochsner Health System. All hospitals in our region are currently experiencing the same challenges and we regret any inconvenience to our patients.

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Came back negative for flu, said it’s stomach virus, said its also not food poisoning but he gave me flu meds too just Incase the test was wrong but he’s pretty sure it’s not the flu since a bad stomach bug has been going around so just FML I can’t catch a break lately
On the bright side that is a much better diagnosis then the flu or food poisoning, at least with the stomach bug things should improve in 24-48 hours. The Flu is a good 2 weeks at least. Rest and hopefully you’ll feel better quickly.

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Got this message the other day from our healthcare provider

If you think you may have the flu, please consider getting advice on self-care before heading to an Emergency Department or Ochsner Urgent Care facility.
You could increase your risk of exposure to additional illnesses when the visit may not be needed. Additionally, you may face wait times that are exceptionally long at some facilities that are facing maximum capacity across Ochsner Health System. All hospitals in our region are currently experiencing the same challenges and we regret any inconvenience to our patients.
Yeah, from what I’ve heard the flu vaccine is only somewhere around 8% effective this year so lots of people are getting hit hard with it, all over the country.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Yeah, from what I’ve heard the flu vaccine is only somewhere around 8% effective this year so lots of people are getting hit hard with it, all over the country.
Even on a good year it only has around a 14% efficacy rate. :meh: Combine that with the number of people that have 3 days to a week of "symptoms" after getting it, it makes all the commercials urging people to get it so absurdly laughable.

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Even on a good year it only has around a 14% efficacy rate. :meh: Combine that with the number of people that have 3 days to a week of "symptoms" after getting it, it makes all the commercials urging people to get it so absurdly laughable.
I completely agree, I would much rather not get the vaccine at all, but because of some wonderful laws in Colorado I am forced to because I work for a medical provider. When I wasn’t taking the vaccine I was the healthiest I’ve ever been, but now I am always the sickest person in the family and usually am sick more often.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I completely agree, I would much rather not get the vaccine at all, but because of some wonderful laws in Colorado I am forced to because I work for a medical provider. When I wasn’t taking the vaccine I was the healthiest I’ve ever been, but now I am always the sickest person in the family and usually am sick more often.
:meh:
Let's double down on stupidity with legislation...

Status
Not open for further replies.