What's new

Rasshat reviews A, B, C going out

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I should have made my final guess while smoking the stick....lol
Lol it was Ron Mexico. Spoiler alert
Psh...damn Ron Mexico got it going on then!
You were wishing

Now put up a guess or I'm going to default you to "winning" a prize :)
Sonofa...what you've got some Hesitant Pirates you're trying to unload?

I've been contemplating this whole time.. I'll post, don't you worry your little heart.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I should have made my final guess while smoking the stick....lol
Lol it was Ron Mexico. Spoiler alert
Psh...damn Ron Mexico got it going on then!
You were wishing

Now put up a guess or I'm going to default you to "winning" a prize :)
Sonofa...what you've got some Hesitant Pirates you're trying to unload?

I've been contemplating this whole time.. I'll post, don't you worry your little heart.
Quit trying to Google it

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Ok, my first blind review, so here goes nothing..

The Setup:
Received Rasshat's package Thursday afternoon. Well packed in a 5 finger bag with a 72% Boveda packet. I dry boxed it overnight in preparation for this mornings review. Smoked it in the "Winter Man Cave" aka Garage, so no discernible wind. Skipped my usual morning cigar accompanying coffee to keep the pallet clear.

The Stick:
I'd call it a Robusto. 50x5ish. Construction looks flawless. Nice solid triple cap. The wrapper is smooth, dark and oily. Like Apollo Creed in the beginning of Rocky 4 dark and oily. In the right light there are "Sparkles" on the wrapper. Not like the gold leaf that comes off a band… Actually In the leaf like some REALLY mineral rich soil birthed this sacrificial plant. Strong hit of Cedar on a cold sniff, with hints of Hay and Coffee.

The Light:
Made a Cross cut with a Xikar VX, cold draw was smooth and easy. Another sign of an excellently made cigar. Used a butane soft flame and took my time on the toast. Cedar and coffers are a lot more pronounced on the toast. Lit evenly with just two draws.

1st Third: Opened smooth, almost creamy. The coffee is really coming through with some undertones of nuttiness and just a hint of cocoa. The burn is even and consistent. Getting a good solid ash, hung on a good 2 inches straight and even before falling in the ashtray with a bit of a thud. Draw is perfect, smoke it thick and almost creamy on the mouthfeel. Hang heavy and linger in the air, it's aroma adding to the flavor of the stick.

Burn was even throughout the 1st third but picked up a runner at the very end, will have to see how that develops.(purged at the end of the first third)

2nd Third: The cocoa is getting stronger, and a spiciness is developing. Not a crazy burn your lips spiciness but definitely a slow pepper and cinnamon coming through. The nuttiness seems to be evolving into a nice mellow leather. Burn self corrected, evened out nicely as I smoked through the 2nd third, no need for a touch up. (Purged at the end of the second third)

Last third: Spiciness intensifying but still very smooth. I am very much enjoying the layers of flavor in this one and have to force myself to slow down. Some hints of "Brightness" coming through in the last third, Citrus perhaps. Smoked it down to just about an inch. rich flavors up until the very end, the Pepper and Citrus dominating the end butt in a good way. Definitely leaves you wanting more.

Overall:
VERY enjoyable smoke, great flavor profile. I constantly had to tell myself to slow down to really savor it and not turn it bitter. Definitely one of the better constructed cigars I have had the chance to smoke.

Smoke Time: 1:15
Score: 92/100

My Guess… Tat Regios Reserva

Thanks to Ryan for throwing down the challenge. Puts a whole new perspective on my morning smoke.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0

The Setup:
Received Rasshat's package Thursday afternoon. Well packed in a 5 finger bag with a 72% Boveda packet. I dry boxed it overnight in preparation for this mornings review. Smoked it in the "Winter Man Cave" aka Garage, so no discernible wind. Skipped my usual morning cigar accompanying coffee to keep the pallet clear.

The Stick:
I'd call it a Robusto. 50x5ish. Construction looks flawless. Nice solid triple cap. The wrapper is smooth, dark and oily. Like Apollo Creed in the beginning of Rocky 4 dark and oily. In the right light there are "Sparkles" on the wrapper. Not like the gold leaf that comes off a band… Actually In the leaf like some REALLY mineral rich soil birthed this sacrificial plant. Strong hit of Cedar on a cold sniff, with hints of Hay and Coffee.

The Light:
Made a Cross cut with a Xikar VX, cold draw was smooth and easy. Another sign of an excellently made cigar. Used a butane soft flame and took my time on the toast. Cedar and coffers are a lot more pronounced on the toast. Lit evenly with just two draws.

1st Third: Opened smooth, almost creamy. The coffee is really coming through with some undertones of nuttiness and just a hint of cocoa. The burn is even and consistent. Getting a good solid ash, hung on a good 2 inches straight and even before falling in the ashtray with a bit of a thud. Draw is perfect, smoke it thick and almost creamy on the mouthfeel. Hang heavy and linger in the air, it's aroma adding to the flavor of the stick.

Burn was even throughout the 1st third but picked up a runner at the very end, will have to see how that develops.(purged at the end of the first third)

2nd Third: The cocoa is getting stronger, and a spiciness is developing. Not a crazy burn your lips spiciness but definitely a slow pepper and cinnamon coming through. The nuttiness seems to be evolving into a nice mellow leather. Burn self corrected, evened out nicely as I smoked through the 2nd third, no need for a touch up. (Purged at the end of the second third)

Last third: Spiciness intensifying but still very smooth. I am very much enjoying the layers of flavor in this one and have to force myself to slow down. Some hints of "Brightness" coming through in the last third, Citrus perhaps. Smoked it down to just about an inch. rich flavors up until the very end, the Pepper and Citrus dominating the end butt in a good way. Definitely leaves you wanting more.

Overall:
VERY enjoyable smoke, great flavor profile. I constantly had to tell myself to slow down to really savor it and not turn it bitter. Definitely one of the better constructed cigars I have had the chance to smoke.

Thanks to Ryan for throwing down the challenge. Puts a whole new perspective on my morning smoke.
Great review, brother!

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0

The Setup:

The Stick:

The Light:

Overall:

Fantastic review Sal! See, that wasnt so hard:) Glad you liked the stick and overnight dry boxing was prob a great call considering Daves lack of smoke production vs yours. Might be good suggestion for the other guys since 72% is steep but i just throw mini bovedas i get form orders into the bags since its what i got.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
ChefboyRG54 Blind Review Label "B"

Corona

Smooth wrapper, yet rough with veins. Slightly mottled with a nice oiled sheen. Looking at the foot, seems like a loose bunching. Curious to see how this cigar will smoke.

Vanilla bean, cedar and tobacco off of the foot.

Cold draw; crisp tobacco, almost like the tartness of an apple (not the flavor) flavor almost has s green grape going on. Alright, let's light this thing already...enough with the Shenanigans.

This thing is full of flavor right from the start, kinda surprised me. Creamy, I've had this blend before....smooth. A hidden strength, that I think will sneak up. Sweet....the tartness comes through from the cold draw. Almost like black cherries. Perfect burn line....this stick is med-full.. Leaning more towards full as it moves along.

Into the second, I'm getting a cinnamon spice. This is a fantastic cigar...I know this blend but cannot name it....like seeing someone you know.. but forgetting their name. I'm having a hard time concentrating on the cigar as my mind is stuck on naming this stick....Ryan you bastard! Lol. Alright, back to the cigar. There's a tingling spice left on the top front half of the tongue. You can feel the fullness in the back of your throat and in your belly. Spicy on the palette, creamy, wood through the middle, leathery on the end. I think the spice is a little more prominent for me because I smoked some pipe baccy that had some bite and my tongue is a bit sensitive to it at the moment. A bit of clove coming through as i about reach the final third.

The spice is picking up in this full strength stick. It's become very leathery, followed through with a peppery retro. The strength is kickin'. Some of the flavors could be described in so many ways, I'm having a hard time picking out how I'd like to describe them. Ridiculously tasty..... How about that..lol perfect burn through the entire stick. Watch out guys, this cigar might kick some of your asses..ha ha! Eat prior to it. Dark, rich and bold in the finish. A bit of minty pine coming through towards the nub. Leather, wood, spice, mint laced pine. As I take a pull and let the smoke sit in my mouth, I can feel the strength fill my stomach. A hint of cloves.

Ha, a commercial for Lexus comes on and says "some things let you know they are not to be messed with. With a bark as big as its bite" perfectly fitting for this cigar. The nub is a spicy fire cracker in the nub....nothing but spice and fire through the retro.....cool to the very end. This stick did a sumo squat right on my palette. Awesome. Period.

Smoke time 1hr 20mins

Score 94/100

Arturo Fuente Opus X Angels Share ( Because Ryan is an ass and would do that)

Last edited:

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Nice review Dave, sounds like a great stick. I actually haven't had this one yet but it sounds delicious!

Guessing B and C will be much more difficult than I think A will be so good luck :)