What's new

Random Ass. Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Wow they force you? I'm with you on being the sickest one in the family. Every year from October - April I am sick, and I have always been vaccinated, but this year (last really) I decided to experiment and I did not get the vaccination.

All the girls at work have had it, my wife, her family, and my stepson, so far *knock on wood* I have not been ill.

I'll probably get sick right on my bday in March lol.
Yep, it’s a terminatable offense if I don’t get the flu shot. Only way out of it is if your are alergic to the vaccine, and then you get to wear a mask whenever you are onsite for 5 months.
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/board-health-rule-influenza-immunization

It’s a total crock of shit. Hopefully your experiment goes well Mick, it has seemed to be better for my family. None of them get the flu shot, and other the the normal crap the kids pickup at school they are pretty healthy. My wife and mother-in-law usually aren’t sick.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yep, it’s a terminatable offense if I don’t get the flu shot. Only way out of it is if your are alergic to the vaccine, and then you get to wear a mask whenever you are onsite for 5 months.

It’s a total crock of shit. Hopefully your experiment goes well Mick, it has seemed to be better for my family. None of them get the flu shot, and other the the normal crap the kids pickup at school they are pretty healthy. My wife and mother-in-law usually aren’t sick.
Damn that's just wrong....thanks, so far, so good.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I believe most nursing homes and extended care facilities require their workers to get immunized for the Flu. If for no other reason if a patient/resident gets sick they can deny culpability by saying all our employees are properly vaccinated. I see more and more facilities asking visitors and contractors to be either vaccinated or wear protective masks during flu season.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I believe most nursing homes and extended care facilities require their workers to get immunized for the Flu. If for no other reason if a patient/resident gets sick they can deny culpability by saying all our employees are properly vaccinated. I see more and more facilities asking visitors and contractors to be either vaccinated or wear protective masks during flu season.
I can understand that about liability, but to go so far as fire someone for not getting it? That just seems too Russia circa 1983.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0

Same here for me working the hospital setting. We either have to get the shot or if not, then mask up for our shifts and pay a certain amount of $$ extra on our insurance. They get pissy too if someone has an allergy to eggs or something in the flu shot. It sucks.

Last week though, we had to go on full diversion because the flu was that bad down in the ER so I was told.....

I’ve been getting the shot since I started in the medical field 11 years ago. 1st time getting it, got the flu. And a few years ago, got it again. Luckily, that’s been it for me so far knock wood.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well I am sick of hearing about people dieting from Flu, wonder how Jonas Salk found the fix for Polio (Vacine), but we can cure or eliminate Flu?

Modern Medicine is failing society. JMHO

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Same here for me working the hospital setting. We either have to get the shot or if not, then mask up for our shifts and pay a certain amount of $$ extra on our insurance. They get pissy too if someone has an allergy to eggs or something in the flu shot. It sucks.

Last week though, we had to go on full diversion because the flu was that bad down in the ER so I was told.....

I’ve been getting the shot since I started in the medical field 11 years ago. 1st time getting it, got the flu. And a few years ago, got it again. Luckily, that’s been it for me so far knock wood.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk
That seems to be a pretty common requirement in the medical field now. I can kind of see the point of it for employees who have contact with patients, but for those of us who don’t? I don’t see that point. I’d also be much more willing to go get it if it was “highly suggested” instead of mandatory. I don’t really agree with terming employees because they fail to put something in their bodies they don’t want or have a religious reason not too.

I personally have an auto immune problem and cutting out the flu shot for a year or two would be something I would like to do to see if it helps, but being paid is more important at the moment.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Study history, and Jonas Salk. The made who made Polio go from the fear ever parent had, to something that is no more. 60 year later medical research can find a way to get rid of other dieases.

Maybe we need more men in medical research like Salk. JMHO.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Polio has basically three strains, the generic term "flu" covers hundred if not thousands of different strains, constantly evolving. Every year epidemiologists take their best guess and develop vaccines for an amalgam of stains they expect to see that year. Often times the flu outguesses them and they select the wrong strains.

Polio is not cured, just controlled. The polio virus may evolve and current vaccines will become ineffective. That is why the WHO is so involved with trying to make sure "all children" are vaccinated.

I think Hopduro was poking fun at the word "dieting" instead of dying. If you get the flu you will definitely be dieting for awhile.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Polio has basically three strains, the generic term "flu" covers hundred if not thousands of different strains, constantly evolving. Every year epidemiologists take their best guess and develop vaccines for an amalgam of stains they expect to see that year. Often times the flu outguesses them and they select the wrong strains.

Polio is not cured, just controlled. The polio virus may evolve and current vaccines will become ineffective. That is why the WHO is so involved with trying to make sure "all children" are vaccinated.

I think Hopduro was poking fun at the word "dieting" instead of dying. If you get the flu you will definitely be dieting for awhile.

Well I was around in the 1950 when Polio was common, Jonas Sake made it disappear in them USA. Kids use to wind up in Iorn Lungs. Good friend was a Polio victim, who live with the after effects all his life.

We call it "modern medicine", but we still have Cancer, that is a word no one want to hear.

I sure wish modern medical research would come up with a vaccine to protect everyone from most common cancers.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I am an older guy, I don't do flu shots. But when I was young I worked in healthcare, was exposed to many nasty thing, so I am hoping my immune system is strong that a flu bug. Yes when we were deal with thing like patients with hepatitis, etc., we protected ourselves.

When we were young we got dirty, played out doors, played in mug, we were not constantly using hand sanitizer, we just were normal kids. Today it seem everyone is germaphobic. So I wonder how strong the younger generation is fight off common germs, because of being germaphobic parents?
I take my son on the bus once a week and have him lick all the seats and handholds to help him build up a strong immune system.

Status
Not open for further replies.