What's new

Rasshat reviews A, B, C going out

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
hahaha thats a great reply ZaneG, sounds like you want to sign up for round 2:)

The Rasshat C is actually the Illusione Fuma D'Amour Robusto. Looks like SBC sold out recently...whomp, whomp, whomp!!!

I will add my Fuma D'Amour review when i get the time for it, but i want to say to everybody thanks for playing!

This has been a lot more fun than i anticipated and the pace we kept was pretty great! Well done by the 4 blind mice. Great reviews, good honesty with the good and bad, and most importantly I'm glad you guys enjoyed the sticks for the most part. Until next time boys!!!
Damn dude. That was the first time I've had anything illusione, and it was a fuckin blind review at that! Tells me everything I need to know about Illusione with no bias whatsoever. Awesome! Thanks, Ryan.
perfect! I really like the sticks ive had from them. Need to try more for sure, have a few different ones in my humi from brothers that i haven't tried yet. This one sounds like it might be different from the main lines so looking forward to the experience.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Rasshat blind review "D"

Corona/pig tail cap

This stick is a beautiful specimen. It seems well constructed and the thing has a serious amount of tooth going on. The wrapper is a cocoa powder brown and looks good and stuffed with tobacco like a turkey on thanksgiving day.

Perlite draw has perfect resistance, I know this stick is going to smoke nice and easy. I'm getting aged cedar/tobaccos.

Had me a spaghetti bake about 30 mins ago, so I'm ready for anything this cigar might throw at me. Lets burn some dried leaves shall we?

Oh and I'm listening to some blues instrumentals...love some good soulful music to accompany me and my friend Stogie.

Draw is spot on as I thought it would be. This stick is leaving some nice spice on my lips...like the light smoldering you feel about 30 minutes after earing a 'peno. The smoke is dark and meaty, with a good amount of spice to the retro.

I'm at the one inch mark, which I look at like preseason football; it doesn't mean much but gives you a basic idea of what might or might not come in its future...anyone can be a star! Lol (Nice white ash with gradients of grey/solid burn line)

The smoke bites on the retro like an earthy root beer mixed with hints of dark roast coffee underneath. Some light pepper lays on the tongue and there is a sweetness that's trying to get a foothold but is not quite there. Strength is medium with full dark and gritty flavors. You can pull smoke easily from this stick, like singles from between a stripper's bikini strings.

The second third carries the same profile through from the first...I get that faint presence of sweetness on the puffs where the spice wanes. A touch of richness is building. This stogie is like a street fighter, it's got grit and spit but won't win you any real prize money. This is an AJ Fernandez Pinelero Maduro. Getting to the end of the second, there's an up tick in strength.

The retro lifts the hair straight off your head. Then it dies back revealing dark roasted coffee and earth with just a sprinkle of sugar...it would compliment it so well if there was just a bit more. The creaminess is building slightly. It's a' spicy meat'a'ball! Getting into the nitty gritty of this SOB and I'll tell ya, I like what it's got to say in the final third. The flavors don't change but the richness that has built up helps to round out the profile.

I like how this cigar finished. It's zesty, gritty, biting and packs a little bit of punch. I think it could use just a touch more sweetness to tame it just a bit but all in all, it's a pretty good little smoke. The profile is consistent, it draws perfect, burns razor and has enough strength to warm your tummy, while relaxing your mind....but it speed bags your senses at the same time.

Score: 89/100

Smoke time: 1hr 10mins

Thanks Ryan!

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Rasshat blind review "D"

I like how this cigar finished. It's zesty, gritty, biting and packs a little bit of punch. I think it could use just a touch more sweetness to tame it just a bit but all in all, it's a pretty good little smoke. The profile is consistent, it draws perfect, burns razor and has enough strength to warm your tummy, while relaxing your mind....but it speed bags your senses at the same time.

Thanks Ryan!
Nice review Dave. Not the pinolero, actually the Caldwell Murcias Corona from the junior varsity line. My opinion is it's one of the best budget smokes. Can get a 10ct box for under $35 shipped!

I really enjoy this one. Builds and burns nicely. Was a pleasant surprise :)

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Rasshat blind review "D"

Thanks Ryan!
Nice review Dave. Not the pinolero, actually the Caldwell Murcias Corona from the junior varsity line. My opinion is it's one of the best budget smokes. Can get a 10ct box for under $35 shipped!

I really enjoy this one. Builds and burns nicely. Was a pleasant surprise :)
Wow, I thought I had this one nailed lol. Very cool. I'll def be looking into the as an every day rotation.

Thanks for the comments guys. If you ever have any critiques of my reviews, please let me know. I want to continue to grow in my writing and review style. So please if you've Got any feedback, positive or negative, I'm all ears.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Rasshat Blind "F"

Corona

Another delightful stick to look at. This stick is more mottled and has a smooth sheen to it than the last blind stick but it's got the same pigtail! Ryan's trying to fuck with me.

This stick has Cuban flavors to me. Right from the start...what are Cuban flavors you ask....well, let's see if I can describe what they're to me. It's a unique sweetness that mixes with grass and hay, creaminess that mixes with spice....in a way that only comes together in Cubans..although I've had a few cubanesque NC's before.

After the first inch, the sweetness takes over and dominates the profile. Mixing into the pool of flavors is some wood and nutty notes. The Cuban presence came and went in the blink of an eye...crazy. The smoke is very smooth, it lets you draw in deeply and finish with a full powered retro.

You can see the oil glisten on the edge of the wrapper where the burn line meets the ash. I'm getting a bit of orange rind coming out of the background. Earth mixes in with the creaminess and the spice through the retro just picked up from none to shotgun in the matter of a puff.. Very cool. It's the transition from the first to second taking place. The smoke smells soft like a warm hearty bread from the oven. The sweetness has fallen way back to almost non existent. The strength is low end medium with med/full flavors. A very nice smoke to start my day off with. Listening to some Trans Syberian Orchestra, well "Christmas canon radio" on Pandora...lol

I was supposed to be hanging out with my younger sister. She came over bit left with my Mom to the hospital to get checked out. She got a flu shot and has been experiencing numbness in her foot and she said before she came over that it had gone to her lower back and then when she was here, she was trying to shake it off and see if it was just anxiety (runs in the family lol) but she said she now felt it in her other lower leg, so they went in to find out what the deal is. Supposedly the flu shot can cause some people's immune systems to attack the nervous system and do serious nerve damage..so she is not taking any chances. Keep her in your thoughts as you read this guys.

Back to the smoke, as the nutcracker comes on Pandora, I relight the stick.. Went out from typing the last paragraph. The smoke is very creamy and spicy now. Like nutmeg in eggnog... If that eggnog was mixed with earthy wood notes and tobacco lol. I still get some of that orange rind bitter sweetness in the background. The thing is smoking and burning like a professional. The strength has built up to a solid medium. The flavors lay dense on the tongue. Definitely a spicy/piney nutmeg that goes to town on the sinuses. Getting into the end of the second, the wrapper does not want to burn as fast as the filler. Requires a touch up. The creaminess from time to time mixes with the orange rind to give you the joyfulness of an orange creme. That is when the spice doesn't come in and tell them to get back in the corner and be quiet.

The strength is still building into the final third. The wrapper/filler burn rate has evened out nicely. The nuttiness popped back in for a hello how are ya. I think the N in a stick affects me more when I do a review due to holding the smoke in my mouth for a much longer time. It seems to take sticks that I'd give a mild/med or med/full and turned them into med/med-full to outright full strength, respectively. I just got one burst off cocao and coffee grounds....C'MON MAN why you no stick around longer!? Now I can still detect a bit of bitter cocao in the background like 90% dark chocolate but without the buttery fat (if you are into dark chocolate and know what I mean. The darker a chocolate gets, the less sugar is present and the higher the fat content gets to balance out the chocolate.)

I had to torch the end again to get it smoking right but I think that is due a little to my typing and inconsistent draws. The orange goes from a hard candy to a creme as the creaminess rises and falls with the nutmeg spice. The dark cacao comes and goes in toto the nub.. It's a great flavor. There a lot of flavors that pop in and out on this stick. The strength is perfect for my likings as well. The cigar stays cool down to the nub.

Score: 89 (would have been 90 if the burn was better)

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Haha

I will confirm which one this is when I get home but F is also from the JV line Caldwells. I'm 90% sure it's Sevillana and not Gibraltar :)

Glad you like these two great budget smokes. They're meant to be like the main lines but less refined therefore less expensive. But still really good