What's new

Rasshat reviews A, B, C going out

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Sorry to hod up the works. Hectic mornign around the office today but I'll be firing up "C" in a couple of hours.
Stop acting like you work, Sal.
Yeah, botls don't work;)
Yeah!!! I woke up at 0400 so I could do a review. Where is your dedication Sal?
There's a 4 in the AM too?! If I tried that I'd probably burn the house down. Lighting "c" up now. Review in a bit.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
The Setup: Back in the Garage today with a clean pallet to round out the series.

The Stick: Classic Robusto. I'd say 50-52 x 5 Triple capped. Nice smooth wrapper. Slight sheen but not oily to the touch. Minimal veining. Even, medium brown color. CT perhaps? Slight give to a pinch, feels nice and evenly rolled. I'm getting Cocoa on a cold sniff. Woody from the foot.

View attachment 45881

The Light: Sticking with the Double-V for consistency with my first two reviews. Cold draw is nice and full, no signs of tightness. Woody taste, slight tinge of leather on the toast. Lights quick and evenly with a soft flame.

IMG_4186.jpg

1st Third: Full flavor right off the first draw. Strong but smooth, not an ass kicker. Very nutty flavor with a cocoa undertones. Bad way to start around halloween, Gonna have to go pick some Reese's cups out of the candy bucket when I get back inside… Where was I? Oh right, burning nice and straight. Tight dense ash, very light great, almost white. Very thick white smoke. Smooth mouth feel… Heavy and lingering in the air. Nuttiness continuing through the fist 3rd, with some leather coming out towards the end. Very nice smooth flavor.

2nd Third: getting a little spicy and citrusy, almost sweet. Nuttiness giving way to the leather and woodiness. Cedar coming out in the smoke aroma. Ash is very tight and held on way into the 2nd third before hitting my lap.
IMG_4189.jpgIMG_4190.jpg

Spice is getting stronger and getting some pepper in the back of the throat as it moves toward the end of the third. Smoking well, no burn or draw problems at all.

Last Third: Strong hit of cedar and leather. Sweetness gone. Woody and spicy to the end. Flavor stayed full and strong all the way to the nub. Smoke stayed thick and abundant all the way through. Very well built stick. Ash held on tight, only two ashes + the nub on this one. Tried to knock off the final ash after my last draw just to feel it and had to real whack it on the ash try to get it to budge, it was holding on tight.
IMG_4191.jpgIMG_4194.jpg

Another dart on the wall guess on this one, going with something I don't see much much about on BOTL, Nat Sherman Epoca

Big thanks to Rasshat for throwing down the gauntlet on this one! Was a blast both doing the review sand comparing against other Brothers this past week!

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
hahaha thats a great reply ZaneG, sounds like you want to sign up for round 2:)

The Rasshat C is actually the Illusione Fuma D'Amour Robusto. Looks like SBC sold out recently...whomp, whomp, whomp!!!

I will add my Fuma D'Amour review when i get the time for it, but i want to say to everybody thanks for playing!

This has been a lot more fun than i anticipated and the pace we kept was pretty great! Well done by the 4 blind mice. Great reviews, good honesty with the good and bad, and most importantly I'm glad you guys enjoyed the sticks for the most part. Until next time boys!!!

Stogie_Bear

Chulo Savage
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
hahaha thats a great reply ZaneG, sounds like you want to sign up for round 2:)

The Rasshat C is actually the Illusione Fuma D'Amour Robusto. Looks like SBC sold out recently...whomp, whomp, whomp!!!

I will add my Fuma D'Amour review when i get the time for it, but i want to say to everybody thanks for playing!

This has been a lot more fun than i anticipated and the pace we kept was pretty great! Well done by the 4 blind mice. Great reviews, good honesty with the good and bad, and most importantly I'm glad you guys enjoyed the sticks for the most part. Until next time boys!!!
Damn dude. That was the first time I've had anything illusione, and it was a fuckin blind review at that! Tells me everything I need to know about Illusione with no bias whatsoever. Awesome! Thanks, Ryan.