What's new

Random Ass. Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since Chat is tough for those of us who just pop in and out occasionally, I thought it wouldn't hurt to have another random conversation thread.
Should be a good place to blurt whatever assorted thoughts pop to the top of you nuts minds.
BTW, I'm a newbie. I noticed people seem to smoke while doing other things like golf, mowing the grass, walking the dog, etc. When I try this I'm constantly distracted and relighting, dropping the cigar, on and on. I have to be totally focused and uninterrupted to really enjoy the cigar. Anyone else have this issue or is it something that comes with time?

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
BTW, I'm a newbie. I noticed people seem to smoke while doing other things like golf, mowing the grass, walking the dog, etc. When I try this I'm constantly distracted and relighting, dropping the cigar, on and on. I have to be totally focused and uninterrupted to really enjoy the cigar. Anyone else have this issue or is it something that comes with time?
It seems that like most other things, cigar coordination improves with practice. Rests help, and relights will occasionally be needed.
Generally people don't burn their best sticks when they can't focus in them.
I'm getting better with it, but I've yet to master burning a stick while push mowing... ;)

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
It seems that like most other things, cigar coordination improves with practice. Rests help, and relights will occasionally be needed.
I'm getting better with it, but I've yet to master burning a stick while push mowing... ;)
Dude I'm with ya, tried smoking and push mowing, ended up choking, and dropping the stick, then burning myself.......wife couldn't stop laughing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL...or a zero turn!

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Smoking while mowing used to be one of the only times I’d get to smoke a few years ago, so I learned really quickly how to smoke while pushing the mower. Granted I really didn’t smoke any great cigars, but sometimes it’s just about the process and relaxing.
I find myself smoking at the range a lot, usually in between times on the line. It may require cutting and relighting 2-3 times but again, it’s a relaxing process so.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smoking while mowing used to be one of the only times I’d get to smoke a few years ago, so I learned really quickly how to smoke while pushing the mower. Granted I really didn’t smoke any great cigars, but sometimes it’s just about the process and relaxing.
I find myself smoking at the range a lot, usually in between times on the line. It may require cutting and relighting 2-3 times but again, it’s a relaxing process so.
Same here. I retired 2 years ago and haven't had a day off yet! Unbelievably, I can't find 60-90 minutes to sit down. I'd like to master the art of smoking while working but, it's tough. Especially since I like to drink something, too,, be it bourbon, beer or water. That takes up both hands. Maybe I'll get one of those hats that holds a can of beer connected t

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Same here. I retired 2 years ago and haven't had a day off yet! Unbelievably, I can't find 60-90 minutes to sit down. I'd like to master the art of smoking while working but, it's tough. Especially since I like to drink something, too,, be it bourbon, beer or water. That takes up both hands. Maybe I'll get one of those hats that holds a can of beer connected t
I could use that around the house too, would make things easier sometimes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.