What's new

Rasshat reviews A, B, C going out

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Haha

I will confirm which one this is when I get home but F is also from the JV line Caldwells. I'm 90% sure it's Sevillana and not Gibraltar :)

Glad you like these two great budget smokes. They're are meant to be like the main lines but less refined therefore less expensive. But still really good
Ha, I knew it but I didn't say anything because I haven't guessed right yet. I mean, the tails gave it away but I've obviously been completely wrong before.

Other than the construction, these smokes are day and night. Well, I'd also say that they have almost identical N strength.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Haha

I will confirm which one this is when I get home but F is also from the JV line Caldwells. I'm 90% sure it's Sevillana and not Gibraltar :)

Glad you like these two great budget smokes. They're are meant to be like the main lines but less refined therefore less expensive. But still really good
Ha, I knew it but I didn't say anything because I haven't guessed right yet. I mean, the tails gave it away but I've obviously been completely wrong before.

Other than the construction, these smokes are day and night. Well, I'd also say that they have almost identical N strength.
This is my favorite budget smoke of 2014.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Rasshat round "E"

Box pressed petite corona?

The wrapper is as smooth as a baby's ass...a leathery baby's ass that is. The color of the wrapper reminds me of grilled steak...lol that's a first.

The smoke is sweet smelling. Draw is perfect. Wow, if first draws could speak..this one would be an exotic foreign language that I don't understand but would agree with everything she was saying.

This stick is meaty, dark, peppery, leathery and bold. This cigar beats up Connecticut wrapped cigars for fun in dark alleys. The profile is starting to smooth it's rough edges a bit, after the first inch. The pepper blast has subsided to reveal a heavy sweetness that rolls out like a carpet across the tongue, following the retro. The tooth on this stick is hidden in the press but there's actually a good amount that you can see sprinkled along the ash. I'm getting full flavors and medium in strength.

Sweet, leather filled earth...sweet like a tangerine...almost acidic on the finish..sharp and dry like an aged cheddar. The burn line is razors and there's plenty of gritty smoke to be had. I try to tap the ash off at an inch but it's not coming... And I'm giving it a hard tap. It'll probably fall off and make a mess in about 30 seconds. The profile is familiar but unique in its own way. Spice lights up my nasal cavity like the Fourth of July as I get into the second third.

I forgot my music dammit....PAUSE... Ok, much better. Went with some "In This Moment" I may change my "edu'macate rasshat" contest entry to this....the second third brings a creaminess to the profile along with a nuttiness that is trying to be heard. That peppered burn out the retro is intense. (I retro every puff on every cigar.) the profile hasn't changed much but the strength can be felt like a hammer to the thumb...pretty powerful but I like it that way. Strong cigars give me heartburn sometimes...lol, thought I'd just share that with ya'll.. Although it's not overpowering by any means but you'll want to have eaten to enjoy this smoke.

How about a little Skee-Lo "I wish" bringing it way back Rass. I've been all over the place with my music selection this morning. Back to my trusty Blues. Not much to say that hasn't been said for this smoke as I'm reaching the beginning of the end. If you take in a decent draw and decide to retro it, it will light your ass up...so it's got that going for it lol. There is no wow factor in this cigar. It's biggest talking points are the killer spice through the retro and its strength. The flavor profile builds in creaminess through the finish. This blend isn't bad but it is one dimensional. I'd smoke another but wouldn't add it to my regular rotation. If you want a strong, super meaty, gritty smoke then this will fill that spot. The construction and burn are flawless though. It finishes with a nice creaminess that compliments the sweet leathery earth and spice. Cool to the nub. In another mood, at another time, in a different situation I could see myself rating this cigar higher. I got a blast of woody cedar on the last puff that was a nice way to finish this stick.

Smoke time: 1hr 15mins

Score: 87/100

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Nice review Dave. Definitely an interesting opinion considering the price point. Price isn't everything :)

E is a padron 85 year maduro, $20+ stick getting an 87 lol

And I've been listening to MGMT for three days. Infectious and awesome!

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
E
Nice review Dave. Definitely an interesting opinion considering the price point. Price isn't everything :)

Well shit, figures. Like I said, another time, another mood. Might have been better as an after dinner smoke. Thank you for the opportunity to smoke it...you're too much Chefy.

MGMT? I'm tired and can't desipher

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
E

Well shit, figures. Like I said, another time, another mood. Might have been better as an after dinner smoke. Thank you for the opportunity to smoke it...you're too much Chefy.

MGMT? I'm tired and can't desipher
I haven't forgot, will smoke after I run out of Mason Dixon north lol

Jk, need to be solo when I do the reviews so one I get the chance

And MGMT is the name of the group. Their album Oracular Spectacular is tits

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Haha

This is my favorite budget smoke of 2014.
F was actually Gibraltar...:)